Barricade24's WIPs & Projects

Wow, holy... wow. How long do you think til it'll be finished and released? I'm not trying to be impatient again, but this Commando is simply amazing. You think the tallies and editing is the last thing required, or you still have a bit to go? I'm sorry, but... no one can replicate Gregor as well as you did, at 69 percent.

Not quite. I still need to get Gregor's other arm ready to go. As well as adjust the left thigh armor (it looks to funny in my opinon). Then I will need to add the secondary camo layer. While I believe I have the main shade of the armor right, it still needs a few touch ups here and there. So I unfortunately can't give a percise date.

I'm assuming you're using Photoshop to create the textures? Anyways, instead of the eraser you could just lower the opacity of that layer to make them look faded and a bit more realistic.

My planned procedure is to get all of the tally marks on to one image then that to use the eraser on certain points that I think would make the marks look realistic. I have a back up of the texture before tally marks were added so I am going to use that to make the marks look faded.

As for the textures I have actually been using the base Clone Commando textures with the official camo pattern as my tool for adding the camo.

gregor.jpg

are those supposed to be like etched in notches or kind of painted on? im not familiar with gregor i apologize

It looks like they are kind of painted on, this shot is a pretty good reference.

gregor_helmet_zps061233eb.jpg

Oh and one question, Barricade. If my Total Conversion of Savage Opress works out in the future, can I use your Gregor for a scenario?

Indeed, you may. I wish you well on your Conversion.

It is very interesting to look back and see all the things that one has created only to come along much later only to have a much more updated base that is so much better than the previous one. I honestly don't know why I didn't do the base first. This will in fact mean I will have to do a Wolfpack version two with the updated textures. That's the good thing about Gregor, he doesn't need a new base.

Next time I am about do a project that involves working with an incomplete base, somebody remind me of this.

In Gregor news I believe I have discovered the method to adding the secondary camo layer. But I am going to try out a second method just to see which one turns out better.

Back on topic here; I have discovered a way to get the second layer of camo on to Gregor. Using a darker version of the official camo and using a low opacity, I was able to get the camo to stand out, which failed in both of my previous attempts. I think I still have a ways to go. But Gregor is making pretty good progress. I also (for the most part) like how the model is set up in terms of textures. The the textures map on to the model make it easier to apply the camo without it looking to weird. The only thing I really don't like is that the head is flipped on the texture map. It makes it a little more complicated to get the tally marks in place.

I hate when issues with skinning like that occur. But hey, you found one solution and tally marks aren't impossible--not by your standards! <3

You've got this, Barricade. I know you do. And, uh... I found a custom skin of Gregor on the Net but it's meant for Republic Commando model format and I doubt you want to be a cheat. But if you might need it for a reference, I have it.

I hate when issues with skinning like that occur. But hey, you found one solution and tally marks aren't impossible--not by your standards! <3

You've got this, Barricade. I know you do. And, uh... I found a custom skin of Gregor on the Net but it's meant for Republic Commando model format and I doubt you want to be a cheat. But if you might need it for a reference, I have it.

I think I saw that one particular model but I think I will stick with the reference shots from the actual show and adapt them to the realistic commando myself. I'll have to look for some better views of Gregor's helmet though to get things right.

Alright, I just finished getting two new tally marks on to Gregor's helmet and I can't tell you how much of a pain it is to get them just right. The tally marks are where this guy is going to get difficult. I'm not sure how many in total are left to do. All I know is I am going to be so glad when the tally marks are done.

In other news I have decided to slightly redo Gregor's backpack. Looking at reference shots his backpack has very little in terms of camo. I am sure I have a backup somewhere that was before I added the second layer. I also intend to add team skins to Gregor because I though it would look cool. :D

In other news I have decided to slightly redo Gregor's backpack. Looking at reference shots his backpack has very little in terms of camo. I am sure I have a backup somewhere that was before I added the second layer.

Did you not make the "second layer" on an ACTUAL second layer in your graphics program?

Did you not make the "second layer" on an ACTUAL second layer in your graphics program?

No "layer" is just a term to describe what exactly I put on the texture. I have never really have been a fan of layer tools. I like to keep things flat for the most part. Although looking back on the backpack, I can see where that would come in handy. But that's why I make backups.

No "layer" is just a term to describe what exactly I put on the texture. I have never really have been a fan of layer tools. I like to keep things flat for the most part. Although looking back on the backpack, I can see where that would come in handy. But that's why I make backups.

You should learn to create separate layers for separate parts of your textures. It's a massive time-saver and allows for other cool features that would be more difficult to pull off in another method. Separating different parts of your textures allows easy manipulation of the parts, especially if you want to go back and resize, color correct, etc. after you've made it. It will make your life much easier.

I have decided to take a break from Gregor for awhile. He still is a little bit left to be done but I feel as if I might accidently rush him and make a mistake. So I am taking a break from him. I have several other projects that I am working on right now such as Greedo and Jaina Solo. As well as the 10th Legion. Now rest assured Gregor isn't cancelled or anything like that, I just feel I need to take a break from him for awhile. In the mean time, if you are intrested I can post photos of my other works.

ChalklYne and Kualan like this

Jaina Solo sounds interesting. The NJO are surprisingly underrepresented in JKA mods.

Indeed. Till this day I have been using the Human Female with brown hair as a representation of her. It is really not that good. However looking over some reference shots from art, Jaina carries a very similar appearance to that of Gwethenea. In fact, both their noses and lips like spot on to each other. So by using a combination of two hairstyles darkening the hair color, and changing eye color, I think I have reached a pretty good likeness of her. All I really need now are some clothes for her to wear.