EPVII Stormtrooper

still have quite a bit of pinching going on there, lemme see your topology might have some hints what you could change to reduce it

before going through the painful and boring process of handmoving vertices around until you recieve a clean, smooth surface

or you use this material trick to get rounded hard edges, simpyl subdivide using SG's for hard edges :

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71995

DT. likes this

still have quite a bit of pinching going on there, lemme see your topology might have some hints what you could change to reduce it

before going through the painful and boring process of handmoving vertices around until you recieve a clean, smooth surface

or you use this material trick to get rounded hard edges, simpyl subdivide using SG's for hard edges :

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71995

Yeah, it's using materials for hard edges atm and I did try SG's but it just doesn't look as nice. Detail on rounded objects always give me trouble. Thinking back, I probably should have started with a higher poly mesh as it's VERY low.

Detail on rounded objects always give me trouble. Thinking back, I probably should have started with a higher poly mesh as it's VERY low.

Start with a low cage so you have very little verts to move around, the subd modifier will smooth it out without artifacts. Once you have the base, collapse it with enough geo and then start detailing. Sometimes i simply build my topology with retopo tools on top of the collapsed base mesh (subdivided 2 or 3 times as needed). I start with the "seams" and then fill in the blanks, when comes time to split parts at the seams, chamfer "open" with a low value (can always go back to this step for biger gaps), throw on the shell modifier and turbosmooth. With the shell modifier you can use splines to bevel your edges sharper or smoother. Other times you can get away with the double smooth method and modifiers.

Yeah that's a pile of gibberish but i hope you understood some of it! XD

AshuraDX and DT. like this

Looks good, a few artifacts here and there but let's pretend its wear and tear! The smaller details could have been floaters, it's just faster and cuts down on glitches.

These parts are floaters:

ic2t5v.jpg

You have missed one detail.  The first two images have already been proven as legit, so you may want to look into this; the filter

stormtrooper-helmet-episode7.jpg

episode_7_stormtrooper_vector_by_gjoe_d7

I understood it's some sort of a filter built in both, the Clone- and Stormtrooper helmets.

trooperhelmets4607_hfold45.jpg

DT. likes this

I was actually talking about the circles joined together and that other one extruded just above. I'm just OCD about some of that stuff lol.

How would you make the circles joined together floaters seeing as they are inset?