Diary of a mad man

Message added by AshuraDX

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

Tired. The problem is the neck/chest area. Most heads don't include that area, including the default game heads, so I used 3 different parts to cover it, and although the differences is not too much, it still doesn't looks 100% fine, especially with the in-game heads.

See 

https://jkhub.org/topic/8053-diary-of-a-mad-man/page-1?do=findComment&comment=123191

https://jkhub.org/topic/8053-diary-of-a-mad-man/page-5?do=findComment&comment=125164

Yeah, makes sense. Having said that, though. That Luke in Hoth gear would work REALLY well as the default skin for Jaden, when he's on the Hoth level. The overall buffness and visual accuracy of the model looks great. Especially considering the base game version is really "flat" looking.

I guess you could maybe try and throw that model together and see how it comes out.. What d'ya reckon?

Tried to make a "red suit" but I am terrible at textures.

DC1VPJH.jpgCredits

Barricade24 - Imperial Gunner 2.0
Jeff - Lando Smuggler Outfit

NQLVlHv.jpg

Based on

81796.jpg.square-true_maxheight-285_size

Credits

Jolly - Improved Luke Skywalker - Pilot Outfit 1.0
Scerendo - Poe Dameron - Life Support "pipes"

EVoND1A.jpg

Worked a little bit more on the textures and submitted it for approval. I still don't like the textures. I might come back to it and try something different.

siXFmaK.jpg

Tompa9 and swegmaster like this

Worked a little bit more on the textures and submitted it for approval. I still don't like the textures. I might come back to it and try something different.

siXFmaK.jpg

I have waited so long for this mate, God bless you ! :)

I am not a big fan of Nien Nunb and as I've said a few times, I am terrible with texture, so I can't get too inspired too much on it but I know people around has asked and I was curious how it could be done as he was a crucial character so I tried my best.

Still, I don't like how it came out (I can't compare my skills to Jeff, Kualan, Seven, etc.) so I am thinking on better ways to do it (have a few ideas already in mind) but is not in my priority list.

yeyo JK and JAWSFreelao like this

Thanks @@swegmaster! Got the approvals.. Was fixing the holster to better fit the new blaster mesh. Also was going crazy trying to figure out why it was always walking/running (a little bit) in the air. Seems was the map I was using for testing. I tested 2 other maps and it walks/runs on the ground as it should. I am tweaking/fine tuning/removing unnecessary meshes. It will be ready when is ready. Demanding on capital letters will don't get it ready sooner.

LOL 

I thought it's finished that's all
And the capital letters is because my keyboard was defective LOL LOL LOL

That Luke in Hoth gear would work REALLY well as the default skin for Jaden, when he's on the Hoth level. The overall buffness and visual accuracy of the model looks great. Especially considering the base game version is really "flat" looking.

I guess you could maybe try and throw that model together and see how it comes out.. What d'ya reckon?

That is a lot of work for a simple mission. The entire model will have to be inserted into every single player models (who know which model the user will choose, human, rodian, etc.). Structures re-assigned, skins, created, old skins modified, etc.  Plus the model is based on Seven's"ESB Pilot Luke" which I don't have permission (at least at this moment) to share.

General Howard likes this

OK, in order to practice more and learn how to deal with different issues, I tried another mesh that gave me a lot of grief in the past. Another mesh that keeps giving me the "uv seam found split meshes at uv seams". 

Normally I try this and it fixes it but this time was not the case.

https://jkhub.org/topic/8804-uv-seam-found-split-meshes-at-uv-seams/?do=findComment&comment=126199

I also tried this 

https://jkhub.org/topic/8009-assistance-needed-for-blender/?do=findComment&comment=115632

But I don't know what I did wrong (guess same thing as the last time), and the num. of verts turned in over 4K, practically had to turn the mesh into a jigsaw puzzle, but it "worked" and was able to export the model.....or so I thought. The model looked fine in Blender and in Character selection menu

iVltErV.png

But in game...

kicM7eK.jpg

I kept trying and trying until finally I got it (still trying to figure out what exactly I did different).

Now I have a different problem...The textures are kind of invisible from certain angles

MCogQMI.jpg

unless I use a shader and set it as "twosided", but then it looks kind of "waxy"

aZcpT2w.jpgmpghlfM.jpg

Any ideas where I went wrong?

PS: The hair that comes with the mesh is horrible so I used the air from @Elek Andor's version.

Penekowski likes this

OK, in order to practice more and learn how to deal with different issues, I tried another mesh that gave me a lot of grief in the past. Another mesh that keeps giving me the "uv seam found split meshes at uv seams". 

Normally I try this and it fixes it but this time was not the case.

https://jkhub.org/topic/8804-uv-seam-found-split-meshes-at-uv-seams/?do=findComment&comment=126199

I also tried this 

https://jkhub.org/topic/8009-assistance-needed-for-blender/?do=findComment&comment=115632

But I don't know what I did wrong (guess same thing as the last time), and the num. of verts turned in over 4K, practically had to turn the mesh into a jigsaw puzzle, but it "worked" and was able to export the model.....or so I thought. The model looked fine in Blender and in Character selection menu

iVltErV.png

But in game...

kicM7eK.jpg

I kept trying and trying until finally I got it (still trying to figure out what exactly I did different).

Now I have a different problem...The textures are kind of invisible from certain angles

MCogQMI.jpg

unless I use a shader and set it as "twosided", but then it looks kind of "waxy"

aZcpT2w.jpgmpghlfM.jpg

Any ideas where I went wrong?

PS: The hair that comes with the mesh is horrible so I used the air from @Elek Andor's version.

The blocky face in the second image seems to be caused by a high amount of UV splitting and seams. I'm surprised it works at all. Removing all duplicate vertexes (there's a specific Blender command in Edit Mode for that) as well as properly UVmapping it should fix it.

As for the third image, that happens when the vertex or face normals are flipped: in other words, that basically tells the game that the mesh points to the inside, and should be rendered as if it was meant to be seen from within, so only displayed inside and not outside. I'm not sure if there's an easy fix for that, because Blender can easily flip the normals (either manually, or using the Recalculate Inside / Outside commands), but the times I've tried it never really seemed to go well, so I'm not sure if that simply doesn't work or if I've been doing it wrong.

The Punisher and Penekowski like this

The blocky face in the second image seems to be caused by a high amount of UV splitting and seams. I'm surprised it works at all. Removing all duplicate vertexes (there's a specific Blender command in Edit Mode for that) as well as properly UVmapping it should fix it.

As for the third image, that happens when the vertex or face normals are flipped: in other words, that basically tells the game that the mesh points to the inside, and should be rendered as if it was meant to be seen from within, so only displayed inside and not outside. I'm not sure if there's an easy fix for that, because Blender can easily flip the normals (either manually, or using the Recalculate Inside / Outside commands), but the times I've tried it never really seemed to go well, so I'm not sure if that simply doesn't work or if I've been doing it wrong.

Thanks for the feedback. I will google it and see if I find more info. In the mean time, is anyone has more info on the fix, please let me know.

@@Ramikad

I think I got it. Not sure if is the right way but I used "Normalize" (Ctrl + N while on Edit mode and made sure "Inside" is unchecked). That seems to fix it...most of it. There were still small patches looking a little bit weird but the shader fixed that.

Also, in Edit mode, you can select Shading/UV Tab and click "Flip Direction" 

fbjCMo9.png

@@Ramikad

I think I got it. Not sure if is the right way but I used "Normalize" (Ctrl + N while on Edit mode and made sure "Inside" is unchecked). That seems to fix it...most of it. There were still small patches looking a little bit weird but the shader fixed that.

Also, in Edit mode, you can select Shading/UV Tab and click "Flip Direction"

fbjCMo9.png

The Shader does not fix the issue, it hides it by rendering all faces/tris as doublesided which decreases performance for the model.

Your version of luke doesn't seem to match the JKHub file. There is no hilt on the belt, and theres 3 bugged LODs on luke that prevent him from opening in modview.

Darn...Seems I messed up during the cleanup. I restored the previous version, cleaned up again and re-submitted the update.

I am not sure what happened to the pilot version of Nien Nunb. 

Not sure what's wrong with Nien nunb. I opened different versions of the pilot body (Jeff's Pilot Luke, Pilot Quarren and Pilot Keyan Farlander). As soon as I add the Nien Nunb head (working fine on the regular model), it stops working in ModView.

So far

• The model without the head opens fine.
  • The head on the regular model opens fine.
  • The combination of both doesn't works.

Not sure what's wrong with Nien nunb. I opened different versions of the pilot body (Jeff's Pilot Luke, Pilot Quarren and Pilot Keyan Farlander). As soon as I add the Nien Nunb head (working fine on the regular model), it stops working in ModView.

So far

• The model without the head opens fine.
  • The head on the regular model opens fine.
  • The combination of both doesn't works.

There's 2 head tags parented to the wrong object. I reparented them to the head and it worked

Tompa9 and The Punisher like this