What's the biggest, most open map you can think of?

Naboo Hills is a big one, but a bit empty.

As mentioned above, midgar, atlantica, 

rpg_wayland Big map with a nice town

ssid_mos_espa_outskirts is a big tatooine town.

rpg_rift is basically t3_rift with a city built in it.

taris_rp isn't super big per say, but it was a lot of places to visit.

bdc_racing pretty big.

TheWhitePhoenix and Smoo like this

azloc 3 capital (as already mentioned);

ord mandell rp (was it called like that? :huh:)

some clan map in a rift setting, rift academy, i think it was called (you know, the huge cave where you had to close a jedi's grave before the disciples could drain it's force energy)

korriban sith academy (one of, it also featured access to the valley of the dark lords, or at least partially)

and of course a ton of sithjcul's maps :D

But does anyone play any of these on actual servers these days? I remember years ago when I could discover new and awesome maps while playing with others...seems like those days are gone now. I would love to be proven wrong though.

yeah and on Shadow Order, Phantom Academy and others

The reactor? Not just the exhaust port, as would be the Deathstar Trench map?

Yes, the reactor. Without a lie, it was not a beautiful map... but sure a HUGE one. A lot of fun to play, doing g_speed 5000 in SP, racing swoops with stormies and flying X-WING or TIE-FIGHTER.

Good ol' times :|

Jedi Academy will never be replaced.

Jeff likes this

I looked those up...both said they had 0 players, and both were running the standard ffa3 map. Are there certain times when these servers are likely to be populated and playing an interesting map?

you can callvote on shadow order and i think u can on phantom academy too, not too sure. you can also check out my DE server has bunch of maps too and callvote enabled

• 4 weeks later...

I had an old clan mate who made Star Wars battlefront back in the days. It was a horrible map (flat, one big brush, but over the complete size of radiant, and adding here and there some mountains and having tons of vehicles) but it was the biggest map i seen. Because it was so big, you couldn't see beyond a certain point and crossing the map in a tie-fighter or x-wing took 2 or 3 minutes, which become really boring at some point.