Clone trooper Phase 2 armor

I just created this account to ask if you're planning on working on the model some more or is it a final version? It's one of the most detailed models this game have ever recived and its the one i've been looking forward the most all this time, but I just can't stop and feel like the Helmet is a little off on the front.

Also goddang, that rifle looking sexy

I don't blame, you did an amazing job nevertheless.

In any case, if you ever feel like changing your mind the most noticable grip is the headshape being too eggish.

ohwell.jpg

Seems you know what you're doing. Why not do some modelling work?

Seems you know what you're doing. Why not do some modelling work?

I actually did some modeling work years ago, mostly player remodels including a frankenstain clonetrooper (different parts from different authors), I also created the clone blaster that's currently on JKhub and in Movie battles. Of course it's nothing compared to Ashura in terms of quality.

Seven likes this

I actually did some modeling work years ago, mostly player remodels including a frankenstain clonetrooper (different parts from different authors), I also created the clone blaster that's currently on JKhub and in Movie battles. Of course it's nothing compared to Ashura in terms of quality.

As is most peoples work, but still you should make some stuff.

I don't blame, you did an amazing job nevertheless.

In any case, if you ever feel like changing your mind the most noticable grip is the headshape being too eggish.

ohwell.jpg

that could have happened while chopping down the models geometrical detail (both versions are a reduced version of the model I worked with while texturing)

EDIT: @@Some I just moved the clone blaster model we're hosting to your account, are there toher files on JKHub you made? if so I'll move them from the JKHub account

Archangel35757 and Some like this

that could have happened while chopping down the models geometrical detail (both versions are a reduced version of the model I worked with while texturing)

EDIT: @@Some I just moved the clone blaster model we're hosting to your account, are there toher files on JKHub you made? if so I'll move them from the JKHub account

Yeah, I thought that was the culprit. Also, thank you. Haven't seen anything else I've been a part of so far.

Why hello :D

Some likes this

Really like these, a lot of care went into their creation and it shows.

-My only gripe for the blaster is the lack of specularity painted in the diffuse. Looks like a cement material instead of shiny plastic, you have to "push" the diffuse in older engines and paint light / cast shadows too, AO alone won't work as good unfortunately.

-Is there any reason why the utility belt on the trooper is not fully weighted the pelvis? It seems kind of odd to have those hard shapes deform like rubber.

AshuraDX likes this

Really like these, a lot of care went into their creation and it shows.

-My only gripe for the blaster is the lack of specularity painted in the diffuse. Looks like a cement material instead of shiny plastic, you have to "push" the diffuse in older engines and paint light / cast shadows too, AO alone won't work as good unfortunately.

-Is there any reason why the utility belt on the trooper is not fully weighted the pelvis? It seems kind of odd to have those hard shapes deform like rubber.

1. yup, I have a bent normal map overlay in there, but it's not enough. The textures are converted PBR materials I sent through my substance material, which in essence does this, while offering a few more features. It actually has a feature to produce a sort of metallic specular reflection, but that is currently locked to the y-axis as it was mainly intended to be used for sabers, here' an early WIP shot of that feature - tested with one of @@Rooxon's sabers. Adding an option to ick the base axis for the reflection is on my to-do list for this smart material.

2. it was skinwrapped, I'll fix it in a next update. I allready amde the bottom halves of the boxes rigid by weighting them exclusively to the pelvis, but didn't want the boxes to clip through the torso too much so I kept the top vertices slightly weighted to the lower lumbar

Edit: If you happen to use substance painter and/or Designer shoot me a pm and I'll pass you the material for testing.

Psyk0Sith likes this

Sorry if you had already mentioned those "issues" were gonna be fixed down the road, i found it strange that you'd let them slip through. I don't use substance but it looks like its baking a spec map and overlaying it on top of the diffuse, pretty neat feature.

Sorry if you had already mentioned those "issues" were gonna be fixed down the road, i found it strange that you'd let them slip through. I don't use substance but it looks like its baking a spec map and overlaying it on top of the diffuse, pretty neat feature.

Not exactly, I'm processing a channel from the wsp normals through 2 different Gradient maps, mask the second gradient using another channel and finally set flat areas facing along the base axis to 50% grey.

My smart material eats PBR(Albedo, Metal, Roughness, Height/bump) maps and a bunch of baked maps (AO, Curvature, WSP Normals) and spits out a Diffuse and a spec map for JKA. Being a Smart material it offers a ton of Input Parameters for you to adjust stuff as you see fit.

To handle Skin it can be fed a Thickness and an ID map, if the skin option is active it'll add some fake SSS and tint the baked lighting for the skin areas slightly using to 2 variable Blood and Shadow colors.

The biggest problem atm is handling non metallic areas in the spec map, but I think I can fix that by adding an additional input that takes a base spec map that contains specular base values.

About the models issues:

I did not mention them here before, I wanted to get a first Release out for the community, as I figured that since I plan to add new stuff anyway I can allways go back and do a few fixes

Psyk0Sith likes this

an update, click image for the full album

bTEda3Ph.png

did some optimization to reduce the vert&tri count aswell as started on new effects, looking for good blaster sounds atm so if you have something, let me know!

wow very realistic weapon , you got better than "SoM3's DC-15 Carbine" :D , also great 65th homeworld security clone skin :D

alright, i've worked on 2 different soundpacks for @@AshuraDX's clone trooper pack, i've worked with @@Seven on it, and so far we have 3 soundpacks ready for the model, but before release one more soundpack needs to be made, i gave ashura a new pk3 containing all the soundpacks in a pm called clone sounds

• 2 weeks later...

@@Circa this model will become my "fall back/filler project" for boredom.

I have plans to make additional helmets and including a phase 1 style helmet is not that big of a deal

Is the armor besides the head on phase 1 any different?