JAWS Skins & Ish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@@JAWSFreelao have you tried booting in safe mode?

https://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/

If that doesn't help:

Get yourself a USB memory stick and borrow someone elses PC to install a bootable Linux version on that stick. Could also burn the Linux image to CD or DVD.

Once you have this, try booting from the stick/cd on your PC. If it boots you can copy all of your important files to an external harddrive and save you from the loss of work.

JAWSFreelao likes this
  • 2 months later...

Pretty sure he can do what he wants.

Did I say otherwise? I asked him to learn a new skill that will considerably improve the look of his models. UV unwrapping is the process of flattening a 3d model to 2D space, which you need to do if you want to texture your model. While you can technically do a flat axis projection for makeshift UVs it does leave a lot of nasty texture stretching on all surfaces that are more or less perpendicular to the projection axis. Which is the reason for the "stripey" appeareance of his gun models front, top, bottom and backsides. I still like to push people to expand their horizons and learn new things. I miss the times when this community was a place of learning from and with eachother. When the community was all about creation of new community-made content. Nowadays honest critics are often taken as personal offense or greeted with a "bitch, please" attitude, which kills the motor that drives improvement. Nowadays this place has become a forum all about whoring for attention and boosting your ego with the least possible effort. I understand why so many modders of my generation have grown frustrated with the community and left this place and I may follow them sometime.

Anyway, back on Topic now. No need to turn this into a another porting discussion.

Scerendo and Langerd like this

I'm going to say my piece on this for my thread once and for all. I appreciate constructive criticism and feedback. I can handle it. But, I don't mind people who porch because that takes some effort as well. For people like me who just want to casually mod and not dedicate days and days on end, that's a perfectly acceptable alternative. Just don't claim it as your own. Furthermore, there's a difference between constructive criticism and just being a jerk. I'm not calling anybody out on that, but I feel like it was necessary to say that. So yes, I casually work on improving my UV skills. Casually. Very very casually. Because now I have a job and a girlfriend and I don't have the time for this that I used to. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's why I'm not going to shit out gorgeous models like Ashura. I do what I can, and sometimes I just want to get previews out there. I will specify from now on when I feel like it's a finished product and not just a work-in-progress placeholder texture.

Langerd likes this