Dancing animation?

I've recently been doing a little scripting using animations for cut-scenes and background characters and such, and I have a kinda trivial question. Are there dancing animations for like a cantina dancer in base JA or any mods that you know of? I cannot find any. If not, what are some animations in base game that could be linked together to kinda look like a dance? I wonder if someone has done this before. One last thing, I'm sure I'd figure it out, but how would you link together different animations like that to make it like a continuous dance that they won't stop doing. Use a loop? I'm very new to icarus scripting so any other advice would be helpful!

Smoo likes this

Dragon is very easy and it saves your file in .gla format, so you don't have to play with it much. Altough it's not really a professional tool, it's enough to make some animating :P

Btw, I don't know how to animate in blender, are there some tutorials?

Blender has a manual. Only looking at the titles I'd suggest you look into the "General Principles and Tools" section and into Rigging, in particular Armatures (to get an understanding for what they are; you don't need to create them, you'd import them from a .gla/.glm file) and Posing.

These may not be the best resources; feel free to search for "Blender posing tutorial" or similar.

• 1 year later...

Are there dancing animations for like a cantina dancer in base JA or any mods that you know of?

Can't believe this thread is two years old, it was one of those that inspired me to do my own thing. 

I've started to animate more complex things (I'm still a beginner however) and thought that maybe this was something appropiate to post here:

I'm trying to create a simple dance animation for immersion in cantina maps, there's still a lot to improve though, so I want to hear some criticism. 

Penekowski, Lancelot, Circa and 1 other like this

Goodness... there are many free motion capture dance animations on the web. Do a google search, find them and retarget them onto the JA skeleton in Blender.

Here is just one major resource:

http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu/motcat.php?maincat=4

Download a BVH player to preview the mocap files.

Can you explain how you would do that ? I don't see how to import the files listed in your link nor how to retarget this onto the JA skeleton.