Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

There's been multiple photos of one transport now: it can be seen in the newest teaser for TFA, as well as in two pictures for Rogue One.

Lego set has been revealed as well:

605250.jpg

It looks like a landing on Yavin IV, though I am sure it's a different planet also seen with the attack of the troopers.

We now know, that some character under the name of Unkar is leading a group of thugs presumably on Jakku.

And this set reveals some more Imperials, more than that - there are more female bad ones, not just Phasma.

605251.jpg

More can be seen here

Captain Phasma spoiler:

The recent reviews of her minifigure reveals, that the head beneath the helmet is plain black, thus no face. This might indicate, that we won't see captain Phasma without her helmet in Episode VII.

I already posted that lol :P you're getting slower xD

Official poster released!

BPULohd.jpg

Finn and that saber!

Yeah that's Lukes saber :D

" Hello what have we here ? " - Lando

Finn being Lando's son makes a good joke but that's about it. Why is he holding the saber, if the trailer supposedly reveals someone handing the saber over to Leia.

What is the connection? Ray? is ray  the daughter of Leia and Han? if so, then it's obvious to me, that she escapes Jakku with Finn, onboard the Millenium Falcon.
They reach "home"  (Chewie.  We're Home) and get to know eachother and somehow it seems wise that Anakins old saber will be given to Finn. Luke has to train him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQF5rxSC_-A

@Kylo Ren

I haven't seen that. =) I was the first to post the pictures anyways.

Here is a new concept of Maz Kanata:

K_NI3XlIlPc.jpg

An article at tuskenium.ru revealed a bit more after the facts about Kulo Ren, his lightsaber and others were published. One is about Harrison Ford, who actually was quite enthusiastic to reprise the role of Han Solo after reading the script. But does it mean, that he enjoyed the development of this character towards Episode VIII? Or does he expect his character to die by the end of TFA?

Peter Mayhew can't mode without a walking stick, so in some scenes the scene was shot with a double. However J.J. and Kathleen Kennedy tried to use him in the scenes to the maximum. I wish we could see the photo of him meeting with Harrison Ford, some say it was a touching moment of old friendship.

Episode VII wasn't the first in plans of new Star Wars movies. The anthology films were actually the first discussed projects, and it was George Lucas, who talked about these with Kathleen Kennedy before giving the Galaxy into her hands. Lauren Kasdan was even working on the first script for the film, as some rumors suggest, but eventually he started working on Episode VII.

Not big revelation, but J.J. says that everything released already, including the 2 trailers/teasers, have some details to be placed together as puzzles. Some of these might seem irrelevant, while some draw lot of attention. For now people might not see these details, being too much agitated by the very fact, that new Star Wars will be released at all.

Kathleen Kennedy says, that they've already thought through the events of the entire new trilogy up to the Episode IX. They have the general idea and they know, where they are heading to, but it's not something specific yet.

I wonder, whether Benicio del Toro gets the role in Episode VIII.

Harrison Ford, who actually was quite enthusiastic to reprise the role of Han Solo after reading the script. But does it mean, that he enjoyed the development of this character towards Episode VIII? Or does he expect his character to die by the end of TFA?

Both.

From what I know he wanted to kill off Han Solo already in The Empire Strikes Back. Now would be a good time to write off some of the older characters

as the saga is coming to and end (sounds sad still, but that's the truth) I expect these last 3 movies to be packed with drama and revelations, epic x 10

Not big revelation, but J.J. says that everything released already, including the 2 trailers/teasers, have some details to be placed together as puzzles. Some of these might seem irrelevant, while some draw lot of attention.

This has my 100% focus now.  Trying to see what there is to be seen..  for example;

who is this and why is he wearing the same outfit as Finn  ?

Star%20Wars%20Force%20Awakens%20Comic%20

further more,  does this image make any sense? Rey and Darth Plagueis Toy

andy-serkis-star-wars-character-revealed

Also, a new description of Supreme Leader Snoke has emerged, supposedly leaked by the same person who leaked the concept art images months ago;

Snoke wears a “black kimono with an outer robe and an off-white robe underneath it.” There is said to be a kind of wrapping around his waist that flows like a skirt that reaches the floor.

The collar of the robe is said to reach all the way to his chin. The concept art reportedly shows Snoke to be a reptilian alien and his head is said to be shaped like that of a cobra.

The character is said to have pitch black eyes and a closed “bulbous” mouth. He is said to have an “angry sneer about him.”

m70olcp4wn1zc2xzapun.png

@

Yes, that's an old story now. I was also confident, that Harrison Ford agreed to the role only because that was a chance of killing the character, perhaps even in the most honorable way. However now that this might not be true, as some people claim, what if Han survives? In this case the question rises, what was it, that impressed the actor so much, that he agreed to reprise the role of Han?

I thought that was Poe Dameron, wearing a standard costume for Rebellion/Resistance. You might say, that this character is a pilot, so why would he wear a different uniform. Well, there was a rumor, why he did that.

The rumour was saying, that Poe Dameron was actually an agent sent by Resistance (Leia) to get some info or find someone, related to the First Order. He impersonated himself as a simple Rebel spy (to hide the true reason of spying, I don't know), and some say that on the contrary - that he even claimed himself to be Luke Skywalker or being related to him, so that the First Order captured him on purpose of getting to their ship. I believe, that this happens after the terrible massacre, which is seen by Finn, after which he switches sides. As Finn is on the same ship as Poe, they join their forces to escape the First Order, as one has the necessary info, while the other wants to leave the Empire. They later find themselves on Jakku, where Finn later meets Rey and the droid, while Poe is unconscious and is the key to the Resistance with other characters aboard the Millennium Falcon.

I also see similarities here with Darth Plaguies, though Maul's lightsaber was also present in one of the screenshots with Rey's speeder. It is a coincidence however. I guess the staff of Rey and the lightsaber-pike of Plaguies are coincidently identical to a certain degree only. And Snoke isn't Plaguies, J.J. confirmed this officially. I do like the look of Snoke here, though it is strange, that a reptilian alien would control the First Order. Maybe he is a puppeteer behind the Imperial officials, not being visible to common folk.

@@DrXann

In most concepts her face is with wrinkles of some sort and that reminds me of Commerce Guild species from Episode II, the Gossam. The difference is that these aliens were rich and powerful by the time of the Clone Wars, but after 30-50 years of tyranny, the Gossam state fell into disarray, loosing all the money and resources to the Empire. Thus some ended like Maz Kanata - leaders of criminal cartels and other organizations, though for now we don't know for sure, what is the status of Maz Kanata.

The trailer with Maz giving the saber to Leia, shows the alien a bit different. I see her there (part of the face) as an alien with much larger glassy bluish eyes.

Two new vehicles will be seen in Episode VII: Assault walker (similar to Episode III walkers) and Elite Speeder Bike.

%24_57.JPG

%24_57%2B%281%29.JPG

The snow speeder of the First Order was revealed earlier with the Lego sets leak. But nevertheless here is a bette look.

2.jpg

It reminds of the old toys of Star Wars in 1970s-1980s...

@@DrXann

For now there is only the new X-Wing (black one, and I would like to see the blue one as well), and the Order transport (still can't get used to the fact, that I have to write Order transport instead of Imperial transport), which includes two Rebel/Resistance members.

I wonder, of Finn used this TIE together with Poe to escape the Star Destroyer...

EP7-34101-1377-1378-05_1-1536x864-642403

Indie Revolver has new images, supposedly legit, concept art of the Knights of Ren  http://indierevolver.com/2015/08/14/indie-revolver-exclusive-possible-images-of-the-knights-of-ren-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens/
Take this with grains of salt, as they say. IndieRevolver has been a starwars theforceawakens leaker since day 1.

I also want to point out that months before the release of the first trailer, before the confirmation of such a group as ' Knights of Ren'
there were roumours that starwars:the force awakens will have seven ( 7 ) "knights"*/bad guys that terrorize the galaxy, with a new wave of stormtroopers.    
That rumour has since been forgotten, but I have to wonder, if there truly are more sith's in the upcoming trilogy than in the previous movies combined ??
Many Jedi survived the infamous order 66. Anyone of them could have joined the Empire, and/or their Padawans aswel. It's possible, but how likely?

wpid-20150814_113147-1_wm.jpg?w=1000&h=

@

I saw this concept, but never heard of the seven knights. Actually the latest rumours about Rens is that this is something new and not necessarily related to the Sith. L.Kazdan specifically said, that this is something very new to Star Wars and there is much of backstory to explore. Kylo Ren is taking a step on a path after them.

I don't think we'll see a classic Sith Lord in the new episodes. At least not in Episode VII. But probably the Supreme Leader Snoke is just the right guy to replace Palpatine.

Indie Revolver has new images, supposedly legit, concept art of the Knights of Ren  http://indierevolver.com/2015/08/14/indie-revolver-exclusive-possible-images-of-the-knights-of-ren-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

Take this with grains of salt, as they say. IndieRevolver has been a starwars theforceawakens leaker since day 1.

I also want to point out that months before the release of the first trailer, before the confirmation of such a group as ' Knights of Ren'

there were roumours that starwars:the force awakens will have seven ( 7 ) "knights"*/bad guys that terrorize the galaxy, with a new wave of stormtroopers.    

That rumour has since been forgotten, but I have to wonder, if there truly are more sith's in the upcoming trilogy than in the previous movies combined ??

Many Jedi survived the infamous order 66. Anyone of them could have joined the Empire, and/or their Padawans aswel. It's possible, but how likely?

wpid-20150814_113147-1_wm.jpg?w=1000&h=

I came across an article that had the exact same image and they were claiming that it was very early concept art of Kylo Ren.. since it is showing both a hooded and a hoodless version.

I can't find that article anymore but I can only take it with a grain of salt until movie release.

Yes that may be an early concept too, good point.. but Kylo Ren is part of the Knights of Ren = a group that thinks alike. Each star wars movie has it's villain.
So how can we be sure that if Kylo gets killed, or turned against the Empire, that there wouldn't be another hooded character to take his place ?