Star Wars: Rogue One

So IMDB confirms, that Mon Mothma is indeed played by Genevieve O'Reilly, who played the same character in Episode III, but all the scenes were deleted from final film. It's peculiar, that secrecy played a much larger role with R1, than it was with TFA. I checked O'Reilly page during the release of the trailer, and there was no info on her involvement in Star Wars, but some TV series were listed in 2015-2016. Not even a hint before that!

Jyn Erso? Really? That's like "Jan Ors sounds nice but we want something different so let's change a few letters". No one can tell me that there isn't a relation to the name Jan Ors

Why are they unwilling to throw the fans a bone and use the name "Jan Ors" -- it seems clear to me to be the same character...

...the guy in the white cape/uniform looks like the actor Ben Mendelsohn.

z3filus likes this

at the 1 minute mark in the trailer when the siren is going off and they appear to be coming out of a hangar on Yavin4... it looks a lot like "Jan Ors" and "Kyle Katarn" (the guy in the brown military jacket-- who was also depicted earlier in the briefing room) walking side-by-side. Of course they'll probably change his name too... to "Cael or Cole Craytan" or something like that.

GLTh3Pr0 and afi like this

I am almost positive, that's not Kyle Katarn. It would be curious to see him though... It could still work out. I mean, if that is Kyle Katarn, we are open to speculation, that he already has had a mission to Danuta to steal the plans. The game (which is no longer canon) said, that after that the plans were delivered to Princess Leia. However a RetCon is in order here: he delivers the plans, which are coded, so he is in charge of the the mission to the presumed military installation to be launched. Mon Mothma sees that a group of agents would be sent there, and Kyle directs this group.

The plans extracted by Kyle and schematics, found by Jyn Orso later are combined to be a complete "guide" to the presumed super weapon (just like in Lethal Alliance, Kyle steals only part of the plans, while additional materials are stolen by a Twilek mercenary). So then they do what they do in Rogue One, the plans are then delivered to Leia. And are deciphered completely only during A New Hope events.

Surely I gave way to much imagination of mine, but I confessed many times, that Kyle Katarn is my fav, and I wouldn't give him away without a fight even if the Rogue One movie is awesomely perfect. :)

...the guy in the white cape/uniform is the actor Ben Mendelsohn. 

True, but is there any chance of him to be in the role of a somewhat...younger (mid aged) Tarkin? Dunno for you guys, but personally my first time watching the Rogue One teaser last night i felt very emotional and just the same way as of Tarkin when i saw him for first time.

True, but is there any chance of him to be in the role of a somewhat...younger (mid aged) Tarkin? Dunno for you guys, but personally my first time watching the Rogue One teaser last night i felt very emotional and just the same way as of Tarkin when i saw him for first time.

A friend of mine thinks he MAY be some kind of Canon version of Thrawn

dark_apprentice likes this

It's possible, but isn't Thrawn always shown as a blue skinned humanoidish person with red eyes O.o

Actually in the Canon a lot of stuff was changed, take for example the Flurry ship, which is now an imperial fighter carrier. Anyway in the movies they tend to create new characters, so I don't think he's Trawn

After looking again at that black droid that runs with Jin (or Jan), I think it's some kind of reprogrammed  imperial droid. Many parts of his designs are similar to the stormtrooper armor (especially the back cheastplate simbols "OII"). I think the reason they didn't show his head yet is that it's similar to a stormtrooper helmet.

I just had to say about the black stormtroopers in the trailer....Are those HUMAN VERSIONS of the Dark Trooper? I wouldn't be surprised if they were, TBH.

From what I know, they are called deathtroopers. Anyway, darktroopers yet exist inthe Canon, but only the phase 2 ones (and in the Canon they look like Purge Troopers from TFU)

From what I know, they are called deathtroopers. Anyway, darktroopers yet exist inthe Canon, but only the phase 2 ones (and in the Canon they look like Purge Troopers from TFU)

Deathtroopers, huh...? I wouldn't be surprised if Death and Dark Troopers were made for the same thing: Rebel Base Extermination.

GLTh3Pr0 likes this

I feel like I'm pretty alone on the fact that this trailer is pretty eh. It looks a lot like a fan film which is sort of a letdown. Nitpick wise the effects look pretty poor (The AT-AT shot especially) and the Stormtrooper outfits look..off. I feel like the inclusion of a female protagonist feels almost forced in a way. Maybe its just her role as some kind of soldier bad ass (or whatever her character is) but it just doesn't seem too realistic to me and weakens the character, not so much a problem just a gripe. I have nothing against female protagonists, Sarah Connor and Ellen Ripley are some of my favorite characters in film and Rey in the Force Awakens was pulled off great but this just seems like some kind of gimmick to satisfy a certain group of people (which it just might be) I can't quite conjure up the right words about it right now lol. Maybe I was just really hoping to see a Kyle Katarn sorta character in this movie but obviously that was pretty unlikely. My opinion at the moment is only based from seeing the trailer and there is only so much you can get from a two minute video, I am sure I will see this movie opening night and enjoy it while completely forgetting about the mediocre trailer from months before.