Looking for mappers

I am enougn okay with radiant.

The baddest problem for me are the patches (never really understand how they works) and the fact you cannot see the terrains textures without a debuilded version of your map only for see these damn texture. if i am doing a terrain i need to see where is the rock and the ground for correctly place MD3 of buildings or trees.

Sure is long and frustrating making a map on radiant without any experience of how work this problem.

i suggest to use MD3 and ASE models for buildings and every objects you need to place and use brushes just for the walls, floors, doors, and ceiling of indoor maps. 

the pain in the ass for me is the fact MD3 autoclipping spawnflag generate some stupid tons of triangle clippers, thats should be really improved in some new version of radiant.

if should be possible placing misc_model objects with solid spawnflag without worry about the generating of a large amount of structural shit into the map, sure make mapping on radiant will be 100 time faster.

another troubles is the waypoitings system. but not just for that, but for the fact that JKA NPC are so dumbs in the following of waypoints.

i worked for darth sion project and i pass 3 days to put waypoints on coruscant map.

it's an Hellish work, man! >.<

why not make just simply a brush of autonavigation for the NPC, that can be placed like the fog brush? .-. 

the problem of radiant is that is not much user friendly to use. too much tecnical.

but as program itself it's pretty fine.

is just a problem of concept and how works the entities.

zOrg likes this

I am enougn okay with radiant.

The baddest problem for me are the patches (never really understand how they works) and the fact you cannot see the terrains textures without a debuilded version of your map only for see these damn texture. if i am doing a terrain i need to see where is the rock and the ground for correctly place MD3 of buildings or trees.

Sure is long and frustrating making a map on radiant without any experience of how work this problem.

i suggest to use MD3 and ASE models for buildings and every objects you need to place and use brushes just for the walls, floors, doors, and ceiling of indoor maps. 

the pain in the ass for me is the fact MD3 autoclipping spawnflag generate some stupid tons of triangle clippers, thats should be really improved in some new version of radiant.

if should be possible placing misc_model objects with solid spawnflag without worry about the generating of a large amount of structural shit into the map, sure make mapping on radiant will be 100 time faster.

another troubles is the waypoitings system. but not just for that, but for the fact that JKA NPC are so dumbs in the following of waypoints.

i worked for darth sion project and i pass 3 days to put waypoints on coruscant map.

it's an Hellish work, man! >.<

why not make just simply a brush of autonavigation for the NPC, that can be placed like the fog brush? .-. 

the problem of radiant is that is not much user friendly to use. too much tecnical.

but as program itself it's pretty fine.

is just a problem of concept and how works the entities.

You forgot to mention VIS. It's a nightmare when creating larger and complex maps. Heck, I wish I could simply spam antiportals all over.

You forgot to mention VIS. It's a nightmare when creating larger and complex maps. Heck, I wish I could simply spam antiportals all over.

Totally honest...  VIS is a nightmare so big during the build process that i not use it. i skip the vis step. I use culldistance in the worldspawn. .-.

i see maps works fine also without VIS, with meta and light build.

about the thread: i am sorry, but i cannot help for this project. make maps is long, difficult and i get heal problems. .-.

i got serious difficult also to help darth sion. >.<

for making maps, basically i simply build a terrain, i place md3 prefabs of buildings, clippers, triggers, waypoints, entities, scripts. done.

i hate the brushes >.<  i use just for interactive funcs entities.

i admit i am not good skilled for mapping. not for brush works, i can create an hall with some rooms, or a cave using cave prefabs, or a little maze, but nothing of complex with tons of brush and patches.

@@GPChannel, do you need anymore base maps converted to .map?

Yes all the maps :)

aaaand don't worry i didn't forget about you, i will continue the DF2 icons and Yun :)

The first tries of recreate the maps :)

1. Academy1

Luke will speak to the young jedis outside not in the main hall :)

It is WIP guys don't worry :)

ajwfbt.jpg

35laf5s.jpg

2i8houo.jpg

I will do more detail,i will do more light etc. :)

But for the first try i think it is not bad :)

zOrg and Śăļvõö like this

If Radiant is bad then the Unreal Editor is simply evil. It's concepts and editor controls come from different planet. Sure there are no leaks there, that's 'cos you're like constantly carving chunks out of the invisible cube, like substracting and such, to make place for floors, walls, terrain etc. I prefer Radiant, where you start with an open field and then you just... build!

The only good thing in UE is some pre-made macros - like creating staircases and other shapes in seconds.

We need more Maya tools, it's now the top dog of 3d, used more than all the others combined it seems.

True... but we seem to have almost no Maya users in this community. I will put recompiling the MD3, MAP, and XSI exporterters for Maya 2012 on my ToDo List... but it will be awhile.