NpcSP (V2 Testers Needed!)

I see a Surrender command, which is set to unlikely. Does that affect, how NPCs act when they are pushed, deprived of their weapons and/or have small health? 

usually they stand in front of you with their hands up, and sometimes try to run away from you. What do they do, when surrender is set to unlikely?

therfiles likes this

@@NumberWan: In a nutshell, that's what I'm going for. I'm not a coder, so I don't know the specifics of the command, but unlikely sets g_surrender (?) to 0, which is the default. This means that they wont ever surrender, really, when they have no weapon or are outnumbered. When set to moderate, or likely, the the npcs surrender much more easily, dropping their weapon and raising their hands. I think it's a bit overboard, so that's why I included moderate and likely, however, I really don't know how the cvar works (level wise) so I can't be sure as to how likely it really is.

h36j.jpg

little concept ide I came up with for jkg some time ago. But it didnt fit int to the game at all

So if you want something like this I can give you the files for it :-)

It's not that it didn't fit, it's more like, we just didn't have time to work on it in light of more important things.

Wouldn't a scrolling list of npcs work better/fit better on the screen then just a massive list spanning multiple columns?

therfiles likes this

JKG Developer

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all of your feedback guys! I caught a few bugs and released v1.1 today!

I also added custom npc spawning! This allows you to add your own npcs (lets say a Darth Maul npc you downloaded, or a cool stormtrooper npc you made) to the menu. Observe:

customNpcs_Demonstration.PNG

You can add up to 12 custom NPCs, and the menu will automatically hide any entrys you aren't using!

Circa, Onysfx, Omicron and 1 other like this

@@Omicron: Sorry bro!

So progress on V2 is very exciting! Just got the system up and running in a bare bones sort of way today. You can now spawn an NPC with any weapon you like. For instance, I've been spawning Jedi npcs with Tusken Raider Rifles. Can't wait to expand on the concept and get it to work!

If anyone is having any trouble getting 1.1 to work, please PM me! I'd love to help! I'll probably also need some beta testers for V2...if you are interested, please respond to this thread! Thanks so much!

Bek, Boothand and Omicron like this

Um I use mp/ffa1 for all testing, it's kinda freaky actually. I have the command devmap mp/ffa1 embroiled in my mind and I can type it and execute it before the game even starts lol. I'd love to support MP, and maybe I can adapt it for MP in a basic way (only the spawn commands are available, no way to kill, control, or player model) and you can't run scripts so Advanced mode won't work. That's why it's NpcSP because SP has a lot more flexibility when it comes to incorporating ICARUS and doing NPC stuff with console commands. I could make a NpcMP though...poke me when V2 is done.

I'm working really hard and my goal is to have v2 out next week before school starts, so I can finish while I still have time and motivation. :D

Implemented Primary and Secondary weapon support today. This allows the NPC to use two weapons. He/She will use the Primary weapon, but when startled, hurt, or when a victory is achieved, the NPC will take a 1/3 chance to switch to Secondary, and then a 1/3 to go back. It's pretty awesome. It just adds a whole new demention to the battle.

Circa and DarthStiv like this
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey friendos! Version 2 is finally upon us and I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me test it out. This version is incredibly complex with so many moving parts (thousands of lines of UI and scripting code) and I would love this launch to go smoothly. Please reply here or feel free to hit me up with a PM if you are interested!  :winkthumb:

Lancelot likes this

Hey friendos! Version 2 is finally upon us and I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me test it out. This version is incredibly complex with so many moving parts (thousands of lines of UI and scripting code) and I would love this launch to go smoothly. Please reply here or feel free to hit me up with a PM if you are interested!  :winkthumb:

image.png

therfiles and Onysfx like this