[Map] Starship

Are you going to replace some textures, it looks a little base jka-ish?

You're not the first to have brought up using the Base textures! Personally, I don't have any gripes with the bulk of them. But I know that there're far better ones out there and not everybody likes them. When I'm done, I'll likely start nit-picking and replace a fair portion of the textures, as well as fix the lighting, which is constantly changing at the moment whilst I work on it. I find it far easier to build and then find a texture rather than vice versa.

Very nice man. My only criticisms are that the railing on the staircase looks a little bit too 2013 for me, and that perhaps you could go with more verts on the doors to make those circular entryways smoother.

Make this one:

tzzKXL3.jpg

ill make that next. i just spoke with ashura and told him iid prolly do like 5 or 6 decent chairs cuz i see posts all the time and maps that all have the same chairs, or need new ones. so cool right on ill do that one next. hey i got that chair modelled, uv mapped, and got the islands all seperated and grouped together nicly... but i rilly dont wanna texture it right now, so if yer in a rush, i can send u the md3, and uvmap (i got it 2048 right now just for turds n giggles) so either u texture it, or gimme a while. ill still need that path tho

ill make that next. i just spoke with ashura and told him iid prolly do like 5 or 6 decent chairs cuz i see posts all the time and maps that all have the same chairs, or need new ones. so cool right on ill do that one next. hey i got that chair modelled, uv mapped, and got the islands all seperated and grouped together nicly... but i rilly dont wanna texture it right now, so if yer in a rush, i can send u the md3, and uvmap (i got it 2048 right now just for turds n giggles) so either u texture it, or gimme a while. ill still need that path tho

models/map_objects/mag_starship/cockpit_chair.md3 ?  :)

If you are taking a swing at the actual seats from the screenshots Milamber posted, I'm very happy to wait for those as an alternative, as they're  the original source I'm loosely basing everything else on.

it could prolly use a decent reskin but heres what i got so far

cl09.jpg
some ingames

dxgf.jpg

its a bit thin in these ingame pics because i just copied an existing model and changed the directory in radiant, and forgot to reset the scaling my blunder. its a bit wider more like the pics above the ingame but im sure u get the idea

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2nipf9

feel free to do whatever with it. no credits needed

it doesnt have any shaders or a very decent texture but is an easy fix

Futuza, Unifermius and therfiles like this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...