Jeff's never ending WIP's

Message added by Circa

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

To everyone who reads this thread. I might just be tired from work, but from here on I'm not taking requests. I get home and have to answer posts, respond to PM's about this model or that model (some of which I never did nor care about). I'm probably not going to post anything as far as links or pics to download. It's for three reasons really

#1. Talented modelers (much better than myself) are getting annoyed by the ports and kit-bashes and I agree with them. They put a lot more time and effort into what they do and a lot of you take it for granted. So thanks too the few modelers we have left and I'm sorry if I contributed to the problem, that was never my intention.

#2 I'm just sick of the constant headache that comes from all of this. It's not anyone in particular but the sum of it all is too much.

#3 I'm going to attempt to model from scratch. Kit-bashing and porting have taught me the basics and now it's time to fail, fail again, and keep failing till I get it right

I actually read the above post and was unaware. I feel your ...annoyance. So that's why my request is not about Star Wars or another game. It's just to see what's cool. I can texture just fine. I just can't model very well. Please ignore the request as I like your current ideas.

I have a request that I have not seen yet. If we have a skin around like it, please point me in the right direction. I would like to see a character with shiny cybernetics exposed through the skin. I have seen real people with cybernetic tattoos and they look so rad. So if you have time.....please... since you seem to have built a population of new awesome skins...

JAWSFreelao likes this

Why I cry everytime I come to this thread:

To everyone who reads this thread. I might just be tired from work, but from here on I'm not taking requests. I get home and have to answer posts, respond to PM's about this model or that model (some of which I never did nor care about). I'm probably not going to post anything as far as links or pics to download. It's for three reasons really

#1. Talented modelers (much better than myself) are getting annoyed by the ports and kit-bashes and I agree with them. They put a lot more time and effort into what they do and a lot of you take it for granted. So thanks too the few modelers we have left and I'm sorry if I contributed to the problem, that was never my intention.

#2 I'm just sick of the constant headache that comes from all of this. It's not anyone in particular but the sum of it all is too much.

#3 I'm going to attempt to model from scratch. Kit-bashing and porting have taught me the basics and now it's time to fail, fail again, and keep failing till I get it right.

where's dat original stuff :(? All I see recently is more ports.

Why I cry everytime I come to this thread:

where's dat original stuff :(? All I see recently is more ports.

If @@Jeff has had similar success to me in mastering the art of modelling from scratch, then all his efforts must look like malformed gargoyles that are far too ugly to be allowed out in public view.

Yeah they look ugly to say the least and patience isn't my greatest skill. Plus my biggest issue is time, I don't have much of it with family, job, and other things. I'll get there at some point.

Yeah they look ugly to say the least and patience isn't my greatest skill. Plus my biggest issue is time, I don't have much of it with family, job, and other things. I'll get there at some point.

Aye, very much ditto for me too. I've amassed a whole bunch of really good-quality learning material and tutorial videos to guide me through 3D modelling but the sheer quantity of it is pretty formidable. And that's only to get good enough to the point where you can start practising to actually get good.

So for now I've put aside the gargoyles and spend the free time I do have on things like kitbashing or comic-making. Learning how to properly 3D model is still up there on my bucket list, but can't afford to make it an immediate priority right now.

One of the reasons I don't try my hand at even porting. Patience is my absolute WORST enemy.

Example: I'm trying to learn how to get better at Jedi Academy in general, like in multiplayer, and people keep trying to teach me, but I don't have the patience that comes along with it.

Jeff likes this
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...