Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

It might be the ice world.I still wonder if the Alliance/Resistance still use Mon Calamari MC80s winged and wingless or do they use an entirely different type of MC80 class cruisers.Since we need a large scale space battle toward the end of the movie.

@

Actually they have already been two more characters with Oriental appearance.

Sei Taria was the aide of Chancellor Valorum in Episode I (she was removed from office later and replaced with the exotic Sly Moore)

Seria.jpg

Bana Breemu is the second character, a senator from Episode III, but the scene with her was deleted.

400px-Senator_Bana_Breemu.jpg

KOTOR2 introduced Serocco, a planet represented by the clan on Nar Shaddaa. TCW series also showed Carlac, another location with Oriental motives.

I think @@Barricade24 was onto something with the Shadow Stormtrooper. Looks like they may actually be in the movie after all.

or not since there are lots of tie-fighters on the background. Logical explanation would be pilots, who are also dressed in black from toes to head.

there are also a great number of black suited officers in the screencapture, so it's absolutely too hasty to spread rumours of shadowtroopers appearing in SW7

I'm confused about the security of that villain who seems to be inspecting the fleet, only 3 other dark dressed characters stand by the SilverTrooper(phasma) + Two flametroopers?

I'm used to seeing some heavy protection on the Emperors side, an entire wave of red dressed Royal Guards surrounded him where ever he went. I miss that sight from OT.

So maybe there's more to be told about the 3 mysterious characters next to the Phasma, they are also wearing capes so it hints that they are Royal or Political characters, yes?

ig_fulllength.jpg

@@DrXann

Some suggest, those are indeed the new generation AT-ATs, though the real name must be different.

@

I also expect the newer version of royal guards to appear. Perhaps seeing a McQuarrie's concept art would be in order, as they are using old concepts for newer elements in Star Wars. We can't see them in this shot anyways, because they are more likely to accompany Supreme Leader Snoke, who is obviously absent in the scene (and perhaps is unknown to many others).

@

Hmmm. That article is quite interesting. I guess people will still be disappointed with one of the explanations, the one being the most debated. However I like the idea of Ren. Is it possible, that this is another title from the long past?

It might have been thousands of years since the ancient Sith, and Darth and Dark Lord might have been the most notable and known ones, including the Jedi in the Old Republic (Episode I). What if Ren is something/somebody, who existed in the past and were related to the Force. Maybe these were a group, that followed the presumed destruction of the Sith (like 1000 years prior), claiming themselves to be the keepers of the Sith traditions. As they believed the Sith to be extinct, they might have tried to preserve the legacy, but were ultimately forgotten by larger Galaxy. Now that the Galactic Empire fell and the Sith vanished again, what if the Knights of Ren are the new followers, re-emerged with the same event - the presumed destruction of the Emperor and Vader? It's a speculation of course.

I am so eager to learn more.

z3filus and therfiles like this

http://io9.com/13-things-we-just-learned-about-star-wars-the-force-aw-1723645676

Check that link out.

It has been confirmed that Kylo Ren builds his lightsaber himself. It is also confirmed his mask is based on Darth Vader's mask.

well eat my shorts, you win    

@

Hmmm. That article is quite interesting. I guess people will still be disappointed with one of the explanations, the one being the most debated. However I like the idea of Ren. Is it possible, that this is another title from the long past?

It might have been thousands of years since the ancient Sith, and Darth and Dark Lord might have been the most notable and known ones, including the Jedi in the Old Republic (Episode I). What if Ren is something/somebody, who existed in the past and were related to the Force. Maybe these were a group, that followed the presumed destruction of the Sith (like 1000 years prior), claiming themselves to be the keepers of the Sith traditions. As they believed the Sith to be extinct, they might have tried to preserve the legacy, but were ultimately forgotten by larger Galaxy. Now that the Galactic Empire fell and the Sith vanished again, what if the Knights of Ren are the new followers, re-emerged with the same event - the presumed destruction of the Emperor and Vader? It's a speculation of course.

I am so eager to learn more.

Knights of the Ren remind me of the Cultists in Jedi Academy. And come to think of it, the cultists in JA also had a leader who worshipped Vader, (cried after Desann)

and Tavion even relied her masterplan on one single object; a sith articfact, a spear, so that she could resurrect the infamous Dark Lord; Marka Ragnos. Mindblown

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Knights_of_Ren  the page clearly says that KoR was fromed after the Battle of Endor, which again, sounds a lot like the Cultists.

So as @ pointed out, the lightsaber is built by Kylo, and JJ Abrams supposedly said that Kylo,  " much like the saber, is still a work in progress. "

this could mean that it's still unclear how the story evolves from here, but also, that the saber itself is incomplete.. oh god I hate the mystery surrounding the production of this movie.

I'm sure there is a reason that his saber is cobbled together rather than made decently. Maybe Kylo was trying to get Anakin's saber and failed, so he had to make his own and could only use non-standard parts? As to why it's a crossguard and not just a standard one, could be some symbol thing for the Knights of Ren.

@

Interesting comparison, but I have to disagree: the cultists don't seem to have worshipped Vader. We can see Vader's statue crushed to shards. However, I am not sure it's cultists' doing.

@@hleV

Perhaps Kylo is amateurish in his Force training (if any), so is the clumsy cross saber, which is far from Jedi/Sith elegant designs.