JAWS Skins & Ish

I took Ashura's advice and WOW, it turned out 10,000X better. But here's some teaser images instead. 

These images (in descending order):

Top: clean troopers are attacked by Separatist boarding parties.

Middle: battle-laden soldiers securing a command post inside Tipoca City.

Bottom: Captain Rex (first skin using this new helmet, yeet yeet) orders retreat as Droidekas advance toward their position.

gTlcIzj.jpg

gmjwsKa.jpg

U3gDKVY.jpg

Torki, Jeff, KyleKatarn1995 and 4 others like this

So that phase 1 pack is coming along. There's a lot to do, but starting at the top and working my way down. Here's my "to-do". If I'm missing any let me know, I think that's all of 'em.

- Rex (Done)

- Dogma

- Jesse

- Kix

- Hardcase

- Denal

- Redeye

- Cody  (Done​)

- Waxer

- Boil

- Keeli (WIP)

- Keeli's trooper

- Ponds

- Thire

- Jek

- Rys

- Gree

- Draa

- Buzz

- "Green Leader,"

- Wolffe

- Comet

- Sinker

- Boost

- Fox

- "shocktrooper"

If you made it through my long ass list here's a preview. Ignore the goofy mess around Cody's fin; due to certain restraints with Modview and alpha I had to try and crop a regular trooper's head onto it to cover alpha'd spots.

mZRbkB0.jpg

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

Looking good. Good job on going a little softer/lighter with the scratch brushes this time around - it's a subtle shift but makes all the difference I think.

Once you have the skins done, I'm happy to have a look at fixing up things like the accessories (e.g. Cody's visor) in Blender if they play up for you.

JAWSFreelao likes this

Looking good. Good job on going a little softer/lighter with the scratch brushes this time around - it's a subtle shift but makes all the difference I think.

Once you have the skins done, I'm happy to have a look at fixing up things like the accessories (e.g. Cody's visor) in Blender if they play up for you.

That's really appreciated, for sure. I think the difference is the style of the clone- the clones in TCW are dirty, but they're nothing compared to the prequels.

So far everything is fitting (bless) and it's a miracle, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

It's about time we got some realistic weapon mods, haven't seen any in a long time.

Heh, the scope area is gonna be a pain in my ass to model, but I'll give it a try. No promises I'll ever release this either as a functional weapon, but yaknow. I'll try.