Star Wars Battlefront

I don't see me doubling back and rephrasing my arguments. I've said the same thing this entire time, simply because you cannot read doesn't mean anything because clearly other people like shadow can understand me just fine. 

The fact that I have been a part of making a modification that is referenced all of the time when even talking about AAA EA SW titles on its own while also having content in many actual video games gives me a little more weight than you think I actually know what I'm talking about from experience if you really want to bring ego into this. You're just sitting here attempting to insult people. I gave facts, reasoning, statistics. You're just a dick.

If you dislike me so much, just ignore me using your account settings.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not defending EA. I'm not denying the game has issues. I just stated that I think it's fun that people should try it.

I tried it with several members of the MB team, we all stopped playing it pretty quickly out of disappointment. The game could have been so much but it just failed on so many levels that it just isn't fun for me. The biggest casual things I wanted were stripped out of it entirely (Solo bot play) and is something I really wanted and would really have helped with the longevity. I seriously cannot justify anything in the product at all and I haven't been more disgusted since EA rushed Mass Effect 3's ending. I wanted a modern battlefront, I got a stripped down SW CoD. I got about 20 hours, just couldn't do it anymore. Refunnnddddddd

See that? Now I respect that much much much more. Well phrased.

It just has too little content. Like I said. Not worth 60. But I am hoping that (like I said) Battlefront 1 is a simple proof of concept for the future. The next should be better and if not we can definitely cross that bridge.

Circa likes this

Glad to know both of you are suffering from Buyer's Stockholm Syndrome. Completely unwilling to change your opinion based on tons of new facts that you are clearly ignoring simply because you think it is fun. Some of the biggest logical fallacies I've seen in a while. Do you even understand how much flak the MB team would get if we thought something was balanced but in reality and statistics wise isn't? Don't be blinded by your own confirmation biases.

What? Nobody said this game is perfect, it has mistakes and flaws, but a lot of people, including me, see it as a really fun game and enjoy it. It's like saying Windows Phones are bad, because they lack apps or something and statistically more people use Android and iOS and it doesn't have as much stuff as the other two. Still, people use them just because they want to. "DON'T USE A WINDOWS PHONE BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE SAY IPHONES ARE BETTER!"

You can hate a game, but you should never tell someone to hate it as well. It's always subjective.

JAWSFreelao likes this

Personally I far more interested in how the game was created. The whole process, according to developers diaries and videos, was amazing in nature - they captured sounds, visuals and other things, when traveling to locations, which remind all of us the places from Star Wars. Endor was studied in details, when the team went to California.

rendition1.img.jpg

It is said, that at first the team was simply enjoying "just being there", and after some time they began their work.

therfiles, DT., eezstreet and 2 others like this

It is beautiful. It's incredible graphic wise. But hey, maybe Star Wars EA Battlefront 2 will be much like the original Battlefront 2; with more maps, heroes, and new crap than before.

If I were EA, I'd make two separate Battlefronts- Star Wars Battlefront: The Clone Wars. SWBFTCW (jesus what a mouthful acronym) would be based off of content specifically from Dave Filoni's The Clone Wars. Meanwhile the other strictly uses content from the regular Star Wars movies- prequel and original trilogy. Breaking up all of that content makes sense, not only from a business standpoint, but from a fan's standpoint. I get the feeling that they would be able to flesh out a more authentic experience if they separated the content. More money, and more appeasement to all fanbases. Which would not only up their sales, but possibly redeem their company's name.

But of course the few variables in which my idea could turn bad:

Pre-planned DLC.

Season pass BS.

Another subpar gaming experience. EA really needs to come out with a shock-and-awe vengeance after this- I wouldn't say flop, but- worse than expected game. EA is having trouble because Battlefield is struggling.

The best guaranteed way (I believe) to salvage their reputation is to do what I said. Fix gameplay and come out with a shocker. No DLC, no season pass. Deeper weapon customization, get rid of Star cards and power pickups. Revert to the original Battlefront hero system- at random or have the player on the best killstreak win it. Put vehicles on the map. Revert to classes, but leave appearance customization available. Add more weapons in- there are hundreds of weapons in the Star Wars universe- make each one feel unique. The biggest thing for me in Battlefront is the DL-44 being as powerful as the T-21 Anti-Tank rifle. Add in some variety! Go to the Battlefield system- have certain weapons be available for certain class designations. For example: carbine weapons (EE-3, DC-15, DH-17) for the "Medic" class. For the assault class, mostly the heavier stuff. T-21s, DC-15S rifle, the E-11, big stuff. Then for recon obviously the DLT-19, DLT-20A, DC-17M sniper attachment. Basic elementary stuff. But leave attachments, perks, and appearance customizable. Let appearance customization unlocks be determined by rank instead of being able to use "credits." Same with weapons.

It is beautiful. It's incredible graphic wise. But hey, maybe Star Wars EA Battlefront 2 will be much like the original Battlefront 2; with more maps, heroes, and new crap than before.

If I were EA, I'd make two separate Battlefronts- Star Wars Battlefront: The Clone Wars. SWBFTCW (jesus what a mouthful acronym) would be based off of content specifically from Dave Filoni's The Clone Wars. Meanwhile the other strictly uses content from the regular Star Wars movies- prequel and original trilogy. Breaking up all of that content makes sense, not only from a business standpoint, but from a fan's standpoint. I get the feeling that they would be able to flesh out a more authentic experience if they separated the content. More money, and more appeasement to all fanbases. Which would not only up their sales, but possibly redeem their company's name.

But of course the few variables in which my idea could turn bad:

Pre-planned DLC.

Season pass BS.

Another subpar gaming experience. EA really needs to come out with a shock-and-awe vengeance after this- I wouldn't say flop, but- worse than expected game. EA is having trouble because Battlefield is struggling.

The best guaranteed way (I believe) to salvage their reputation is to do what I said. Fix gameplay and come out with a shocker. No DLC, no season pass. Deeper weapon customization, get rid of Star cards and power pickups. Revert to the original Battlefront hero system- at random or have the player on the best killstreak win it. Put vehicles on the map. Revert to classes, but leave appearance customization available. Add more weapons in- there are hundreds of weapons in the Star Wars universe- make each one feel unique. The biggest thing for me in Battlefront is the DL-44 being as powerful as the T-21 Anti-Tank rifle. Add in some variety! Go to the Battlefield system- have certain weapons be available for certain class designations. For example: carbine weapons (EE-3, DC-15, DH-17) for the "Medic" class. For the assault class, mostly the heavier stuff. T-21s, DC-15S rifle, the E-11, big stuff. Then for recon obviously the DLT-19, DLT-20A, DC-17M sniper attachment. Basic elementary stuff. But leave attachments, perks, and appearance customizable. Let appearance customization unlocks be determined by rank instead of being able to use "credits." Same with weapons.

What they ALSO need is a Single Player campaign. 

Ah crap that was one of the main points I forgot to raise. I don't think we need a campaign as much as we need the instant action option. Select the map and era to create a "playlist" snd edit settings to play a botmatch.

Well, every Star Wars game had a Story. So you could say that's ESSENTIAL at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's not coming out for another couple months, so i doubt we'll see anything in these last weeks of 2015. Most companies are on holiday until January.

I'm sure they're still in the process of creating the content anyway. EA rushed them hardcore, clearly. I bet they have a little more time to create the extra content.

This isn't aimed at anyone, but complaining about the game not being finished and then also complaining about waiting too long is just unfair. It takes time to create stuff like that.

• 1 month later...