[Map] Starship

Sweet map, I love the old republic, any chance you could get a proper escape pod working which ejects you to your death?

That's... probably do-able. I had to shelve it as I was busy with other commitments, but I do intend to open it back up again soon and expand it whilst polishing what's already there. Not a bad suggestion, I can give it a go. I was hoping for functioning escape pods.

That's... probably do-able. I had to shelve it as I was busy with other commitments, but I do intend to open it back up again soon and expand it whilst polishing what's already there. Not a bad suggestion, I can give it a go. I was hoping for functioning escape pods.

Shouldn't be too hard to do, kind of interested to see how you implement that.

JKG Developer

Shouldn't be too hard to do, kind of interested to see how you implement that.

Essential you can do what Szico did in one of his older midgar maps with the train, where you have the escape pod go into it, activate a button which shuts/locks the door and then that person gets teleported to a object outside somewhere with a window including a moving background of space or something, you don't need to have windows.

Essential you can do what Szico did in one of his older midgar maps with the train, where you have the escape pod go into it, activate a button which shuts/locks the door and then that person gets teleported to a object outside somewhere with a window including a moving background of space or something, you don't need to have windows.

That's what I was kind of thinking except...what happens when someone tries to open up the escape pod with someone already in it?  They fall into the vacuum of space and die?

JKG Developer

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I was kind of thinking except...what happens when someone tries to open up the escape pod with someone already in it?  They fall into the vacuum of space and die?

Well you could do this, i've only seen this done in one of Jenova's maps back in the day but, you could have it so the person who can't escape is teleported to another room with a space background ambience, and there is a mechanic implace that force chokes you out

Sort of like a boxed room below

|              |                    |

|    NPC      PLAYER    |

|_______|__________|

One invisable box with a NPC doing infinate choke and an invisable wall so the player can't kill aid NPC or see it. 

With a space background.

• 1 year later...