Star Wars Battlefront

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@DT85

No one says, the game is nasty. I would like to wait for the release, but @Grab makes a point: some things have already been confirmed, and won't be included in the new Battlefront. If this table is true, then the game lacks at least three aspects I liked in older versions.

To tell the truth, Battlefront I was just a start. No too many options, but still fun. It was Battlefront II, which was the pinnacle in the series. Perhaps it would be wise to ignore the first release and wait for newer Battlefront II (more likely, there will be DLC for prequels, EU, other stuff).

Merek likes this

It has more features, a mesh based collision system using a low quality, same goes for shadows. The game has bump mapping but I can't remember if it can do normal mapping.

The real problem with that game is that it doesn't have the modular drag and drop base folder editing that is unique to the Q3a engine, everything is compiled with the map essentially. You can't just spawn vehicles that don't have spawners in the map nor can you just drop a file in a folder to add a new unit to the spawn screen.

The engine was also heavily built around Softimage, the .MSH file format is very similar to dotXSI and preserves a LOT of the information. Any rigid bodies in the game are also modeled in Softimage then exported to the map editor which only does a basic height map based terrain.

BruceJohnJenner likes this

@@DT85 I say this game is crap now(crap is weak word). All EA can make is game with graphics only, people seeing good graphics will buy game rather. There is no gameplay in EA games, also look at list I put here, that game is 10% of BF2. There is no third Battlefront for me. I would like to slap every idiot from EA who said "we love Star Wars, making Star Wars game is honor for us" in face. I just wonder why EA people like byuing games for $60 then buying rest of game in parts for next $60. Funny is people were raging because Valve wanted to make payable mods, but no1 rage at EA because of shitty games. As I said, there is no third Battlefront for me because what EA(and Disney) do is spit in my face as Star Wars fan.

i read an article, that the developers went to Iceland to understand better, what Sullust could look like.

image_2.img_-e1430819153387.jpg

Yes, it's impressive. But if they are working on so many details and realism, I expect the same attention to Star Wars traditions.

From my experience, being pesimistic is better than being optimistic. If it turns out you were wrong, it's a good thing. If not, then at least you were right.

So yeah BF3 is gonna suck balls.

Jeff and Grab like this

Confirmation bias makes this slightly more complicated, given that we are more likely to search for and also more likely to find things that confirm our initial belief. So someone who believes a game will suck is going to be more likely to have a worse time with it, regardless of how good the game actually is, compared to someone who believes the game will be great.

I don't like what I hear about this game, though I did like seeing a Sullustan in the game. Is it enough to feel happy about the game? It is not.

Nevertheless I prefer to give any project a chance and see if it stands up to its title.

More recently they announced that AT-ST will be drivable in the game. Not big news though.

I'm just thankful for someone making a new Star Wars game. Besides The Force Unleashed 1 and 2 (which were both pretty mediocre) and The Old Republic, there hasn't been a new Star Wars game since 2005.

They announced that Battlefront won't have classes. Instead it will have a Call of Duty - like progression system. Also, there won't be Battlefield squads, instead there will be a buddy system like Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

So just to recap:

- No ironsights (or zoom feature)

- No 64v64

- No driveable AT-AT

- No space battles

- No classes

- No single player campaign

- No bots

- No LAN

- No prequel content.

So nope, still feel good about not preordering it. Considering how much content they've straight-up removed from BF2, I'm not going to buy it.

Grab and AshuraDX like this