My first playermodel model - skiff guard

So i made it. ^^ Thanks for tutorials and 3 WHOOOOoole days of modeling texturing and learning i made it. Here i introduce - Skiff Guard (i called him skiffer):

shot1395.jpg
shot1396.jpg
shot1397.jpg

Well i wanted some break from the mapping and this is it. He is not ,,well made" because it is a test ... and my first playermodel. Textures are not good and some parts are not well weighted. But the helmet is the best part in my opinion ^^

It's definitely something totally unique among JK3 models, lel. Has some unique build to it, unlike most models that go around the same variations of clothes and faces, and the same SW design of common clothing, and stuff.

The only thing I would change - the boots textures, and I could possibly try to modify them myself if you're not sure about it. Right now that "shiny" part at the top of the boots looks quite weird with the stronger shadering (be it game's .shaders or just the texture), when compared to the trousers of the guy.

I really like the trousers - they fit the design, and even though they're bending weirdly forward around the knee-level, it resembles some new pose, and it's not like people can't stand or move in such a way. At least this adds more variety (if that's caused by the animations, screw that :P).

Helmet is unique and awesome. With the possibility to switch it on and off it would add wonderful possibilities for roleplaying with that model.

Overall really great. :D

Langerd likes this

Some changes :) the face look better and i removed the spec texture (i will change it) and dark the boot part (i like the boots D: ) :

shot1402.jpg
shot1403.jpg
shot1404.jpg

Also i made caps for this model and changed the weequay npc to spawn these guys in SP missions. So if You want it i can upload it :)

It's really great, and speaking for myself, I would gladly use it for RP'ing. Perhaps I could even make a few more versions, retexturing the main one with different colors, making some new face variations and stuff. :)

Langerd likes this

This is glorious! I love the fact that you created a henchmen and not a main character. Everybody needs some good ol regular dudes to fight with or against. I bet it'll be awesome to see this guy in your sarlacc's map.

Langerd likes this

It's really great, and speaking for myself, I would gladly use it for RP'ing. Perhaps I could even make a few more versions, retexturing the main one with different colors, making some new face variations and stuff. :)

Many thanks ^^ About that i suck at the textures XD I just take from other files add some stuff and create a new texture from them. I dont know how to make them from scratch. It would be cool if someone would take this model and rextexture it.

This is glorious! I love the fact that you created a henchmen and not a main character. Everybody needs some good ol regular dudes to fight with or against. I bet it'll be awesome to see this guy in your sarlacc's map.

Thanks :) For the start i thought making somebody recognizable would be hard. I also thought that this helmet and outfit would fit and maybe it would work for the SP to replace some weequay npc (there are 4 weequay npc and i thought that there could be 4 bad guys to fight. not only one ;) )

shot1410.jpg

shot1411.jpg

shot1412.jpg

Looks great @@Langerd, first a talented mapper and now a talented modeler ^,^

Thank You :3 Appreciate that

Jolly likes this

@@Langerd I just started messing around with Blender too, but i have problems with removing the head and importing it into the other model :(

There is a Frankenstein tutorial in the tutorials section. What is the problem ? What does it show You ?

Very nice, and I like how you've utilised it as a replacement too. Definitely fits in more with the Rodians and Weequays in-game than the old human mercenary did.

I dont like the human_merc model to be honest. He looks a  bit like robocop :P And all these guys were in the movies and previous games. So .. i thought to make somehing from the movie

There is a Frankenstein tutorial in the tutorials section. What is the problem ? What does it show You ?

Yes, I just try to learn this lesson and work on Blender, but when i copy the head of Luke and have to paste it on Vader's body it was big shit cuz everything goes wrong, turns out now that i have to unelected each and every thing on my own

@@Langerd ok i managed something but now when i open in ModView it looks like this shit: http://i.imgur.com/eT6Puia.jpg

Check is the mouth and eyes parent to the head. The models that are made by modders are sometimes harder to frankenstein :/ Send me screen from blender.

This is good site for the uploading images :) try that http://wrzucaj.net/

And also if You want show us the image type here - img Sometimes i check things on phone and the image links are not good

Check is the mouth and eyes parent to the head. The models that are made by modders are sometimes harder to frankenstein :/ Send me screen from blender.

This is good site for the uploading images :) try that http://wrzucaj.net/

And also if You want show us the image type here - img Sometimes i check things on phone and the image links are not good

about the img it says that I am not allowed to do this on this site dunno why O.o also here is a picture of Blender, after I exported the model. Also don't know why i cannot return to my model or zoom in as it was before, I mean it just goes around like crazy when i move the scroll button of my mouse  and doesn't allow me to show you the model from a close up view sorry about that:  http://wrzucaj.net/guw

about the img it says that I am not allowed to do this on this site dunno why O.o also here is a picture of Blender, after I exported the model. Also don't know why i cannot return to my model or zoom in as it was before, I mean it just goes around like crazy when i move the scroll button of my mouse  and doesn't allow me to show you the model from a close up view sorry about that:  http://wrzucaj.net/guw

Blender.jpg hmm is it possible for You to link to this model?

Well i can give you anything you want, I did not saved it as Blender file sadly, but i think the problems are mainly with the skin file? Here's what it looks like now 

just managed to recreate it and save it now as blender file, so i can send it to you if you want

Edited by dark_apprentice

Well i can give you anything you want, I did not saved it as Blender file sadly, but i think the problems are mainly with the skin file? Here's what it looks like now

Send me the two files - vader and luke. I will try to put luke's head into the vader armor. I will create it in the one lod though... i dont like to work with them :/

Click any object on your model, and hit ctrl + .

That should work for strange camera bugs like this.

You should try to remember this, you will need that a lot. Known Blender bug :/. Notice how the camera seems to rotate around other object, far, far away. It just bugs and Blender reads that the object you're working on has moved.

dark_apprentice likes this