Barricade24's WIPs & Projects

You are both right and to be fair, the bases I used are basically combinations of already existing Clone skins. With some technical work. I will compare my new Phase 1 Clonetrooper with the original and you will probably see the differences.

Things such as the hands, and elbow pad were things that had some minor issues that just seemed out of place. But as I said before, most of bases are just seperate skins combined to look better. But I will mosty certainly give credit where credit is due.

Update! I have been spending most of the day working on the 212th Airborne Trooper and I must say, I am extremely pleased with the results so far. Just need to work a bit on his arms and he should be about done. Finding the color to match the default 212th trooper was a bit of pain though. Anyway, here are some shots that compare the two.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally I was planning on making a massive pack with all my skins. However, that would take too long for things to ger released. So, I have decided to choose a single set of legions and work on them. My first batch of Clones I plan to release is the Wolfpack. I already have some progress done on most of them. It is mainly the Phase 2 Wolffe I am working on right now.

So far the pack will include:

• Phase II Trooper
  • Phase II Boost
  • Phase II Comet
  • Phase II Sinker
  • Phase II Wolffe
  • Phase 1 Trooper
  • Phase 1 Wolffe

There might be a phase 1 Boost and Sinker down the line, which would be pretty easy to do. Maybe a Phase 1 Wolffe that is the grey pattern. I'll see how things go.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to get some feedback from some of you guys I recently tested out a slightly different Phase 1 approach and wanted to know which one you think is better.

Current:
New:
As you can see it is simply a Phase 1 head on the Phase 2 skin. But this solves a lot of problems. First: it creates a more unified feel between both the Phase 1 and Phase 2 troopers. Second, it solves the symmetry issue I was having with the previous Phase 1 texture. What this will mean is that I will have to redo all the Phase 1 clones I have done this far, which is fairly simple at this point. This is only the helmet so far, the only things that need to be adjusted are the position of the comlink and a slight arm change.

Let me know what you guys think.

• 1 month later...

Nice to see the 212th getting some love.

Got back to a decent computer today after the holidays, and knocked these up:

501stWIP_zps65ffaf45.jpg

Going to test them in-game at some point tomorrow, and hopefully release them in the near future after getting permission from those who made the models, etc. Hopefully they'll be the ideal counterparts for your Phase 1 versions.

JAWSFreelao and Barricade24 like this
Nice to see the 212th getting some love.

Got back to a decent computer today after the holidays, and knocked these up:

501stWIP_zps65ffaf45.jpg

Going to test them in-game at some point tomorrow, and hopefully release them in the near future after getting permission from those who made the models, etc. Hopefully they'll be the ideal counterparts for your Phase 1 versions.

Wow! Very impressive work. I still do plan on releasing my own version of these Clones. But very impressive work on the Republic symbol on Jesse's head. How tricky was it to do that?

Kualan likes this
Wow! Very impressive work. I still do plan on releasing my own version of these Clones. But very impressive work on the Republic symbol on Jesse's head. How tricky was it to do that?

Took a bit of trial-and-error, but it wasn't too bad. It still isn't perfect though, and needs some tweaking. The side-angle in particular is a bit dodgy in places.

Also had to give Tup mirrored teardrops on his helmet, as I couldn't find a way to apply the texture without it mirroring. It isn't too much of a big deal though.

At last the update is here. Here are the current skins of all my Phase 1 212th troopers. There are still some very minor changes to be made but the look will be basically the same.

First is the Phase 1 Trooper.

ot much to write home about. He is basically just a clone officer with orange markings. One thing you will notice is that all the scratches on this model were removed.

Next is Crys:

know that he is a very minor character but I didn't want to leave any stone unturned.

Next is a more familar character; Boil.

Boil turned out pretty well and he was fairly simple to do as well. His brother Waxer on the other hand was not so easy...

The main problem with Waxer was getting the line in the certain of his head to stay together correctly. There only glitch I see in him is that some parts of the line look a little out of place but it can only really be noticed when looking from an above.

Another thing that makes me really proud of Waxer is this:

I know this is such a minor detail but that droid symbol just really won this skin for me.

Finally, good old Commander Cody:

I think Cody is another one of my favorites. It was quite a trick getting the parts transparent but, it eventually worked out thanks to the help of some members here are gave me the correct shader code.

Thanks you guys.

I was also able to get his "head-light" as red as seen here:

Well that's all for Phase 1.

Let me know what you guys think. If you can think of any improvements let me know.

Kualan, therfiles and Jeff like this
You could use a shader to make the head light glow or blink or something. just saying.

That is a good idea. While I have never succesfully completed a glow shader, I'll have to give that a try.

I don't like the shader, gives it a metallic shine rather than plastic. You should play around with that some.

Got it. I'll play around with the shaders some more and find one that isn't so metallic.

Keep the feedback coming.

I'm thinking it has less to do with the shader and more to do with the textures you're using for the shader. If the specular map is sharp, you're going to get a metallic look. If it's a little more blurry, and lighter altogether, you'll get a more plastic look. In my opinion, a spec map and a very slight environment map will give the best results for a plastic sheen. You'd need a custom env map though -- don't use the regular chrome one from the assets. That looks awful on EVERYTHING.