Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

So it is confirmed that the Teaser Trailer will play in select theaters (only 30 major ones) this Friday. Do you think they'll release it online as well? If not, we'd see some bootlegged copies that were really low quality. 

Do you really think that the teaser would not be uploaded to youtube? since after its release, we'll have to wait a looong time 'till we see a longer trailer,

and a whole year before the movie comes out.

Yeah. Seems like the one described will be theatre exclusive (even though more will probably carry the trailer). Interestingly, the photo above was captioned "THANKSGIVING" on Twitter, even thought it talks about Friday...sounds fishy! We could have something out very soon!

Just dropping this here;  rumour has it that the millennium falcon will have a square shaped radar, instead of the traditional round one seen in previous films.

This certainly looks like the dish was built on the life size model of the falcon before they started to disassemble it on the set. So take a look at these photos;

BxhgTqkCQAAyRkb.jpgfalconradar.jpg

NumberWan likes this

A very good idea - for Lego fans, they won't need to buy a new Millenium Falcon set, just switch the radar brick =)

Meanwhile, the teaser will be introduced on December 1st. It will also be available tomorrow, on Friday, at iTunes.

I feel so excited, because I remember seeing the Episode II trailer for the first time and it was like "Wait, it looks like Episode V, but it is not. And it's close to Episode I, but it is not either." The trailer for Episode I introduced even major details for me, which made me make out my own - very different - plot for new Star Wars. It's like a puzzle - you get some details and begin combining facts and rumours.

z3filus likes this

I've gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed, mostly because it didn't show much. And mostly because of that lightsaber. I think it looks ridiculous. :lol:

I'm still excited for the movie of course, but that trailer wasn't all that great. Looking forward to a full trailer and more info on the official plot.

The troopers look pretty cool too!

Angel Soul likes this

I've gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed, mostly because it didn't show much. And mostly because of that lightsaber. I think it looks ridiculous.

Well don't be.   Think about it this way; he may actually extend those short ones and hold the saber from the middle of it all, twirling it around.

Grievous had 4 saber and I thouht it was odd until I saw him use those arms in battle.  Funny how we just discussed that saber here, and that

I even said it must be fake, but lookie lookie here we can actually see it XD  

I've gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed, mostly because it didn't show much. And mostly because of that lightsaber. I think it looks ridiculous. :lol:

I'm still excited for the movie of course, but that trailer wasn't all that great. Looking forward to a full trailer and more info on the official plot.

The troopers look pretty cool too!

Totally agree!

Y7DZPSS.png

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO NOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO NOOOO NOO NOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOOOOO NOOO NOOO NOO NOO NOO NOO NOO NOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOO NOOOO NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO NOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO NOOOO NOO NOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOOOOO NOOO NOOO NOO NOO NOO NOO NOO NOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOO NOOOO NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO NOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO NOOOO NOO NOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOOOOO NOOO NOOO NOO NOO NOO NOO NOO NOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOO NOOOO NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO NOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO NOOOO NOO NOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOOOOO NOOO NOOO NOO NOO NOO NOO NOO NOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOO NOOOO NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO NOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO NOOOO NOO NOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOOOOO NOOO NOOO NOO NOO NOO NOO NOO NOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOO NOOOO NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO NOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO NOOOO NOO NOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO NOO NOO NOOOOO NOOO NOOO NOO NOO NOO NOO NOO NOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOO NOOOOOO NOOO NOOOO NOOO

Hey, I enjoyed that! =)

deginitely it's not much, but more than I expected. I was hoping to see Gwendoline Christie somehow and Adam Driver. But seeing Daisy Ridley - I really like her look, it has so much to do with classic concepts. And the music... It also touched certain my feelings as of a fan.

I am almost speechless. =)

For the most part it showed what we already know from concepts.

As for the lightsaber - I guess there will be an explanation. What if these are relics like the remainings of the previous Sith Lords lightsabers. Or maybe the blade can switch crystals, which ignite different red blades, one being good against a Jedi Knight duelist, while the other suitable to strike a fellow Sith?

z3filus and Asgarath83 like this

@

The moment I saw the trailer I started comparing the planets in the video with both the rumours and the films. I guess this is a new planet. Maybe it's a region on Dagobah?

However the film might already have one or even two familiar planets besides that.

We seen a desert planet here (possibly Tatooine? rumours suggested so), a water world with mountains (one of many mentioned - the one with dark tower (concept art), the city lagoon (another one) or Mon Calamari) and an ice forest (it might be a vision by the way!).

The small droid runs in the street revealed first to the public, as you might remember. Some call him the next generation of droids after R2. but there was a picture of other astromech droids, which don't look like classic R2 or R5 units.

The scene with stormtroopers makes one feel that they are larger than ordinary troopers from classic films. Like 1,9 meters high.

The music is close to classic Episode VI motive when Luke prepares for his "jump" into Sarlacc pit - curious how this scene turned out eventually, because this particular music can be heard during Episode II trailer, when camera also switches between scenes on Geonosis, Kamino and Palpatine's red office on Coruscant. 

About the "lightsaber" - what if it's not such weapon? If it's a relic, then probably it uses some sort of energy instead of a crystal, and being simbolic in its nature, the weapon has additional ports for this energy to be shown - both as a blade and two side mini-blades, thus making sort of a notorious weapon, recognized in the past by people as a simbol of "butcherer" of the Galaxy, who wiped out lots of worlds and nations long before the Clone Wars.

Hey, I enjoyed that! =)

deginitely it's not much, but more than I expected. I was hoping to see Gwendoline Christie somehow and Adam Driver. But seeing Daisy Ridley - I really like her look, it has so much to do with classic concepts. And the music... It also touched certain my feelings as of a fan.

I am almost speechless. =)

For the most part it showed what we already know from concepts.

As for the lightsaber - I guess there will be an explanation. What if these are relics like the remainings of the previous Sith Lords lightsabers. Or maybe the blade can switch crystals, which ignite different red blades, one being good against a Jedi Knight duelist, while the other suitable to strike a fellow Sith?

It could be possible that they light saber has those two smaller beams coming out to prevent someone sliding their saber down and slicing off your hands. To me it looks like an old broadsword. For a bad guy that thing looks pretty cool. Give it time and we'll start seeing people on here making something like this and everyone bitching will think its the greatest thing ever.

Like you I thought this was pretty good. Feels like Star Wars. Looks like the X-Wings are newer but those TIES look original. 

Did anyone stop to wonder what that planet even is? where the sith reveals his lightsaber...  doesn't look like Hoth to me :huh:

@@NumberWan = The saber does look a bit like a lihtsaber running on low battery, so perhaps it may actually be an ancient relic as you say

That set they are on, the wooded, snowy one, looks quite a bit like the Bastogne set from Band of Brothers.

Circa and z3filus like this

I really hope they give an explanation to that lightsaber. I'm willing to forgive them if they give it a purpose

Agreed. I like the idea of it being an ancient Sith sword of some sorts. Could hint to an ancient Sith figure "awakening" or something.

Angel Soul likes this

@

Yes, we actually thought, that there must be some sort of a "catch" here, as one droid and Revan were saying in Ragnos tomb on Korriban.

I saw on other forums people doubting such a weapon could exist at all in Star Wars, though at the time it was merely a concept.