JAWS Skins & Ish

So, I took a look at the model and I have a few things to say about it.
It looks really good on those screenshots your provided and at first I was really quite impressed with how good it looked for a first model.
Upon Investigating the model in Modivew i realised you knew exactly from which angles you could show the mesh to not make the flaws it has obvious, like the flat side projection you did for the UVS and therefore the textures.
e1qCizq.png
I know you can do better than this, next time learn proper UV Unwrapping and spend some more time texturing the model.

The Mesh itself has a few holes that should not be there and a lot of funky topology.

Picture of one of these holes, in the bottom of the trigger guard.
Ili6Ac9.png

and the funky topology:
6MNKO4x.png
try to remove every vertex that is inside a flat surface. You could decrease the vertex and therefore the tricount of this model by approximately 50%
[sharedmedia=tutorials:tutorials:177]
Take a look at that mini guide I wrote a while ago, and see what you can make from it. I'll keep an eye on your work to give you that push in the right direction ;)

about anim, maybe grievous one? or second arms move with primary arms but on different pose 

the 4 armed grievous does not actually have 4 arms. the secondary pair of arms is produced by a nifty trick using special lightsaber hilts, iirc

This contains ported material but will be offered through a third party. A link will be provided here regardless, but I won't endanger the 'Hub by uploading here.

Jedi librarian and former Master Jocasta Nu.

Shoutout to @@RevanKnight for the torso texture work, and to @@Kualan for the entire GLM.

Jocasta has been released. NPC names are in the readme. Enjoy guys.

http://depositfiles.com/files/5d64bise0

01Klbs0.jpg

you can make mod better if you use Atris body and create textures for this jedi master Jocasta Nu :)

I honestly respect how far you've come in terms of modding. Looks like you picked up a lot.

It's been a loooooong road. I hate looking at page one of this thread, lol. The progress made since makes it alllll look like poop.

Now seems to be the time to say though: wouldn't have really made it here without some of the badass people in the community. Little things here and there make all the difference- guys like Kualan suggesting scratch brushes or Ashura pushing toward model optimization and teaching me how to use XNormal or Jeff explaining weighing. It's cool to see such a welcome and helpful community.

Jeff, Omega and Kualan like this

That Rako man, I'm looking forward to that release! Your work is getting better and better, we all start somewhere. You sir are going to be a master at this stuff before you know it, all it takes is determination. Keep up the awesome work my friend, and may the force be with you. :winkthumb:  

JAWSFreelao likes this

Dude, that lightsaber sits at 8k tris. I hope you won't try getting that ingame. You have to reduce the number of sides on all cylinders and also the number of faces in those spheres. You should also fix the smoothing, at the moment you have hard edges all over the place. Hard edges are split on export and their vertex count doubles.

JAWSFreelao likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

I got that one from KOTOR or some of those games not sure, but didn't manage to finish it I've only extracted the helmet but it's low quality even for Q3 Engine. Anyway if you need to take a look for some reference I can send it to you.

5FTKrWc.jpg

The textures seems nice and can be used for the game .. maybe some fixes. But the shape seems rly too basic. I suggest to make a better mesh and use these textures. 

I dont know if this method works but it could. Make higher poly model and bake textures from low poly version on it ;)

dark_apprentice likes this

I got that one from KOTOR or some of those games not sure, but didn't manage to finish it I've only extracted the helmet but it's low quality even for Q3 Engine. Anyway if you need to take a look for some reference I can send it to you.

5FTKrWc.jpg

It's got a nice bod, better than the reskinned TFU2 Starkiller body I was using.