Barricade24's WIPs & Projects

Gregor is back underway. I have been able to add a few more marks on the side of the helmet (which is a pain in the neck by the way). The most note-worthy thing in this update is the second layer of camo added to the majority of the armor. I am especially pleased how it worked out on the legs and thighs.

Let me know what you think.

Lamented likes this

Is there any way to throw in a bit more contrast on the areas that have the amor slits so they stand out a bit more? No big changes I see and it would be fine without it. Maybe on the spec map make em a bit darker eh?

Or.. you could highlight and shadow those areas. Something like this for example I just whipped this up real quick for ya.

ke5w.jpg

Adding a little highlight/shadows to the right areas will really pop that armor out for ya

Is there any way to throw in a bit more contrast on the areas that have the amor slits so they stand out a bit more? No big changes I see and it would be fine without it. Maybe on the spec map make em a bit darker eh?

Or.. you could highlight and shadow those areas. Something like this for example I just whipped this up real quick for ya.

ke5w.jpg

Adding a little highlight/shadows to the right areas will really pop that armor out for ya

I'll see what I can do when I get to the shaders. Maybe when I setup the specs I can try doing as you have suggested.

ChalklYne likes this
  • 1 month later...

It's been a long time coming since I've seen your face

I've been everywhere and back trying to replace

Everything that I had 'til my feet went numb

Praying like a fool that's been on the run

Heart's still beating, but it's not working

It's like a million dollar phone that you just can't ring

I reach out tryin to love, but I feel nothing

Yeah, my heart is numb...

But with YOOUU.....

I feel AGAAIIN.....

Yeah, with YOOUU.....

I feel AGAAIIN.....

Ye.

In other words--

How's Gregor? rofl

I miss the updates

But with YOOUU.....

I feel AGAAIIN.....

Yeah, with YOOUU.....

I feel AGAAIIN.....

Ye.

In other words--

How's Gregor? rofl

I miss the updates

Gary-Coleman-wtf.gif

Whats with the black lines on his face o.0 It's like sewing threads or something? .. On plastic? Also the grungy texture applied to like the entire texture is really obvious.

Hope you find ways to improve it, it's good to see.

Whats with the black lines on his face o.0 It's like sewing threads or something? .. On plastic? Also the grungy texture applied to like the entire texture is really obvious.

Hope you find ways to improve it, it's good to see.

Have you seen Gregor before?

http://fangirlsintheforce.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/gregor-hs.jpg

Not trying to be insulting, that's just basically what the marks are in the original content.

Circa likes this

Ah, ok, I didn't realise this reskin was going off of the Clone Wars series, that explains the cartoony-ness. ;) All previous comments are withdrawn.

Gotcha. :) I agree it is weird, and that's what I thought as well until I realized it was canon. But hey, if that's what Lucas wants...

JAWSFreelao likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

But with YOOUU.....

I feel AGAAIIN.....

Yeah, with YOOUU.....

I feel AGAAIIN.....

Ye.

In other words--

How's Gregor? rofl

I miss the updates

I've been working on other projects at the moment so Gregor has not been my primary focus.That said I have not forgotten about him. I adding some camo to Gregor's helmet it is looking good so far. No pictures of him just yet. Mainly, Gregor just needs some updated camo on his backpack and some more camo randomly put across his armor. As well as the remaining tally marks.

However, I do have something to show off. I remembered how people have been wanting a battle damaged Stormtrooper and since I have been also having troubles with the Stcommander and Incinerator Trooper from TFU. That main reason I found to be because they both need damaged armor otherwise they just don't look right.

So here are shots of three skins that have been damaged let me know which one you think is best.

The last one I think is my favorite.

Cerez likes this

As far as worn armor goes, the last one looks great!

But for battle damaged, they should be more "damaged", like Omicron said.

Yeah I think I should have been more clear. I think was going for more of a "worn" armor rather than a battle damaged one. Maybe I'll make a battle damaged one some where down the line.

Circa likes this
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Gregor is back underway. I have been able to add a few more marks on the side of the helmet (which is a pain in the neck by the way). The most note-worthy thing in this update is the second layer of camo added to the majority of the armor. I am especially pleased how it worked out on the legs and thighs.

xi6.png

e562.png

Let me know what you think.