Star Wars Battlefront

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, I am sure that some who paid $50 for the season pass are a bit angry, considering that only one DLC has come out so far. (They've promised at least 4, but the last one is not coming out until 2017!)

By comparison, Fallout 4 came out around the same time and has had three DLCs (the third one coming out in a few days). The price was originally $30 for that, and they later jumped the price up to $50 because they are coming out with more content than expected.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Well this explains why we're not getting any the force awakens content for Battlefront now we all know where their time and energy is going and where that material will be going. Mystery solved. This is such a money grab it's ridiculous.

JKG Developer

I'm sure they learned from their mistake and will deliver some good content this time. I'm shocked that they're focusing on the new movies so soon though. Episode IX wont be out before the sequel is out, so are they just going to make a new one for just that movie? I was hoping they'd do original trilogy first, prequels second, then a 3rd for the new trilogy. Makes more sense and makes it organized.

And if they completely skip the prequels, I'll be pissed. The Clone War era is the one with the best war settings. Because it's a war. That's what Battlefront is supposed to focus on: war.

therfiles likes this

Meanwhile, I am sure that some who paid $50 for the season pass are a bit angry, considering that only one DLC has come out so far. (They've promised at least 4, but the last one is not coming out until 2017!)

By comparison, Fallout 4 came out around the same time and has had three DLCs (the third one coming out in a few days). The price was originally $30 for that, and they later jumped the price up to $50 because they are coming out with more content than expected.

Not to mention that Bethesda is COMPLETELY MODDER FRIENDLY, unlike EA, who hates modders with a burning passion. Props to Bethesda for being one of the few companies out there who REALIZES that modders like us actually HELP their game and aren't trying to steal it or whatever conspiracy theory against modders that companies can come up with to keep their game mod restricted.

I'm sure they learned from their mistake and will deliver some good content this time. I'm shocked that they're focusing on the new movies so soon though. Episode IX wont be out before the sequel is out, so are they just going to make a new one for just that movie? I was hoping they'd do original trilogy first, prequels second, then a 3rd for the new trilogy. Makes more sense and makes it organized.

And if they completely skip the prequels, I'll be pissed. The Clone War era is the one with the best war settings. Because it's a war. That's what Battlefront is supposed to focus on: war.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but based on the official website for the season pass, it doesn't look like there's going to be any prequel content at all, at least for the first game. Or if there is going to be prequel content, that's what the last unnamed expansion is going to entail. So for all of the prequel battles (Naboo, Geonosis, Order 66 Coruscant, Utapau, Kashykkk, ...), it seems silly to lump it all in one expansion, which I don't think they'll do. Realistically I would expect them to do maybe one battle (the one on Geonosis is the most iconic, certainly), if any, but I agree, that sucks.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but based on the official website for the season pass, it doesn't look like there's going to be any prequel content at all, at least for the first game. Or if there is going to be prequel content, that's what the last unnamed expansion is going to entail. So for all of the prequel battles (Naboo, Geonosis, Order 66 Coruscant, Utapau, Kashykkk, ...), it seems silly to lump it all in one expansion, which I don't think they'll do. Realistically I would expect them to do maybe one battle (the one on Geonosis is the most iconic, certainly), if any, but I agree, that sucks.

Right, they already officially said Battlefront 1 will only have original trilogy content (aside from the Jakku map). That's confirmed and I'm fine with. I just mean in future games. It doesn't make sense to start making a game for the new trilogy when only one movie has come out. Why not make Battlefront 2 focus on the prequels? Then Battlefront 3 on the new ones?

eezstreet likes this

Why not make Battlefront 2 focus on the prequels? Then Battlefront 3 on the new ones?

Unlikely. Ea most likely will release their next game in conjunction with the next movie. So the next game will probably solely have episode 8 content because of the hype surrounding the next movie. I can actually see them releasing an expansion for prequel content, in their next game, just like they did with Jakku. 

• 2 weeks later...

In all honesty, in the beginning I defended the game that DICE gave us, but ever since the Outer Rim DLC I've barely played since the early access release and the only reason I check the forums is for any potential news on the Cloud City DLC... it's been disappointingly quiet on that front and I have little interest in playing right now.

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev

• 4 weeks later...

That was a really good trailer. I really have no interest in buying the game, but that's only because the price tag is ludicrous (I'm not spending $90 on any game). I still think the game itself looks really good, price aside.

There's a really subtle, but really well-appreciated change in the game that I noticed during the trailer. Of course, we all saw the Royal guards in the trailer. I noticed that the royal guards carried a range of weapons. The bulky T-21, the missile launcher (whatever it's called) and a homing shot (it may have been a sniper rifle, idk). We also saw the Shocktroopers, but they had different weapons than usual. One had a DLT-19 while the other had either an E-11 or an EE4. I'm positive that this means that the Royal Guard will replace the Shocktrooper as a special class because they were seen here using all of the weapons that the Shocktroopers used before (unless what I thought was the homing shot is actually a sniper rifle). Royal Guards were trained to use all sorts of weapons, so having three types of blasters makes sense. The Shocktrooper using other weapons also means that it'll definitely be an unlockable skin like the Shadow or Scout trooper. This is exactly how it should be. The Royal Guards should be the ones protecting Palpatine in the game, as they are the most qualified and have the best equipment (really strong armor). And no, they won't be using their Force Pikes in the game. What's the practicality of using that in the battlefield where everyone else uses blasters? The Force-Pike was a strictly ceremonial and formal weapon they held, not something for battles on the scale of Battlefront.

We also saw the REAL rebel honor guard. Not  the blue reskin of the average rebel, the the honor guard seen in A New Hope. The one's wearing the rebel helmet with the black visor and the green, lightly armored uniform. They had DH-17s. We also saw the blue rebel reskin that was once the honor guard standing next to them along with a female variant. I'm pretty sure that this means that the new Honor Guard will replace the original ones. I'm really hoping that these changes can be seen throughout all of the maps and not just Bespin.

And don't worry about Luke's outfit. You're eventually going to get to see him in either his rebel flight suit or whatever he wore when he fought Vader on Cloud City. Luke wore his black ROTJ outfit on Hoth early in the game, but one of the DLC packs eventually changed him to wear his Hoth gear. I assume the same thing will happen with Luke here.  

What do I care though? I never even played the game.  :shifty: