For someone with a tendency to react very badly to constructive criticism of their own work, you're offering some very non-constructive and unhelpful comments Deviance.

Glad someone else said it, was bugging the shit out of me. I hate it when people struggle with criticism, yet give no good crits in return.

Chalk, it looks terrible right now man. Any time you are spending photosourcing a texture, or making a texture on this head is time wasted. Doesn't matter if it's 5, 10, or 15 minutes.

Show wireframes of your most recent revisions to the head, as well as flat orthographic shots. Sam Witwer's odd facial features aside, your proportions are off on the facial anatomy in general. For instance look at the dorsum and radix of your model's nose in comparison to Witwer's

actor2.jpg

Yours is way to wide, and the length from the dorsum to the tip is too short. Now, the alae of your nose is way too wide and bulbous. I remember you were doing very well one one revision, then you went off the deep end again. What happened dude?

ChalklYne and Circa like this

What he said. I'm no modeler, but I don't think it looks terrible. But it doesn't look like him at all. Sometimes it feels as though you stray away from the reference pictures and try to go by memory or just go by what we say. Scrutinize those suckers and try your best to replicate it. 

ChalklYne likes this

It looks a bit better, but the lower lip looks like it's pushed in too much, and the nose Is still...

A NOT-Starkiller nose. Also, the head may be too wide from the front but maybe my eyes are playing tricks on themselves, considering I just woke up.

But yeah... nice. And sorry again.

ChalklYne likes this

It looks amazing. after 29 pages and over a year, you are wrapping this up with a completely awesome-looking starkiller. You started so many times over, I have no words. Simply,

such amaze

wow

No, but seriously, you didn't complain that we laughed at this even one time. My level of frustration would be over 9000 if I were you, but you just laughed with us. Keep up the good work man!

Omicron and ChalklYne like this

Oh believe me...

jsyq.jpg

Funny derailing story about that:

I once told @@AshuraDX that once I finish this model, I will explode and impale and just... pain... lots of pain.. all over this model lmao. I have been so frustrated, but the thing that kept me grounded, was the fuckin hilarious responses. And i'll be honest, each time I was like oh hell yeah, nailed it! Then the next morning I'd look at it and your responses and be like wtf was I thinking? lmao! good times. I have very thick skin and everyone's comments were actually very helpful. I just wish I could contact people such as @@Inyri, @@Corto, @@minilogoguy18, and @@Milamber and just apologize for disregarding a lot of their helpful advice in the beginning, because I really felt retarded after turning down help from such talented people. But yeah, I want to make this guy DIE in soooo many ways. Expect once this mod is done, for me to pull an entire season of Dexter on this guy in a dark room.

I just like to finish what I start regardless of the time it takes. I really can't say anything would have made it any easier either. Just experience. I mean, there is no way a year ago I woulda been able to get the topology this close in under 1000 verts. Just takes time I guess. Now, I WILL say that when I move onto Maris Brood and such, it will be MUCH easier now that I have some experience under my belt. 

I will also say that this Starkiller will be available for download around Christmas for everyone. No sense in holding out on that one. No levels will be released before the mod, nor any other characters, but I will go ahead and let this one go for a Christmas present for everyone's help. I will be revisiting the body piece by piece in Zbrush and repainiting and reshaping a lot of it compared to Manny Llamas' renders. I also am pretty off on a lot of the colors, and will use a pic of SK to use the eyedropper on to make sure I am nailing the colors. But yeah, expect this to be released soon. I am very focused on completing the T3-M4 droid or whatever it is, as well as my map objects for the Castlevania mod before I wrap up the TIE Facility and move onto Raxus or the interrogation room.

Thank you again everyone for your patience and support through everything.

Only thing is, I will now have a completely sculpted high res version of SK as well... not sure what I can do with that, but I am thinking any of the rendered cutscenes from Softimage will be featuring the high res model?

Omicron, Circa and Futuza like this

I am remodeling all of him now lmao. Except for his shoulder guards and belts. The rest will be rebuilt around kyle's body so it fits correctly and is proportionate. Wont take me long I expect to finish the chest and arms in the next day or two. then I will rebuild his legs. My reasoning: the mesh I have now can be optimized a LOT. The mesh I have now has weird stretches in the uvmaps I am now noticing. The current mesh also is disproportionate and inhuman. It will just be easier to rebuild then reshape at this point and no point in slapping a decent head on a shit body. I did a lot of it from memory, and will use Manny Llamas' renders to build each piece more accurately. Sorry, but a necessary wrench in the motor.

katanamaru likes this

Well, i dont mind repainting it if I have to, so if that is the best thing to do no worries. I enjoy the practice. I am not trying to make one model here, I am trying to give myself the tools to make many models. I really didnt like the way I unwrapped it anyways. Still, is there any way I can get around it looking so flat? Or is layering a shadow map over it in photoshop going to help much?