Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

If the rumour about Rey proves to be right, then that article is also true, at least in several aspects. In any case I like the examples they present.

Notably, some things have already been confirmed either by J.J.Abrams or K.Kennedy, though they didn't mean to spoil Rey's mystery.

I talked yesterday to a person, who just watched Episode VII and haven't read any supporting materials: for me it is clear now, that many things are left unspoken in the film and that's not for the best. The Republic affairs and Leia's involvement in them isn't clear at all, and Korr Sella is not even noticed by most people. While I believe, that a small dialogue between her and Leia (like in the books) could explain, why the Galaxy is at this state of matters, that the Republic is dealing with trade, while the First Order isn't treated as a threat. There quite a lot of such things in the film, which need explanation, but there isn't, and background details don't fulfill the curiosity.

I have a feeling she's either Luke's daughter or Obi-wan's niece.By the way what sort of prophecy is there now since Anakin brought balance to the force after he turned on Palpatine during Endor.I mean we have two darksiders if not more vs whats left of Luke's Jedi Order.Or  it could be a complete twist have both Rey and Ben/Kylo related much like the expanded universe did with Jania and Jacen.But I'd rather go with the latter.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

They dropped out some good ideas from the film. Jakku could have been a lot more unique, it seems. Some people suggest the whole movie could have been very much darker.

jakku%20concept%201.jpg

jakku%20concept%203.jpg

jakku%20junk%20walkers.jpg

We know, that Rey was Kira initially, and Finn was Sam. I like Finn more. They looked differently.

kira%20and%20sam%20star%20wars.jpg

rey%20concept%202.jpg

Some are familiar. Kylo Ren could have been more mechanical.

kr%20concept.jpg

kr%20concept%202.jpg

This one actually made it into the movie.

first%20order%20concept.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

That's a cancelled concept art, nothing of this will end in Episode VIII. I am glad they used a different hair style (even though I like this one), because he is so far from the civilization and that would mean, Luke didn't have to worry about his looks, paying more attention to the studies and philosophy.