Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

holy sith, I mean what I said but I couldn't avoid seeing something on youtube, related to StarWars7

a LOT of SALT

Hayden might return in Episode 8 as DarthVader

Darth Vader is making a return, but as a clone. Disney won't bring it up yet though, and it's only rumoured that Hayden will be the man behind the mask. I personally hope they leave Hayden out of it, since J.J. said that this new trilogy is only focusing on the lore and universe of the original trilogy and not the prequels. But hey if they can bring back Tarkin from the dead (Similarly of how they recreated Paul Walker in Furious 7) then why can't they also bring back Sebastian Shaw? More salt with extra pepper I guess. :P

dark_apprentice likes this

Oh jesus, I hope not. Just get some tall guy to play him in the suit, don't need Hayden at all. But Hayden probably needs work and he's really good at the lightsaber choreo so as long as he stays IN the suit, it would work nicely.

Also, I hope when they bring back Tarkin they have the same quality as CG young Arnold for Genisys. No offense to the artists for Fast 7, but I wasn't really convinced in close-up (but was enough to make me get sad still lol). But hang on, if Tarkin's coming back then I would believe that Vader is coming back as well. For christ's sake though, DON'T use the EPIII helmet Disney.... Even DICE managed to make a decent helmet with all the unsymmetrical details that the OT helmet had.

dark_apprentice likes this

They'll need to find different actors for those roles especially the spin-off movies such a Rogue One.Why do they want to bring back Vader?The idea is starting to sound like the Vader Clones in Vengeance of the Sith for Jedi Academy single player a mod I personally like.

Hopefully Vader is just a rumour for Episode VIII.

For now I am positive, that Andy Serkis' character is something. The rumour about the political affairs in the Galaxy suggest his role is nothing like the Emperor, but still quite interesting. Careful, the info is taken from an article at SWU, which might include SPOILERS.

The New Republic and the First Order are more like neutral, but the conflict continues as a Cold war. Most senators are eager to stay out of the war and don't want to escalate the conflict, but general Organa thinks otherwise. Despite the victory 30 years ago she creates the Resistance, a secret organization to watch and prepare for the First Order to attack one day. Her efforts to draw attention of others to possible threat are thwarted by Snoke (Andy Serkis), who is manipulating the government of the New Republic with ease.

However the First Order completes that terrible weapon at Starkiller Base, thus making it evident, that they pose a threat to the galaxy.

well, lets say this is true, that Hayden makes a comeback in epsiode 8, it still doesn't mean they're gonna resurrect Vader,
a surveillance video showing Anakin inside the JediTemple with Clonetroopers is more possible. But this is really salty indeed

he is the main character after all, I mean, yeah sure Luke was the original StarWars hero but if you look at this all as a saga,
anakin is the one who helped the emperor rise to power, he was palaptines most powerful weapon so to speak, and eventually,
he decided to save his son by throwing the emperor to his doom, he was the center character at the massacre at JediTemple,
the characters in this new trilogy they all are dealing with, living in the aftermath of his evil doings with the emperor, and we
even have a bad guy who's wearing a helmet that ressembles Vaders helmet, so not mentioning Anakin would be weirdd

Vader should not appear as a clone, that is extremely silly. Maybe have him return in a flashback or as a force ghost but anything more then this would just be stupid. 

Thank you, Jolly. Besides, didn't they do something like that before in the EU? Except the clone's Lightsaber was a fake and Vader cut him down quickly?

Force Ghosts are still canon in Star Wars universe. 

I am more into the idea, that Vader's presence will be purely symbolic. I also feel, that the soul of Vader, the feel, whatever, will be constantly present and felt throughout Episode VII. All the details combined aside from his damaged helmet might make the whole picture, that Vader is actually on screen.

In case of Anakin Skywalker, I assume, that something in the end of Episode VII might trigger his appearance in later stories, though this instance would be minimal.

Lego will release another set for TFA, some kind of a successor to the B-Wing fighter.

LEGO-6.jpg

That Luke image is actually a heavily modified and photoshopped version of him igniting his lightsaber from one of the deleted scenes in Return of the Jedi.The blade quality is a dead give a away.I could be wrong though.But is trailer coming out? Its an L-Wing from looks of it.

It is funny, that these TV spots are just the preview for the actual trailer to show up today.

The poster is nice, we can see Maz Kanata there as well as the new weapon. Seems they are trying to develop the new Death Star... Well, sort of. I just hope it won't destroy half the Galaxy in one episode.

New trailer is out!!: 

I'm calling it right now, Han Solo is gonna die in this one and I am gonna scream in the theater. 

WASN'T THAT OBVIOUS FROM THE GET-GO!? ANYONE who read that Harrison Ford told Disney to KILL OFF Han Solo, otherwise he will NOT do the movie! All the MORE reason why I'm not seeing this film. I'll stick to the EU!

Quite the trailer. And it's so wise of them to include the general classic music motive into these (even KOTOR had it).

Somehow the feel in the movie will be more mixed than in other episodes, or so it seems. I mean, for TFA will most likely be like a nostalgic return, the story of the days passed. More than that this moment is mentioned in the episode itself. What kind of legends do they refer to?

As for Han Solo, well, there are 50/50 opinions, that he will or will not die. I am not sure myself, though it is possible, yes. I think that this might be the right thing from a drama point of view. After all that was the idea from the very old script, so that a major character would die after Episode VI (though it wasn't necessarily Han Solo). Harrison Ford indeed wanted his character die, and if it happens in honorable way, with due feelings, than it can be true to Star Wars. Chewie's death was something I neglected in EU for long.

I think the trailer even hints, that Kylo Ren at least assumes, that Poe Dameron might be the descendant of Darth Vader. The moment, that this Kylo says, that he would finish what Vader started, well, this might hint at some sort of true Balance of the Force, which the First Order members (some of them) believe in, and that they know only part of Darth Vader's story. Somehow I think, that Episode VII will start a broadening of the theme, started in Episode V about Anakin/Vader, his turn to the Dark Side and role in the Galaxy with philosophical approach.

www.yandex.ru (an @mail service) also released a Russian version of the trailer with the introduction from J.J.Abrams, and provided the Users with the new The Force Awakens mail design/style.

%20%202015-10-20%20%2010.34.39_zpsn2bgn8

I still can't believe the Galaxy far away can be so different with so many things, characters and designs in one universe.

P.S. There is a sound of a Dantooine bird from KOTOR in the trailer - in the beginning. A coincidence, but good one :)

Bek and Jolly like this