Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

I don't think the normal logics apply here. Possibly the saber doesn't use the crystals like in other weapons we know, be it Vader's saber or someone else's. It looks more like a flame actually, the blade itself is as deformed as the hilt itself.

I were thinking what the First Order symbol might mean. It reminds greatly of many organizations in Star Wars: is has something similar to the Republic of Palpatine, the form also similar to CIS insignia. Some might mention EU organizations, but that's unlikely.

667px-First_Order.svg.png

Perhaps the symbol means, that the Death Star was destroyed - an Imperial tragedy, that was a catalyst in many other events, that would result in chaos in the Galaxy. The hexagon frame might have meant, that the Empire (First Order) managed to prevent chaos and re-established order in the new era. They also might be called the First Order, because after Palpatine's death many fractions were formed (even according to latest sources) and most likely they fought for the rule. But deemed illegal, unlike some group, which believes itself the true heir to the Empire and thus the only and the first legal post-Imperial government, thus the First Order.

The hexagon frame might also hint of 6 planets, ruled by the empire.

But to continue with the saber hilt discussion; Im also wondering why would it be easier to create a crossguard saber than a normal one?
Concidering the fact that Kylo is max 30+  non traditional sith lord, mostly described as a sith-fanatic person. So what the actual f*ck is going on,....
We don't know for sure, but it seems unlikely that he's been trained to use the force from an early age. Jaden Korr built just a regular one :)

Six planets or six principles. Or something else. =)

As for saber, maybe it wasn't his weapon? What if he killed some primitive warlords on a remote planet, which created plasma/flame/crosssabers, thus it is far more primitive than what we know from the larger Galaxy.

well eat my shorts, you win    

Knights of the Ren remind me of the Cultists in Jedi Academy. And come to think of it, the cultists in JA also had a leader who worshipped Vader, (cried after Desann)

and Tavion even relied her masterplan on one single object; a sith articfact, a spear, so that she could resurrect the infamous Dark Lord; Marka Ragnos. Mindblownhttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Knights_of_Ren  the page clearly says that KoR was fromed after the Battle of Endor, which again, sounds a lot like the Cultists.

So as @ pointed out, the lightsaber is built by Kylo, and JJ Abrams supposedly said that Kylo,  " much like the saber, is still a work in progress. "

this could mean that it's still unclear how the story evolves from here, but also, that the saber itself is incomplete.. oh god I hate the mystery surrounding the production of this movie.

I don't think that comparing JA to this movie in a favorable way is a good idea, since JA had such a trash story, especially compared to the game that came immediately before it.

Also the cultists didn't worship Vader. They worshipped Ragnos, because...reasons. It's not exactly specified why, and this is one of the reasons, like I stated above, why JA's story is complete trash.

I am not sure if this was posted here before, but i just found it today and you might be interested. It is Luke Skywalker around 1983 after the original 3 movies talking about a new saga that will be started around 2011 and starting with the Episode 7:

Also Mark is the very same age now, as Sir Alec Guinness was during the shoots for A New Hope - age 64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UGV7WVB-bA

I don't think that comparing JA to this movie in a favorable way is a good idea, since JA had such a trash story, especially compared to the game that came immediately before it.

Also the cultists didn't worship Vader. They worshipped Ragnos, because...reasons. It's not exactly specified why, and this is one of the reasons, like I stated above, why JA's story is complete trash.

JA story was trash, ok, but how do you know the Force Awakens is any better? The crossguard saber alone started an argument between StarWars fans,

but also the balldroid, black stormtrooper/ black lead character, ridiculous names like "Phasma" and "Snoke", even the new look of stormtroopers looks odd still.

This new movie really stands out as very different, compared to the rest of the saga. I'm saying that there are many holes that could sink this ship. JA was equally guestionable.

JA story was trash, ok, but how do you know the Force Awakens is any better? The crossguard saber alone started an argument between StarWars fans,

but also the balldroid, black stormtrooper/ black lead character, ridiculous names like "Phasma" and "Snoke", even the new look of stormtroopers looks odd still.

This new movie really stands out as very different, compared to the rest of the saga. I'm saying that there are many holes that could sink this ship. JA was equally guestionable.

I never said that TFA is going to be any better storywise. However I think your argument is a bit silly. "The names are silly" is exactly what people have been saying since A New Hope. Plus I don't think that you can judge a story based on how silly stuff looks anyway.

Looks like a lot of reused ideas from Lucas's rough draft version of A New Hope.Such as instead of Knights of the Sith we get Knights of Ren.The concept art version of Tatoonie reused as Jakku.An older Luke Skywalker which in turn looks like his rough draft counter part.This whole movie is might be a rehash of A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.

dark_apprentice likes this

maybe I was unclear, I meant to say that Ja is comparable to TFA because its guestionable if either one of them were even necessary to create.
I think it was weird of you to say that I couldn't (*no one could/should) compare JA to TFA. Both are trash to others, as they are golden for the rest.

that's all

There's been multiple photos of one transport now: it can be seen in the newest teaser for TFA, as well as in two pictures for Rogue One.

Lego set has been revealed as well:

605250.jpg

It looks like a landing on Yavin IV, though I am sure it's a different planet also seen with the attack of the troopers.

We now know, that some character under the name of Unkar is leading a group of thugs presumably on Jakku.

And this set reveals some more Imperials, more than that - there are more female bad ones, not just Phasma.

605251.jpg

More can be seen here

Captain Phasma spoiler:

The recent reviews of her minifigure reveals, that the head beneath the helmet is plain black, thus no face. This might indicate, that we won't see captain Phasma without her helmet in Episode VII.