The path of the Apprentice

Special thanks and credits to @@The Punisher , @@DT85 and @@Scerendo 

This is not going the way you think

WsXrAXv.jpg

KUmua8r.jpg

ivOLzgW.jpg

Great stuff! Now we just need the Flashback Luke and the Projection Luke. Flashback Luke uses the same clothes that Luke wears in TFA, only he's skinnier, and darker hair color with slightly shorter hair. Projection Luke had the darker shorter hair, but has nice new black robes.

Still awe-inspiring work as always. ;)

EA Battlefront II (2017) Han Solo head // Free Radical Battlefront III Han's hair mouth/eyes (canceled game)
// Seven's EA Battlefront 2015 Han body parts, torso/blaster and icons provided by the Punisher and assets from SW Rivals (mobile game). Model does not have shader file.
Bug: I have moved one mesh of the hair out of his right ear and didn't noticed it's causing a clipping/transparent bug. Will be fixed in later update.

msg-1656-0-67336500-1514918229.jpg

Download

Edited by dark_apprentice

Because Scerendo made amazing update, it would be disrespectful plus I don't think she's bad in fact his latest update on her face makes her much better.

Don´t get me wrong I´m big fan of his work. His models are really quality and bodies are spot on but heads/faces are somehow off. I´m pretty sure BF face is more accurate (not sure about Force Arena one). 

General Howard likes this

Well, there is nothing on this world that can stop you to learn finally on your own how to port model and how to weight them. I don't want to be rude or anything, but mostly you and many others around you, are just asking for the same old song and don't spend time to learn something useful in Blender....even if it will be just a simple non creative process, such as porting other content in this game. Do you think that most of us here are born modelers or have some super powers? Yes I also had my time to waist on requests, but now I am requesting only what I am really not capable myself to do. 
There are many ways to make an excuse not to do it yourself, but guess what I started doing those ports and kitbashed stuff, only because there was no one else to do it from scratch and because I wanted to learn something, instead of wasting time. Sure you are making a good remastered version of a mod, but how much of it is your own personal contribution to it, besides asking for permissions and using other people's work (no matter if it's ported or not).

We're living in a damn modern world, where almost every answer is reachable via Internet, it's all about searching it there, tutorials and most of all: trails, fails and finding the success on your own. It took me years to learn myself how to port something, without asking others for help and just recently started to learn how to weight those things in order to use them in my favorite game. I am not trying to keep those models for myself, but to make you think and use your own brain/skills to do so I can't even claim them as own models, because they are n-o-t. If you are willing to spam all over my topic, I am not going to answer any of your comments anymore. Many people already told thing that should have been cleared from the beginning.
Still I can't put myself in the same position as much more experienced modelers in here, that can create real art and own content, but I am getting really tired and frustrated when I see such requests and people pushing others around.

You've got your own w.i.p. page as far as I am familiar, so go learn some skills in Blender (or any other program you'd prefer), port whatever you want no matter if it's EA's Rey, FA's Rey or anything else, if it is that hard for you to model it from scratch I hear you it's not for everyone. Not everyone of us is a modeler nor artist, but having so much tutorials, topics covered from other users here in the forum and many other forums around the internet and just constantly requesting something that people are not going to do for their own respective reasons is just very low and even disrespectful. I understand your own point of view in particular for those models you are requesting, but can you make anything better on your own?!

Would it be better if those people just go around the forums, check random topic and see how others don't give a damn about their own effort of putting so much hours of providing such models to this community and fan base? Do you ask yourself, [?w.h.y.?] other modelers are not making any new content for the past couple of years and if they do they either keep in in secret or show just a small previews that don't release only because others are porting millions of stuff or just billions of request from people that even don't support their own art. I am not forcing you to like what he or anyone else is creating, you are free of your own opinion.
But man up enough to start searching for all those tutorials and do it on your own instead of requesting something, even when other people tell you they will not do it.

I am sorry if I may sound rude and harsh to most of you guys, don't even care if I get blocked, but there are things that someone have to get straight finally.

Wasa, Alvar007 and AshuraDX like this

Well, there is nothing on this world that can stop you to learn finally on your own how to port model and how to weight them. I don't want to be rude or anything, but mostly you and many others around you, are just asking for the same old song and don't spend time to learn something useful in Blender....even if it will be just a simple non creative process, such as porting other content in this game. Do you think that most of us here are born modelers or have some super powers? Yes I also had my time to waist on requests, but now I am requesting only what I am really not capable myself to do. 

There are many ways to make an excuse not to do it yourself, but guess what I started doing those ports and kitbashed stuff, only because there was no one else to do it from scratch and because I wanted to learn something, instead of wasting time. Sure you are making a good remastered version of a mod, but how much of it is your own personal contribution to it, besides asking for permissions and using other people's work (no matter if it's ported or not).

We're living in a damn modern world, where almost every answer is reachable via Internet, it's all about searching it there, tutorials and most of all: trails, fails and finding the success on your own. It took me years to learn myself how to port something, without asking others for help and just recently started to learn how to weight those things in order to use them in my favorite game. I am not trying to keep those models for myself, but to make you think and use your own brain/skills to do so I can't even claim them as own models, because they are n-o-t. If you are willing to spam all over my topic, I am not going to answer any of your comments anymore. Many people already told thing that should have been cleared from the beginning.

Still I can't put myself in the same position as much more experienced modelers in here, that can create real art and own content, but I am getting really tired and frustrated when I see such requests and people pushing others around.

You've got your own w.i.p. page as far as I am familiar, so go learn some skills in Blender (or any other program you'd prefer), port whatever you want no matter if it's EA's Rey, FA's Rey or anything else, if it is that hard for you to model it from scratch I hear you it's not for everyone. Not everyone of us is a modeler nor artist, but having so much tutorials, topics covered from other users here in the forum and many other forums around the internet and just constantly requesting something that people are not going to do for their own respective reasons is just very low and even disrespectful. I understand your own point of view in particular for those models you are requesting, but can you make anything better on your own?!

Would it be better if those people just go around the forums, check random topic and see how others don't give a damn about their own effort of putting so much hours of providing such models to this community and fan base? Do you ask yourself, [?w.h.y.?] other modelers are not making any new content for the past couple of years and if they do they either keep in in secret or show just a small previews that don't release only because others are porting millions of stuff or just billions of request from people that even don't support their own art. I am not forcing you to like what he or anyone else is creating, you are free of your own opinion.

But man up enough to start searching for all those tutorials and do it on your own instead of requesting something, even when other people tell you they will not do it.

I am sorry if I may sound rude and harsh to most of you guys, don't even care if I get blocked, but there are things that someone have to get straight finally.

This was just my opinion on Scerendo´s Rey. I don´t have time to model new skins from scratch. We haven´t even discussed this problematics. I don´t know why you are so passionate now. Take it easy and stop being histerical. I have just asked why you don´t want to port BF Rey´s head when you have ported many things like Han´s head for example this week. But I understand you are not interested.

BTW, do you really think that my only job in MD2R is obtaining model permissions? That was pretty rude from you....

To be completely honest, those here who are against porting warned that this would inevitably happen to people doing ports. Just like Jeff, you'll get swarmed with requests from people that think it's okay to ask for very niche stuff and claim that they can't do it because 'they don't have the time to do it' (I really wish people would stop using that nonsensical phrase, why would you think your time is much more precious than others who are modding for free?). 

I for one am very appreciative of what Jeff, Dark Apprentice, Tompa, Swegmaster, The Punisher and others are doing with their ports/frankensteins as well as the legit modelers like Scerendo and Plasma but I will admit that the constant requests from people who can easily install Blender (or their modeling software of their choice) and learn the ins and outs of it can be quite annoying. If they have the time to comment, they have the time to learn themselves. Sure, you can make requests, but constantly making them on a day to day basis will get annoying to no end.

Don´t get me wrong I´m big fan of his work. His models are really quality and bodies are spot on but heads/faces are somehow off. I´m pretty sure BF face is more accurate (not sure about Force Arena one). 

With statements like this it's amazing anyone would ever do a model from scratch anymore, Scerendo´s Rey is a perfect model imo. I mean he spent a ton of time perfecting the model, and now you want to slap a head on it from BF, which requires about 15 minutes of work.