The Force Awakens Conversion Mod for SP

@ I haven't seen that picture but i'm basing the blade on the movie scenes with the more neutral lighting. In the movie it's almost always a very deep red with a bright white core from a normal distance, been watching various scenes quite alot in HD lately for reference working on saber clash flares hehe. Though i know what you mean there was a few real closeup shots where you could notice some flame looking detail in the edges.

@Sion Unfortunately the side vent blades are just a smushed down version of the blade, so there's no way to control how they look individually, i agree though i wish i could make them normal looking. I've made the core whiter and added a bit more brightness and color saturation though, as well as serrating the core glow and inside of the main glow so it blends in with the jagged edge of the blade and gives it more of a "moving energy" look with the pulse and movement of the glow circles on the blade. I'll be doing a TFA saber effects/blade package once i finish it all though for normal release aside from whatever GP wants to use for the mod.

shot0041_zpsqhnpuogi.jpg

@ I haven't seen that picture but i'm basing the blade on the movie scenes with the more neutral lighting. In the movie it's almost always a very deep red with a bright white core from a normal distance, been watching various scenes quite alot in HD lately for reference working on saber clash flares hehe. Though i know what you mean there was a few real closeup shots where you could notice some flame looking detail in the edges.

@Sion Unfortunately the side vent blades are just a smushed down version of the blade, so there's no way to control how they look individually, i agree though i wish i could make them normal looking. I've made the core whiter and added a bit more brightness and color saturation though, as well as serrating the core glow and inside of the main glow so it blends in with the jagged edge of the blade and gives it more of a "moving energy" look with the pulse and movement of the glow circles on the blade. I'll be doing a TFA saber effects/blade package once i finish it all though for normal release aside from whatever GP wants to use for the mod.

shot0041_zpsqhnpuogi.jpg

Well, it looks awesome, none the less! And the hilt looks a lot better too. With all due respect to Darth Martyr's version, I don't know if it was from the screenshots he took, but I always found the hilt to look and seem a bit too big.

On another note, are you planning to include sounds with this saber or just the saber, itself? If not, I have the sounds already done and ripped for you if you want me to send them over to you? Just looking at Kylo's blade, I would suggest making it just a touch thicker, if you can. So it fills up the ignition part of the hilt at the bottom, as you can see from the image above.

You should definitely do a TFA saber package, once this is complete, though. I know the only sabers in the movie were Kylo Ren's and Anakin/Luke's saber, but with all the work you've put into them, it'd be a real shame they don't see the light of day and aren't available for public download. This might be going a bit far, but I don't think so.. You're quite possibly the best saber blade maker, we have on the forum. So your work is extremely appreciated.

kalamaray likes this

Sorry if I sound ignorant here but will this be like the Movie Duels 2 conversion where you play key parts from the movies? Or will this just change the base game models and textures etc?

Thanks! :)

In the 1.0 version it will be just a replace mod with new effects and menus etc.

in 2.0 there will be new missions for Jedi Academy.

Exapmle: Dagobah map....i don't wanna spoiler about it :)

we will recreate the mission when you go with speeder bikes..this mission will be Endor :D

and i decided that we will finish the Jedi Academy dark side ending in TFA style :)

and of course after you finished the main story you can play some fun map like:

The Names of the missions:

Dark versus Lite: (so you will play as Rey,and you must defeat Kylo like in the movie)

That lightsaber,it belongs to me! : (you play as Kylo Ren, you must defeat Finn,and Rey as well,yeah it will be an alternative mission)

Fall of The Jedi: (this mission will be the most interesting,in the mission you play as the fallen Ben Solo,and with the Knights of Ren you will attack the Jedi Temple,you must kill everybody,and you will fight with Luke at the end)

and some bonus level :) :

Jakku jumping: ( it will be just a stricky jumping mission in the inside of a fallen stardestroyer :P )

Training Duel: ( i planned that you can create your character again,and as Luke's student you must fight with some sith robot etc. , so you must finish you know....a training xD)

Kill the Stormy: In this little mission your task that kill all the stormtroopers that you can with one of our greatest character,the one,the only old HAN SOLO :D , this mission will be i bit hard,because you will have just a pistol and Chewie's bowcaster :) )

Of course i need some mapper i have the ideas how the maps should looking,so if somebody can create SP maps,just PM me please because this mod must be done i think :) )

Darth Sion and swegmaster like this

You talking about MovieBattles? look for MB2_UM_Assets_3. The model files are in there. It seems they're trying to keep the model files separate for some reason.

yes, the new kylo model is what i think i remember is in zz_mbmodels1

@Sion Thanks  :D. I can thicken the kylo blade but that particular screenshot looks a bit thinner due to the pulsing of the blade, so the same pic could look much thicker if it was taken at the peak of the pulse for instance. As for the hilt i always do some texture editing on hilts i use ranging from minor touch ups to a reskin, and add a more detailed shiny "enviro" if it uses one. On that hilt i made it brighter and bolder so the elaborate detail of the textures was more visible.

As for sounds i usually just do texture work so wasn't planning on any sounds as i figure people usually use mods for them already, but it would be a cool addition for Ren's blade, so i'd gladly add them to the package if you like. I was actually thinking about the saber blocking/swinging etc sounds from TFA the other day and how cool it'd be to have a mod for them. Anyway here is one of the other screenshots from when i took that one with the pulse at a peak filling the emitter area. Actually if i made it wider it wouldn't fit in thinner or deeper blade tag hilts without spilling out the sides hehe.

shot0040_zpsxyzy0py4.jpg

Is that possible that you can send me this kylo,i don't want to download MB2 for it :D :D :D

Here

Comes with npc files, sounds, shaders, and the provided saber installed.

I have my own version I made to my liking mixing some of the saber sounds and whatnot, but this is the stock mb2 version.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

@Sion Thanks  :D. I can thicken the kylo blade but that particular screenshot looks a bit thinner due to the pulsing of the blade, so the same pic could look much thicker if it was taken at the peak of the pulse for instance. As for the hilt i always do some texture editing on hilts i use ranging from minor touch ups to a reskin, and add a more detailed shiny "enviro" if it uses one. On that hilt i made it brighter and bolder so the elaborate detail of the textures was more visible.

As for sounds i usually just do texture work so wasn't planning on any sounds as i figure people usually use mods for them already, but it would be a cool addition for Ren's blade, so i'd gladly add them to the package if you like. I was actually thinking about the saber blocking/swinging etc sounds from TFA the other day and how cool it'd be to have a mod for them. Anyway here is one of the other screenshots from when i took that one with the pulse at a peak filling the emitter area.

shot0040_zpsxyzy0py4.jpg

well now you have made blades that look EXTREMELY close to the actual kylo ren blades :D, now if you could brighten the white a little, make the red a little more crimson, it would be perfect :)

Here

Comes with npc files, sounds, shaders, and the provided saber installed.

I have my own version I made to my liking mixing some of the saber sounds and whatnot, but this is the stock mb2 version.

i actually already messaged him a pk3 containing everything

@ Yeah the next time i fiddle with it will be to do that, the trick is getting a vibrant bright look without making the glow to thick and fat, and the red saber blade for some reason is the most stubborn when trying to make it vibrant. The color around the core "icecream sandwiches" very easily when adding bolder/brighter color to it or the glow, for instance I spent the majority of my time twoards the last half of working on the SWTOR blades fighting with the red one haha.

swegmaster likes this

well now you have made blades that look EXTREMELY close to the actual kylo ren blades :D, now if you could brighten the white a little, make the red a little more crimson, it would be perfect :)

i actually already messaged him a pk3 containing everything

I didn't know if you set up the npc files, sounds and hilt

don't worry i will ask him... :)

I like this model so i need it :D

You can ask him, yourself.. Which would be a good idea, obviously. But I'm gonna send her (I believe it's a girl, not a guy) an inbox message and ask them if they can upload their Kylo Ren to the Hub, as they have done with Old Han Solo.

swegmaster likes this