The Force Awakens Conversion Mod for SP

Is that possible that somehow we can get a First Person view mod for jka? :)

I use a first person view most of the time in SP, all you need to do is edit a .skin file of whichever model you want to use and turn off the head and torso, then setup a hotkey for it that has a few view adjustment commands added. The only downside is force speed doesn't work right in it due to how it messes with the camera distance, but other then that i actually like it ALOT better then True view or Jedi Outcast first person as you can have legs/hips/arms rather then just floating forearms, it's also really awesome looking for guns compared to the normal first person view.

If anyone needs help setting up a .skin file i can help you out with it, just lemme know. Some models look better with it then others depending on the positioning and how much of the arm/shoulder is left when turning off the torso etc, this is my hotkey for RevanKnight's Kylo Ren in first person for instance (which is amazing in first person)    bind PAUSE "playermodel kylo_fp;cg_thirdPersonRange 0;cg_thirdPersonVertOffset 0.50;cg_thirdpersonpitchoffset 7; cg_thirdPersonCameraDamp 1;cg_fov 89;cg_thirdPersonTargetDamp 1"    I've changed more then necessary in that hotkey to adjust the view a bit better but you only need these 4 commands to get the basic view after preparing the .skin for it  "cg_thirdPersonRange 0;cg_thirdPersonVertOffset 0; cg_thirdPersonCameraDamp 1;cg_thirdPersonTargetDamp 1"

Darth Sion likes this

@@GPChannel See if you can get the moving vehicles, up in the air, above the map's layout, as they're supposed to be. I know they've done it in the MBII mod. This is what I mean;

star-wars-coruscant-buildings-1.jpg?h=65

Coruscant_view_EII_2.jpg
If you play the map and try it out. Go to the edge of a walkway. etc. and look down. You'll see all the vehicles are below the map (for some dumb reason). I don't know why Raven designed the map, this way.

As far as your skybox goes for it, it does look good and is definitely an improvement over the base skybox. However, I would maybe look at improving the sky, itself and making it a bit more natural looking, instead of just a white sky. Maybe try and go with a much darker sky, as this mission is supposed to be played at night. You could maybe try a sunset or a night-time setting. There's plenty of sources over on Google Images, if you take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

the Movie Battles 2 Kylo Ren Lightsaber Hilt is perfectly accurate to the movie, and @@GPChannel, i know how to convert .bsps to .maps, in the same folder as gtkradiant, there is a program called q3map2.exe, what you need to do is put the bsp of the map you want to convert in the same folder as the program, then create a shortcut to the program, open up its properties, then in the "target" box, type in these parameters: -game ja -convert -format map <map you want to convert>.bsp, i use gtkradiant 1.6, it might be a bit different if you have 1.5 or 1.4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I33VLNr1d7g

a little recreation of the final duel between finn and kylo, as well as rey and kylo, with roqs of scenes from the film, found it on moddb, used to have the old beta kylo soundpack, which was a deeper version of rax's voice from ja, and it had @@dark_apprentice's unmasked kylo model, along with @@RevanKnight's rey model, i modified it so that it used @@lervish's and @@Plasma's kylo ren model, with sounds, and so that it used @@Scerendo's Rey model

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I33VLNr1d7g

a little recreation of the final duel between finn and kylo, as well as rey and kylo, with roqs of scenes from the film, found it on moddb, used to have the old beta kylo soundpack, which was a deeper version of rax's voice from ja, and it had @@dark_apprentice's unmasked kylo model, along with @@RevanKnight's rey model, i modified it so that it used @@lervish's and @@Plasma's kylo ren model, with sounds, and so that it used @@Scerendo's Rey model

*Blocked on Copyright Grounds* Dammit, Disney!

Yep these trees.. too many times they just cover the whole screen, ruining the fight. Cutscenes and fightning look very cool! I like new sounds too :3

All these things are nice but .. someone should make a better map. Small duel maps are able to be more detail than the big FFA maps ;)

Maybe I will try something a little ... maybe

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2DD82xj9OY2bC1VY3ZiNkVUbnc

alternative link to the vid on google drive

They're using my old effects mod in that video <3. That saber clash effect i made was based on one of the flare variations in that fight, i made a different one recently to go with the TFA blades i've been working on but still not completely sure if i wanna change it or not as there are alot of different looking saber clash flares in that fight. If anyone wants to try out the current effect i've made let me know as the the feedback would be helpful :).

Darth Sion likes this

The first tries of recreate the maps :)

1. Academy1
Luke will speak to the young jedis outside not in the main hall :)

It is WIP guys don't worry :)

ajwfbt.jpg
35laf5s.jpg

2i8houo.jpg

I will do more detail,i will do more light etc. :)

But for the first try i think it is not bad :)