The License of the modification on the Jkhub and outside Our site

He's basically asking if there is a way for him and other modders to be properly credited in the description of Dash's video. I'm not sure if there is ever been a policy needed officially regarding content in videos. My best advice in this case would be to either post a comment or send a message to Dash and ask him to include the proper credits in the description.

Langerd likes this

Well i am not looking only on my situation. If someone make a video with the modification - giving the names of the authors .. i think it would be nice to see them there... I am not calling Dash about anythng. Modding is modding. I sent the file for People to play with. 

The problem is with the rights for the maps, files and my work. I think it is not the same situation as uploading the art on the special site, blog or even making something with the proper license. 8-10 years ago when i saw the map, modifaction or even small skin - i was looking at the authors name because i felt it is in some way a tribute to them. Living Dead Jedi , Sjc for example are modders that made me start mapping. 

I am just a little afraid about the future staff.. if someone with big amount of money will take my project (even if it is a mod) , gain a lot of fans and good ratings and he will license it that it is his work from scratch i cant do shiet...

He never once claims ownership of the mod, and in fact says "major props to the author of this mod," etc. He puts a link to the mod in the description. I mean, he could have put your name in the description or the video itself, but other than that, he gives you a free promotional video for your mod basically. He doesn't show all the gameplay, just hits the highlights of his own playthrough, so not everything is spoiled. If it were my mod, I'd be grateful for what he did, personally.

I'm not quite sure what the issue is - he has a link to the mod in his YouTube description, so it's not like he is claiming to have made it? Unless he says otherwise in the video itself, I admit I didn't watch it all.

The problem is that there's a typo in the description, it says 'Check out my the mod - https://jkhub.org/files/file/3217-clo... '. Someone could easily interpret that as if he's claiming ownership of the mod. Langerd should PM him to fix it so it says 'Check out the mod'

I like how it's done in most Skyrim mod reviews, in which the mod is presented along with the name of the creator of it. However, I think that's up to the video uploader and his presentation, I think it's completely okay if he just writes in the description the acknowledgement to the mod creator. 

I can try messaging him on Twitter to see if he can fix the typo at least.

Listen!! I dont want to be nit-picky too much ;P 

I just gave my opinion on that! It just gave me feeling like this situation:

You are watching the jk3 gameplay and You see the player model that You have never seen before. So You ask the author of the movie:

-Where did You get that model?

and author of the video answers like this

-Here! <Gives us link> this is a Lobot model made by Psych0Sith. Enjoy

Just a little tribute to the authors . I rly dont want to be called a prick or dickhead... I Rly enjoyed that video!! It is amazing work by Dash and i rly appreciate what he done! 

Many thanks You All for Your comments.

Listen!! I dont want to be nit-picky too much ;P 

I just gave my opinion on that! It just gave me feeling like this situation:

You are watching the jk3 gameplay and You see the player model that You have never seen before. So You ask the author of the movie:

-Where did You get that model?

and author of the video answers like this

-Here! this is a Lobot model made by Psych0Sith. Enjoy

Just a little tribute to the authors . I rly dont want to be called a prick or dickhead... I Rly enjoyed that video!! It is amazing work by Dash and i rly appreciate what he done! 

Many thanks You All for Your comments.

I mean, you made a public thread about it. I'm sure that means you were wanting people to know about the situation. :P It's understandable, not a bad thing at all.

He replied and said he will fix it. :)

Langerd and TheWhitePhoenix like this

@@Langerd Sadly this is what the internet does to content when it's released in the wild. I gave permission to have eg-5 ported to garry's mod and the person who did the porting is getting all the credits on steam, which is not his fault, people assume its his work, they could care less about reading credits, they just want the end product.

Langerd likes this