Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

Theforce.net posted an interesting article regarding Episode VII misconceptions so far. Some were pretty much obvious from the beginning. Some are shocking.

In short:

The Empire exists and is controlled by a female general (Gwendoline Christie), as well as the Rebel Alliance also exists. but in the form of real government and political parties. Leia and Han are not married and live apart, while they have two children - Kira (Daisy Ridley) and Jona (Adam Driver). The two also live in different locations - Kira stayed on Tatooine with her uncle Luke Skywalker for some time, and trained in the ways of the Forse, while Jona is a pilot in the Rebel Alliance.

Kira lives in a destroyed AT-AT and is friends with a cyborg known as Orgo.

Everything is fine untill Jona learns that their parents are dead, which makes him start his journey in search of something. His friend Ren comes to Kira to tell hew this bad news... Together with Orgo they revisit Mos Espa and leave Tatooine.

We see another character - Kane, who is a new co-pilot of Han who goes to Kashyyk to find Chewbacca - they want to find Jona it seems.

Some speculated about one particular character from Episode III in this thread...

The same article speculates that the main villain would be actually Darth Plaguies. As he was called the Wise, it would difficult to kill him. Perhaps he learnt the way tp exist withou his body and return much later to the Galaxy. It is said, that he used Sidious just as he Palpatine used Dooku - Palpatine would destroy all the Jedi and other enemies. As a result the confrontation would be between only one Sith and one Jedi.

@@NumberWan

If Darth Plagueis is the main villain, then I made that plot reveal ages ago  :shifty:awesome  

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

darthplagmstarwars7.jpg

Max von Sydow  to play  Darth Plagueis the Wise

Could the “Darth Plagueis”  novel  have an influence on what will transpire in Episode VII?

“In dealing with Plagueis’ quest for immortality, I originally structured part of the book as a kind of race between him and Qui-Gon Jinn,
they inadvertently sabotaged one another without either of them realizing they were pursuing the same goal. In the end, Qui-Gon succeeded
by making contact with the Whills- the mysterious species of immortals George Lucas mentioned in an epigraph for the first Star Wars novel.” 
―James Luceno, Star Wars Insider, Issue #130, 2011 Author of the "Darth Plagueis" novel

darthplagueis.jpg

Above is and official concept art compared to a Darth Plagueis toy found from Google

@

Yes, I even wanted to mention that it was you who suggested the Plaguies return, though I myself would prefer a very new character. The article suggests, that the Sith Lord (the Wise) wouldn't be seen in Episode VII, but would re-appear in Episode VIII. It was also said, that he would have two guards or followers of his spirit (or any other form). Though this is more like a rumour.

However...

The most latest news say, that these two followers are females played by Lupita Nyongo and Christina Chong, even the names were revealed, one being Uva. Today they say, that Lupita's character is actually CGI one.

@@therfiles

After hearing that I wanted to see the trailer even more. =)

@@DT85

To be frank, I don't like this story either. But I think some parts are missing here and thus make the story too dull... I personally prefer the version which I read (and to which I contributed myself partly) previously - about the unknown villain, who is trying to trick out Luke out of hideout and new villains reappearing later in the film and being a different party in the upcoming conflict.

This particular part seems to be the less truthworthy:

The character of Adam Driver is the son on Han and Leia, upon learning of their deaths, he rushes to seek out either vengeance or justice. His friend and Kira try to stop him and Luke is the one to do that. (if this happens in the beginning then the role of Leia would be very small)

I assume, that the deaths might be false news, which is used to trick both Jona and Luke.

However it's also strange, that in the struggle against Jona Luke kills Han Solo - unwillingly. As father he perhaps tries to save his son and asks Luke to spare him. The duel causes lots of damage and Jona even loses his limbs - but Luke spares him, and that - acording to the article - would be his mistake, proven by later Episodes.

This part I don't believe in, simply because it contradicts the very philosophy of Star Wars. This very idea was the reason, why Episode VI is called Return of the Jedi and not Revenge of the Jedi.

There is also a good thing about the upcoming film (this is a real spoiler to come out true), which suggests the previous part of rumours are at least partly wrong:

Upon arriving at the Millemium Falcon Han and Chewie - now reunited - look around the ship and say "Chewie, we're back home!"

I found this on starwarsunderworld.com

Joey-Omg-Gif-On-Friends_208x208.jpg

SPOILER

I ADVISE YOU ALL NOT TO READ THIS FOR IT MAY ACTUALLY REVEAL THE PLOT!!

Although this is a rumour - I feel certain there's truth to this.

dthstarepsiode2.jpg

In the upcoming episode, we'll see the Republic excavating ruins on a neutral world for a weapon; and this planet is referred to as the “Sith Homeworld”

The ancient sith lore speaks of a weapon powerful enough to bring down entire plantes, the sith are well aware of the ruins within the Sith Homeworld  and that

it holds some sort of an ancient machine within, almost like a control station; the planet itself is the weapon. Darth Plagueis the Wise had it all figured out.

His desciple, Darth Sidious, was so hungry for power, that he sought to rule the galaxy by himself and plotted against his master, killing him in his bed.

Darth Plagueis, however, did not die. The Sith were in hiding untill Palpatine reformed the Republic as the Galactic Empire -declaring himself Emperor.

He revealed himself not only to the Jedi, but the sith aswel - to his master. Sidious' own version of the ancient sith superweapon was not perfect, it failed.

Darth Plagueis can now basically just walk to the center of the theatre, declare a war and reveal the superweapon, that may be even 3x bigger than DeathStar.

Edited by zeƒilus
Bek likes this

@

Where did you find this one? I heard it some time ago, though at the time I paid much more attention to the characters ;) than the actual planet-location. Even though it might be interesting.

As for the already mentioned character of "The Wise" I wouldn't like to see him - I like the fact that he would remain a very much mysterious person even 60+ years after. He might be mentioned, but...

Also I can't see the reason, why would he wait so long and not act immediately after Battle of Endor?

partly from here http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/09/new-star-wars-episode-7-leaks-plot-rumors.html and partly form a fan website, but as I said, it's just a rumour.

makes perfect sense to me though, if the sith homeworld hold withing a device, a control room, weapon of a kind, then there's some 1+1 to do here;

Weapon so huge it was built inside a planet = the planet is the weapon + Palaptine and his Deathstar = where did he originally get that idea? from his master or

then he just learned about it by going trough some archives. So this all sounds to me like we're going to see Deathstar v2 or something similar in the new trilogy.

Edited by zeƒilus

@

Originally DS was created by Bevel Lemelisk, a scientist, who paid for his mistake with his life, but survived his multiple deaths to construct more and more weapons. With the release of Episode II it became clear, that Geonosians are the creators, though the retcon suggested Bevel Lemelisk was in contact with them by that time and later got his hands on the project and completed it soon to be built. So Palpatine wasn't the original creator. =) SWTOR and later episodes of TCW reveal, that at every era of SW there was a political power which wanted a superweapon at their side - Rakata used the Star Forge (and later used by Revan and Malak), Mass Shadow Generator used by Revan to defeat mandalorians, and Dark Reaper being a Sith weapon later. We also see electro proton bomb use on Malastare, as well as Malevolence of the CIS during the Clone Wars among many others. Additional episodes show a kyber crystal as a basis for a powerful beam used countless times in the past as well.

I do like the idea of a planet-weapon. The rumour said that:

this weapon in Episode VII can destroy not planets, but entire star systems

z3filus likes this

I am kinda wondering about Luke Skywalker's role...

Basically...

... what they said is that he would look scary when Republic find him. Furthermore, this new villain in Episode 7, who is supposed to be a Sith Inquisitor, is obsessed with Darth Vader - who is Luke's father. And they said somewhere that one of the main characters will die. Now... I like nothing of this... but it seems to me that Luke Skywalker may be this new villain. And he might die. And if so, I am totally rejecting all that is Star Wars after Episode 6. What you guys think?

I am kinda wondering about Luke Skywalker's role...

.. what they said is that he would look scary when Republic find him. Furthermore, this new villain in Episode 7, who is supposed to be a Sith Inquisitor, is obsessed with Darth Vader - who is Luke's father. And they said somewhere that one of the main characters will die. Now... I like nothing of this... but it seems to me that Luke Skywalker may be this new villain. And he might die. And if so, I am totally rejecting all that is Star Wars after Episode 6. What you guys think?

The Sith Inquisitors have already been ruled out, it was only a rumour.  It's also unconfirmed that any of the original trio would die, there's no need to worry that Luke would kill Han.

We know very little of Luke so far, the only thing confirmed is that he has become a hermit / a loner.  "luke has lost his mind" is only a made up conclusion and doesnt mean he's insane :)

Angel Soul likes this

The Sith Inquisitors have already been ruled out, it was only a rumour.  It's also unconfirmed that any of the original trio would die, there's no need to worry that Luke would kill Han.

We know very little of Luke so far, the only thing confirmed is that he has become a hermit / a loner.  "luke has lost his mind" is only a made up conclusion and doesnt mean he's insane :)

Yeah, I hope so. Because the original Trilogy was such a nice story. Would be a shame if they spoiled it completely by him going to dark side and turning on Republic. Or the fact that any of the main cast die. IMHO :D

Harrison Ford wanted Han to be killed in Episode VI. And somehow I feel that Han Solo would die if not in Episode VII, then in later episodes. "But that is my belief" as Kreia would put it. For now I plan to re-watch some of the films with him like Blade Runner. =)

I still hope that the Villain would be a very new character, who pretended to be

Luke Skywalker in order to trick others into finding their old friend and thus making a path for this villain to encounter the Jedi as well

Meanwhile someone made a gif of fake trailer for Episode VII.

It's nearly as stupid as SW Rebels Inquisitor's lightsaber.

I concur... I don't think they thought thru how that could even work-- to have the two emitters rotating around that circular track-- when supposedly the crystal chambers are in the handle portion, no? I think they just want to give him a General Grevious type-move.

NumberWan likes this