Secret Santa 2016

Circa

Posted Image

It's that time of year again! The holidays! Every year we try to put on some kind of event related to Christmas, since that's the majority of what people celebrate around here. If you celebrate something else, you can still get into the spirit of giving by participating in this year's holiday event!

Secret Santa is back!
We've done a Secret Santa event in the past (maybe a couple times?) and it went well, so we're trying it again this year! If you're unfamiliar with how Secret Santa works, basically you get the name of a person participating and you must create a mod or graphic of some kind for that person. They can choose to provide a list of items they want, and you can choose to make something from that list or not. Some more details below.

The rules
  • You must be a registered member.
  • You must be able to create a mod in JKA or JK2 of some kind or a graphic (signature, wallpaper, etc), even if it's something really simple.
  • You must sign up, by sending a PM to the Secret Santa account, saying you're participating and/or a list of what you want.
  • You must have the time and motivation to complete your gift on time.
  • You must sign up by December 1st.
  • You will receive a PM from that same account containing the person and their list, on December 2nd.
  • You will have until December 23rd to submit your gifts to the Secret Santa account via PM, once again.
  • You will receive your gift on Christmas Day, December 25th.
What should you ask for?
It's better to make a list of simple things that people can make, not things that you've been spamming the requests forum with. If you put "make me JK4" or "i just want rend2" obviously that won't happen. Here are some examples:
  • a forum avatar or signature
  • a mod of Rosh saying everything backwards
  • a JKA-related wallpaper
  • a giant toothbrush saber model
  • a mod that replaces the chat icon with a Christmas wreath
  • a simple code mod
What should you NOT ask for?
  • JK4 (seriously people...)
  • rend2
  • a new playermodel of some character
  • a huge map (small maps might be okay, depends)
  • some kind of mod that involves heavy coding
  • a mod that makes "Circa" replace every mention of "Rosh"
Bottom line: don't ask for something that would take months or years to make. If you don't have time to make something elaborate, your secret santa won't either.

If you fail to make your gift, you force the staff to scrounge up something last-minute, which isn't cool, so please make sure to make something. Also, no physical or monetary gifts or address exchanging for this. Mods and graphics only.

And again: you can only participate if you can create a gift too. If you can't you will be denied entry into the Santa zone. :P

That should cover it, so if you're up for it, sign up and get your list in! :santa:

Click here to view the article
Bek, Futuza, Caelum and 4 others like this

In all seriousness though, I am pretty picky about the stuff I want so I'll probably sit this one out.

Well i think the mindset for everyone should not be "what can someone make or not make for me" but rather "what can i make for others?"

Thats kinda the whole point of this event, is to just have fun with it and not request things you'd normally put in the request section. You dont have to make a list, but instead wait to see what someone comes up with for you.

what about... jkhub giving something to all of the jedi knight community? with that said, it'd be unfair if I wouldn't offer my support in this. I'd work on it too. @@Circa?

What would they give?  Also JKHub is just made from the Jedi Knight Community...so...it'd be more of a collaborate effort than anything.

JKG Developer

I must say I think the White Elephant is a bit more fun, cuz lol random stuff.

A LUMP OF COAL FOR YOU, SIR.

LumpOfCoal.png

On that note, Secret Santas have been assigned! Good luck to those creating gifts. Remember to get them in to the Secret Santa account by December 23rd. Just reply to that PM. Try to keep who you have  and what you're making a secret! 

If you want more info from the person you're making it for, PM Santa and he will ask for you. :)

Smoo, the_raven, Caelum and 3 others like this
  • 3 weeks later...

t0HwyAB.png

Hello and Merry Christmas and happy holidays! Everyone got their gifts in, and they have been distributed! Good job all, there was some really cool stuff made. I also apologize to those that asked for more info regarding their person. I completely forgot to check the account periodically.

Remember, if you want to release your gift publicly, make sure you ask the person you made it for first. At the very least, perhaps some pictures could suffice too. We'd love to see some of those creations!

Hope ya'll had a great weekend.

AlwupEV.gifseZcwJS.pngAlwupEV.gif

Smoo, Stoiss, Ramikad and 3 others like this