Star Wars Battlefront

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed, that Battlefront includes new music, created specifically for this game (part of it was first introduced with one of the early trailers). It seems it even has it's own theme. Which raises the question, what's the plot of the game, aside from the obvious Galactic Civil War?

Too bad the game for now boasts only Hoth, Endor, Tatooine and Sullust (and Jakku). Surely the level of detail required working a lot on very many aspects of each location and took time, but battlefront I and II were also notable at their time and they introduced Naboo, Tatooine, Geonosis, Hoth, Rhen Var, and later Felucia, Mustafar, Coruscant among many others in one pack. I really hoped for diversity in this game too. DLC could still be possible, if it was important for developers, and they could reintroduce Manaan, Wayland, Raxus, Nar Shaddaa and many other locations into the game.

JAWSFreelao likes this

@DrXann

I guess, you would agree with me, that this fact wouldn't be a problem for making anything in Battlefront. The first two games included dozens of locations, some of which didn't have to appear at all. In this regard Rhen Var seemed to be a very unusual addition, in my opinion.

The game is now playable (you can only spend like 10 hours on it in total) for those who have EA access or whatever it's called. So far I haven't heard much negatives about the game, guess we will have to wait for the 17th when the game comes out for reviews. 

I looked through the recent feature on their website, where you can explore the planets, units, events, weapons and other stuff. Yes, it does look very good and there seems to be a lot of opportunities. They also pay attention to the species, so you can play as Duros, Rodian, Twi'Lek, Quarren, Sullustan and perhaps some different aliens, aside from humans, which can look different. However I feel, that all the effort went into creating these four locations - Hoth, Tatooine, Endor and Sullust.

@@DrXann

I am not sure about sounds, but the team spend a lot of time recording them at different locations, not just the image, but also sounds themselves, like in Iceland. For Tatooine they went to Dubai to include sounds of desert and winds, as Tunisia is no longer safe to do such things.

Given the fact, that they worked so hard on making these 4 planets, I am not sure they will equally develop other locations such as Bespin, Naboo and other places - would it be worth for a team to travel far enough from the office to prepare a decent DLC with new places?

@@Jeff Survival mode, Hero Battles and another mode thats like hero battles except no heroes. It's basically run around and gun down A.I and take their tokens and reach a certain amount before they beat you to it. It's nothing too special as the Multiplayer is the main focus of the game but I spent a good few hours with it. 

@@Jeff Survival mode, Hero Battles and another mode thats like hero battles except no heroes. It's basically run around and gun down A.I and take their tokens and reach a certain amount before they beat you to it. It's nothing too special as the Multiplayer is the main focus of the game but I spent a good few hours with it. 

OK thanks this is helpful. I'll probably get it then. I don't enjoy playing online and getting my ass handed to me.

JAWSFreelao likes this

My deluxe edition Darth Vader PS4 bundle came in the mail yesterday. I think the game's really awesome, though I'm a bit disappointed by the small amount of singleplayer content. Though overall I've found the game to be very fun and well polished.cheer.gif

I'm also loving the classic SW games the bundle comes with.