Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

The only way I can think of that Kylo Ren would know about Anakin's lightsaber is that he was told by Luke. I'm still thinking Kylo is Luke's failed apprentice, and possibly his son.

I doubt Adam Driver is Luke's son-- more likely Han & Liea's. And I think he has daddy issues and strikes down (killing) Han.

So.. for the first time (i think) we get to see that creature from the trailer who hands over the saber to Leia, I gotta say that he/she looks like that species from GuildWars. Also, I still dont like Finn.. he just doesnt fit among the others. Atleast the actor should have been someone else if he has to be black. I dont understand why black people are used in movies just because "you gotta have a black guy" and thats clearly the case with Disney. Finn should be an alien. A real badass alien who would replace han & chewie.

So there is lots and lots of stuff revealed to us last night.

There is another TV spot of Episode VII, but it is nothing really special - both the scenes and the music had been seen before this one was released.

However there is also a promo clip for the video about the Behind the scenes story, which reveals some additional shots from the film (don't expect too much), which can be watched here.

SWU also posted a few images from the film. One is especially interesting regarding the scene with Kylo Ren.

And one more spoiler... Be careful.

There is a book, that shows some of the locations in Episode VII, including the village on Jakku. In one of the places we see the already known character - Poe Dameron, talking to someone else in a small hut.

Some people believe that to be a very precise character from the film.

It is believed, that this is the character played by Max Von Sydow, an old and wise man, that actually looks like old Ben Kenobi here

upedgcbq3vj4la5xifmb.jpg

an explanation would be in order; is that fan made or official? it does seem to have very little characters in it,

Han Solo, Chewbacca and Leia are missing, not to mention R2-D2 and C-3PO but... I guess they aren't the key characters anymore :(

What @ said above, just found the more 'official' version of it on imgur :D

So there is a new TV spot (so many in one week?). However this one includes a new dialogue.

Watch the TV Spot here

Also Han gives Rey some sort of a weapon, though I can't tell what it is really. Some sort of a blaster perhaps?

There is also a room, where different characters gather to discuss something, a place similar to a command center on Yavin IV, though this is likely a different place.

%20%202015-11-13%20%2010.06.47_zpsfu1jyb

Not sure, but theforce.net published a photo of a Lego minifigure of Maz Kanata.

EWphotogallery4.jpg

Edit: as for Darth Plaguies theories, it is now set for 100%: he is NOT among the mentioned characters in Episode VII. Here is some info from SWU, which was provided by Andy Serkis himself about Leader Snoke:

"No, he’s a new character in this universe. It is very much a newly-introduced character. He’s aware of what’s gone on, in the respect that he has been around and is aware of prior events. I think it’d be fair to say that he is aware of the past to a great degree.”

“Obviously he has a huge agenda. He has suffered a lot of damage. As I said, there is a strange vulnerability to him, which belies his true agenda, I suppose.”

As for what Snoke looks like, again Serkis couldn't say much. But he did explain why it would not have been possible for Snoke to have been a practical effect, saying,

“The scale of him, for instance, is one reason. He is large. He appears tall. And also just the facial design – you couldn’t have gotten there with prosthetics. It’s too extreme. Without giving too much away at this point, he has a very distinctive, idiosyncratic bone structure and facial structure. You could never have done it [in real life.]”

Smoo likes this

@

This time I wrote, it's 100% that Plaguies is not among the already known characters. That's different. :)

But the idea that the Wise Sith Lord would come back appeared here and there as an idea, promoted by some fans, even after J.J. and Kazdan said, that Plaguies was not in their plans and there would't be Plaguies in Episode VII (a question directly asked by a fan during a conference).

Some also assumed that Snoke is the old Sith lord from the prequels, even if the name is different, everything was possible. Also the fact, that Snoke could be someone else from the universe, either appearing as a cameo in the background in the films or someone from EU. Now we can also say, he is neither. Just a very new figure.

The words of Serkis about Snoke's appearance, that it couldn't be done the way some other aliens could and his looks - well, this what intrigues me the most for now.

People tend to forget that Palpatine killed his master while he was sleeping so Plagueis is dead why do think they would bring him back.Is the Alliance/Resistance/New Republic restricted to only using bases again? wheres the Alliance Fleet.Oh and here's another thing will we see more variety than just the YT-1300/Falcon, Command shuttle, First Order Star Destroyers, Troop Transports, Upgraded TIES and X-wings.

I know its for nostalgia proposes but wheres the variety in the amount of ships we've seen so far for promotional reasons.I mean all the movies have more ship types such as bombers and capital ships for example.

People tend to forget that Palpatine killed his master while he was sleeping so Plagueis is dead why do think they would bring him back.

So the story goes, but you forget that Darth Plaqueis was one the strongest sith to ever have lived, and he was obsessed with becoming immortal & creating life.

Why some fans expect him to return, is because there should be no sith lords or Vaders secret apprentices after episode six, and the EU is no longer canon,

so who's the man behind the curtain now?? If Plaquies was as powerful as told, then is he dead just because Palpatine belives he had killed him in his sleep?

So there are many IF's to this theory.. but Disney bought the franchise because they knew Lucas had something in his hands that would sell.

But in my mind, the rule of two is now guestionable. Since the Jedi were so blind to see the return of the sith, could there be more of them hiding around the galaxy?

This is where Supreme Leader Snoke steps in. He's someone who has an agenda and according to Serkis he is vulnerable. Whether he's an injured sithlord or not

we'll have to find that out later, maybe even during the next film unless he's killed off in episode seven. Obviously there is a new, young Skywalker who needs to rise

against the threat and become a Jedi like his grandfather Anakin. Whether this is the offspring of Luke or Leia, we don't know. But the threat must be equal to Sidious.

dark_apprentice likes this

I know its for nostalgia proposes but wheres the variety in the amount of ships we've seen so far for promotional reasons.I mean all the movies have more ship types such as bombers and capital ships for example.

Poe has a custom x-wing :D painted black because black means badasss

JAWSFreelao likes this

@@DrXann

I think, this is a start. Just like in case of Episode IV and I, there are a few models for a start. In ANH there were X-Wing fighters and Y-Wing bombers. Episode V introduced Snowspeeders for Battle of Hoth, awhile it was Episode VI, which revealed the fully formed Rebellion Fleet with massive cruisers and many different ships, some of which can be spotted in the background only. For Episode I this was also the case - we see only one kind of ships for Naboo, and a few battle units for the trade Federation, like AAT, droidekas and the Droid fighter being the most prominent for that period.

Now we have a new time era, so it's the start. We can assume, that in later episodes we'll see a new villain, which might be using a special craft of his own, like Darth Vader's TIE advanced fighter. Also there is plenty of room for pirates and mercenaries, so we might see new ships belonging to them as well.

It would be fair to say, that some ships haven't been shown just yet. However there's been a Lego set leak, which included a new Rebel starfighter, which might just as part of the Rebel fleet as the new X-Wing. I am positive we'll see a lot of new craft and land transport on various worlds.

And another TV spot (can't believe they release a new one almost every week now).

watch it here.

Seems Rey and Kylo are in one scene, when she uses the blaster and he - deflects the shots.

daayum another TV spot??? #6 already :D

@@DrXann - me too, this movie or, well, Disney can fail on so many levels; lightsaber duels being one of them.
No one has mentioned if Nick Gillard will be the lightsaber fight coordinator, I think that alone could save this vessel from sinking.

No fancy footwork like in the preguels though, as the characters there were trained Jedi, the real thing, they had to be more faster
and all out better swordsmen than Luke was in his early Jedi years. Although Kylo Ren looked like he could be rather skilled...

Well, the lightsaber stuff has a few surprizes for us.

One of the TV spots showed a stormtrooper using a weapon, similar to what we see in Episode III, when the Magna Guards are fighting Anakin Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi. This weapon is a bit different, but similar in nature of withstanding a lightsaber.

Another thing of notice is that about a year ago it was said, that Daisy Ridley (Rey) took upon training in a certain form of combat with a staff. We know, what kind of weapon she uses, and there are plenty of bad guys aside from First Order and Kylo Ren. There are also pirates and some criminals, which will be an obstacle for Rey and her friends at some point. So there might a few unorthodox dueling in Episode VII.

Archangel35757 likes this