Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

Looks like an IG-88 body, C-3PO's head, R2-D2's feet and a TC-3 paintover.

I think it looks cool since it was probably made from salvaged parts (Rey is a scavenger on Jakku) and that whole set are Jakku based characters. Probably salvaged some parts from droids on the crashed Star Destroyer (taking a stab at the origin of the droid).

And where did she find an IG-88?  All models were destroyed/accounted for in locations not Jakku.

EDIT:  Ahhh... but they threw out all of the old canon.  So I guess anything goes now.

And where did she find an IG-88?  All models were destroyed/accounted for in locations not Jakku.

EDIT:  Ahhh... but they threw out all of the old canon.  So I guess anything goes now.

Yeah, as you say the old EU has gone. The new EU has also established that the IG-88 model (well, the design of it anyway) was prevalent from as far back as the Clone Wars with model numbers like IG-86, 75, etc.

I don't think that is IG-88. The various screenshots revealed many new characters which remind a lot from the classics (though one background character from A New Hope was confirmed to appear in Episode VII himself). Perhaps this unit is close to IG-88 variants (like IG-84 or IG-90, whatever appeared in the Galaxy). In Episode V IG-88 is seen not just like a bounty hunter near Boba Fett, but also as a piece of junk in Ugnaught's facility in the Cloud City.

z3filus likes this

I've said it before  and I'll say it again; that staff Rey is carrying around totally looks like a lightsaber / scepter-lightsaber.

rey_relic_starwars.jpg

She's a scavenger and the trailer clearly shows her and Finn running away from Tie fighters, so im thinking, could Kylo Ren be after her? after the scepter ?
I mean, so far, she's only been carrying it around in the trailers and not using it as a rifle or something, so that's almost definetly not any kind of a blaster weapon,
so why is she so keen on it? If she's not holding it in her hands, she has is strapped to her back. Clearly it's important to her and she holds on to it even against Tie's.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

I don't think that is IG-88. The various screenshots revealed many new characters which remind a lot from the classics (though one background character from A New Hope was confirmed to appear in Episode VII himself). Perhaps this unit is close to IG-88 variants (like IG-84 or IG-90, whatever appeared in the Galaxy). In Episode V IG-88 is seen not just like a bounty hunter near Boba Fett, but also as a piece of junk in Ugnaught's facility in the Cloud City.

That is because Boba Fett destroyed that IG-88 that came after him on Cloud City (I forget which EU book... Bounty Hunters?)

I remember there were 4 IGs, one was destroyed by Dash Rendar on Ord Mantell (the droid went there to track down Boba). You might be right about the yellow droid on Bespin.

IGs head can also be seen in Episode IV in the cantina, as part of the gadgets to create drinks.

These all are an easter egg. We already know, there will be a lot of such things in Episode VII, and I hope to see more than just a droid from the background. ;)

Also, not big news, but some believe that Daisy Ridley actually confirms her connection to one of the notable families - Solo and Skywalkers. In this video:

https://youtu.be/dyvjHHMLeKY

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

There's something called IG-88's Droid Revolution which had IGs A through D.Aside what was already know think of it as a Star Wars version of Terminators Judgement Day which never saw the light of day once the Death Star II was destroyed by the Alliance.

Rey Solo?   nice, she looks like Natalie Portman, so she defintly passes for a Skywalker. Eventhough her lastname may not be 'Skywalker'. 
All I wanted was on that interview, because from the moment I first saw her in the trailer -- I went " That girl is somehow related to Padmé  !"

I though Kylo was somehow related to Han Solo, but... I doubt they'll go with the good sister/ bad brother plot.  That's just too cheesy, even for Disney.

NumberWan likes this

@

My thoughts exactly. I think Rey might be a nickname or a false name she is using (or she was called like that by her parents due to some reasons).

But I think there might be two children of Skywalkers nonetheless.

Kylo Ren is most likely just a different guy - Darth Vader is as iconic within Star Wars as he is for the fans of the franchise. So probably Kylo is worshipping the former Sith Lord, believing in the myth, surrounding his personality, as created by the First Order after the collapse of the Empire.

This Leader Snoke is also revealed to be not a Sith somehow. I wonder if there is any connection to Palpatine's most loyal servants...

@@DT85

I don't think they intended to release it by any means other than Facebook or similar services. After December 2015 - they can make more like these and of higher quality.

It seems we now know another character - Lor San Tekka.

It is assumed to be the name of the character played by Max von Sydow. Here is the one - according to earlier rumors - who has Luke's lightsaber, sought by the First Order. He is a collector of various relics and is a veteran of two wars (as some rumors suggest) - Civil War and Clone Wars. In Episode VII he might be the only one to remember the events of all six movies, aside from R2-D2,

According to SWU, Lor San Tekka calls Poe Dameron and the resistance to take Luke's lightsaber. Unfortunately the First Order also arrives on Jakku, looking for the lightsaber. Lor San Tekka gives the lightsaber to Poe before he is confronted and ultimately killed by Kylo Ren. This all happens within the first fifteen minutes of the film.

Source

I'm thinking..  maybe I should stop poking around for rumours and leaked photos, cuz the movie will hit the theaters already in December.
I'm tired from trying to know everything about the film before its premiere.  It's already starting to ruin the upcoming movie theater experience.

DT. likes this

I have a few friends, which stay away from the rumors regarding Star Wars and most other projects. They claim to lose interest in what would come in December, and thus they know nothing of Leia and Luke returning, of Rey, of the actors and some haven't seen the trailers, so they don't know about the new stormtroopers, etc. Some people got spoilers by simply entering the Toy Shop. :D

But for me it has always been a very much important part to analyze and make theories on various aspects of the future film. This was with Episode II and III, as well with others, though Star Wars is perhaps the only franchise I am digging into so much (the other being Lost series, perhaps).

Even knowing so many facts/non-facts about Episode VII, I am waiting for it. I am most puzzled with whether the film will be hated or loved a lot. Spoilers won't help here. :))

@@DrXann

I also thought about this: why all the secrecy? The other one being as secretive (at least regarding the measure of security) is Game of Thrones. But nevertheless the information leaked into public was somehow under control. The first rumors surrounded some characters. Then nothing about aliens, what made me feel suspicious. Later the names of the characters - we don't know their full names. And many other things. Comparing to how the info was leaking for Episodes II and III, I would say, this is odd.

Meanwhile it's about 2,5 months until Episode VII, and this graffiti appeared in one of the Shopping Malls in Moscow near IKEA:

12028671_834907333290811_229114449967897

12068642_834907339957477_721816383425202

1978647_834907349957476_9124029704226679

Xycaleth and Numfast like this

There is a new info on the Galactic affairs before, during and after The Force Awakens.

• Well before the events of The Force Awakens, Supreme Leader Snoke began corrupting the Republic senate set up after Return of the Jedi.
  • Senators in the Republic remember the opulence of the Imperial Senate before Emperor Palpatine stabbed them in the back and Snoke’s allure is rather seductive for the greedy politicians.
  • Treaties were signed stopping the Republic from attacking the First Order as long as they remained in the Outer Rim, well beyond the Republic territories.
  • General Organa started the secret Resistance as she felt the First Order would one day attack and she would need a force to thwart their advancements while the Republic gained its senses.
  • These corrupt and old Imperial Senators (now Republic senators) want the First Order to prevail so they can reinstate the Imperial Senate under which they once prospered.
  • After the events of The Force Awakens, the First Order is known to be a threat because of the use of the Starkiller and the treaty is effectively broken.
  • The Republic is ripped apart as Senators side with Snoke and others side with democracy.
  • The Galactic Civil War returns and the Galaxy can no longer pretend like it solved the crisis after Palpatine’s death.

Source

I'm thinking..  maybe I should stop poking around for rumours and leaked photos, cuz the movie will hit the theaters already in December.

I'm tired from trying to know everything about the film before its premiere.  It's already starting to ruin the upcoming movie theater experience.

holy sith, I mean what I said but I couldn't avoid seeing something on youtube, related to StarWars7

a LOT of SALT

Hayden might return in Episode 8 as DarthVader