Hi to everybody. Can anybody make an orray model ?

For animations you can use dewback because dewback animations are perfect for orray.

You must make the model with the saddle and also without it.

The first is for Geonosis mission, the second is wild orray.

If someone wants some textures (they must be adapted) you cand find them here together with two models (the first is .dae, also called COLLADA,and the second is an .obj file)  : http://www.filedropper.com/orrayfiles

But I suggest you to make the model yourself, you can make a better work than these models I found on the web. About textures, feel free yourself in choosing to make yourself textures (best way) or adapt the textures that I gave you. I have found this model on the internet : modello-3d-orray.jpg

It is very good, but I haven't found any way to ask for this model (I think that e-mail of the author is this stheerapol@hotmail.com but I'm not sure of this).Base yourself on this model to make your model as best you can do.For who doesn't know what's an orray here it is : 1000px-CVD_Orray.jpg

I need this model. It's very important for me because I need it for my mod.Thanks in advance to all people who wants to make this model.

PS: I hope you will publish it at soon on JKhub, but if you want, you can give me the link in a private message or in this forum.

@@Circa The main thing holding me back is that I already did the shark model for him :P

@Ëkvas, maybe if you showed a bit more of your own work, present your mod and so on, I'd feel better about giving it a try. I don't know what kind of things you're making for your own mod, but I'm guessing not too much mapping and modeling since you've requested help with both of those, and I mean, I doubt you'll be able to get others to do the main work of your mod, apart from occasional contributions.

However, if more people would want to see that creature in-game, it would be valuable practice for me, with no guarantees for its safety.

DT. likes this

I have not understood what you want to say. Do you want that I show you some images of my mod ? If it is so I'll show you they. However, as people think,my mod is good in representing the 6 films of the saga.I try to create a mod that picks up the best maps and the best models.Of course, I improve them. I work majorly on the menus (character menu, npc menu, maps menu). If you want other informations about my mod, ask me. However, if you can't make this model for me because you already gave me shark model, I'm sad.   I asked this model on the forum to obtain this model to give it to my brother, that wanted to play with this model and I was not able to make it for him. He likes shark model, but i prefered to ask on the forum for a model for my mod. I need help of who can make a good model, and I hope you'll do a good job.I don't understand why you couldn't or you wouldn't make this model for me. I'll respect copyright on the readme of my mod. I wait your answer, if you want other information I'm always here. Please reply me at soon and tell me if you want to make this model for me. In contrary case, I thank you however.

Yeah, I meant I'd like to see a proper presentation and introduction to your mod (maybe in another thread/forum). I didn't quite pick up the essence of it from what you mentioned. It would also probably help motivate people to help you, including myself.

However, I would enjoy giving it a try, and I probably will try, again with no guarantees for the outcome. My concern remains, to some extent, that other people would do most of the work for your mod, but until I know what your mod is, I don't know if that's the case.

But in any case, for anyone who'd pick up this request, some information on what role this model would have in your mod (vehicle/npc/where in the story it belongs/context) would be useful.

EDIT:

Wip:

orray1.png

Barricade24, Circa and AshuraDX like this

Here is a brief description of my mod :

Star Wars: The Complete Saga is a Jedi Academy mod. The quality of the models, maps, textures and other things is higher than the original game. The main menu is very simply and speed and allows you to open quickly the main functions of the game.  We added all the main characters of the 6 movies in a menu : you can select your favorite character and choose the map you want to load a new menu with all the sequel maps (53,all good and realistic) and bonus maps. There is also a fantastic npc menu with many features. You can load Jedi Academy missions with new models, new textures and new effects. The sequel missions are reproduced realistically, in very good details and with all original characters. At moment there are 9 languages available: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Turkish, Polish, Russian and Italian. The menu with weapons and lightsabers is very simple to use and there are new weapons and lightsabers, with new effects and new combat styles. The dismemberment mode is improved and the blood is more realistic. There are new animations and a new camera menu. The effects of force powers are really improved. To see preview images of the mod, visit our ModDB page

The orray model is very very very good  :)  :winkthumb:  :P  :D  :lol:  ;), congratulations !

You are doing an excellent work. I'm glad to see how people is very gentle to help other people in projects.

the description is not excellent, but that isn't important. The main point is the quality of the mod. And with your help it will be very better than before, also through the addition of one model. Answer me soon !

PS: when the model is complete and with skin, add dewback animations. If you haven't the animation file, I'll send it to you.

Boothand likes this

Here is a brief description of my mod :

Star Wars: The Complete Saga is a Jedi Academy mod. The quality of the models, maps, textures and other things is higher than the original game. The main menu is very simply and speed and allows you to open quickly the main functions of the game.  We added all the main characters of the 6 movies in a menu : you can select your favorite character and choose the map you want to load a new menu with all the sequel maps (53,all good and realistic) and bonus maps. There is also a fantastic npc menu with many features. You can load Jedi Academy missions with new models, new textures and new effects. The sequel missions are reproduced realistically, in very good details and with all original characters. At moment there are 9 languages available: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Turkish, Polish, Russian and Italian. The menu with weapons and lightsabers is very simple to use and there are new weapons and lightsabers, with new effects and new combat styles. The dismemberment mode is improved and the blood is more realistic. There are new animations and a new camera menu. The effects of force powers are really improved. To see preview images of the mod, visit our ModDB page

The orray model is very very very good  :)  :winkthumb:  :P  :D  :lol:  ;), congratulations !

You are doing an excellent work. I'm glad to see how people is very gentle to help other people in projects.

the description is not excellent, but that isn't important. The main point is the quality of the mod. And with your help it will be very better than before, also through the addition of one model. Answer me soon !

PS: when the model is complete and with skin, add dewback animations. If you haven't the animation file, I'll send it to you.

So basically KotF, but you're making the content yourself instead of stealing it?  Cool. :D

JKG Developer

I'm happy that I'm putting on this mod the correct things that serve for creating a mod with so many things that the other mods don't have. Even if at moment I'm making saves on my mod because I can't make cinematics,

I don't think that my mod is useless. Some people doesn't think so and,told by others, I'm doing a good work with menus and in the gathering of the materials (above all, models) for my mod. For my young age I believe that it's already satisfactory, even if in the future I'll do more. I haven't told that I'm young to anybody because I believed that people would have abandoned me and my mod, and who was be able to help me, would haven't done it saying that it is waste of time. I tell you that I'm acquiring many skills and I'll acquire more in the making of the mod. If we unite us with many people, we will succeed in creating the best mod in single player mode for jedi academy, with all the tapes(like in Movie Duels 2), maps and models ever seen before and with all we have always desired to see on a mod. Instead in some mods there are things that there aren't in other mods vice versa; but uniting so many ideas and projects, the result will be explosive. This is guaranteed. If you help me the mod will be awesome. Therefore I'd like the help of all who would to collaborate in adding cinematics, making models and maps, and if someone has some personal projects that he hadn't already published,or he haven't already made them, and he's helpful in help me, you will receive very very special thanks from my heart and, of course, in the readme. Remember that I don't steal files, I RESPECT copyright. Please don't say that I steal things, I just want to make the best jedi academy single player mod, and I think that it isn't impossible with the help of special people that have a lot of experience. Thanks to everybody for have read this comment, I'm sure that a lot of people have understood that I'm a honest boy that only wants to achieve his dream.

This is what I've more or less ended up with as the sculpt, before adding eyes, teeth and a saddle separately, however changes can still be made. The sculpt serves to make a good looking diffuse map as well as a normal map for rend2.

Screenshot%202014-06-27%2020.31.02.png

Before I make the UV maps though, I need to know which subdivision level I should reasonably proceed with, to make the best out of FPS while having a functional normal map. Any suggestions, @@Psyk0Sith perhaps? (also feel free to point out other imperfections)

Current lowest subdivision level:

lowestOrray.png

Next subdivision level:

highestOrray.png

• 2 weeks later...

Boothand how does the work on the model go ? I hope you have not abandoned it ,I think this because you haven't posted anymore any messages on this topic about your orray project. I hope you'll continue it, I'm waiting for this model from a lot of time, and I need it before the last week of July because I have to make the Geonosis Arena mission. Reply me soon !

I've changed the feet a bit, hopefully they look less like human feet now.

betterFeetOrray.png

The next step is to remove excessive edge loops from the 1st subdivision level (the closest one on the last picture I posted). Then UV mapping, texturing and rigging. I don't know how to use another vehicle/npc's animations, and I doubt that will work since I'm using my own skeleton proportions. So the last step will be animating, with my limited experience. But I'll give it a try.

I'll be gone a few days on a quick trip to Belgium, should be back Tuesday/Wednesday (the 15th/16th). Won't be able to do more before that.

I've unwrapped the model, although the order of things suggest I weight the model to the skeleton before I finish up UV mapping, which lets me texture it. The reason is because I need to segment my model into different parts, and each segment needs its own UV map. However, it's a benefit to weight the model in one piece so that should be next up.

Before I go ahead, @Ëkvas wanted me to use animations from the Dewback, but even if it's possible to import its skeleton + tags (I don't know? Anyone?), the proportions are unlikely to line up. If the difference is small enough, I might be able to stretch it to fit, if I can cooperate enough with Mudbox.

If not, I'll have to rig and animate this myself, and it might look weird due to inexperience. Worst case scenario I learn a little more though.

JAWSFreelao likes this

I'm back and able to work on this again, but I'm still a bit in limbo regarding what I wrote in my last post about the skeleton.

First of all, where is the Dewback? I really prefer to use it only if it was base. If it's made by another modder, I feel less fine about using those animations (unless I know him/her from here). Then again, only a small chance it's possible to even do so.

In the case of using it, I seem to recall GLM import didn't import the skeleton?

@@DT85 What do you suggest? :)

Texturing/UV mapping issues:

I have unwrapped the model, and the UVs are in the same modifier. I will need to segment bodyparts to get under the vertex limit + give them their own UV map. But if I re-exported the segmented mesh back to Mudbox, it would probably no longer recognize it as the same model, and I'd lose the higher subdivision levels necessary for texturing + normal map. There's a chance it's possible to transfer the sculpt details, but my laptop actually can't take the load. The texturing will be done in Mudbox, and it requires proper UVs for that. But I don't know how to do that when not using one map for all of it.

I had originally edited the low poly model and removed many loops, but for the same reason as above, I'm using the unaltered low poly version, in fear of losing the sculpt which I need for texturing and normal mapping.

I would suggest just importing the .xsi source file, but I'm guessing it doesn't have one. So, you'll need to use Noesis to convert the GLM to FBX. I haven't tried this though. I personally would just make my own skeleton + animations, less pain in the ass imo lol. :P

Boothand likes this
  • 2 weeks later...