Sarlacc Pit - small Duel map

It would be nice to see a new Sail Barge map with this neat looking sarlacc pit and a new sail barge. This map looks wicked, keep up the great work. 

I was thinking about adding the floating skiffs but whoah... I always end up on maps because most of the time i create not enough to what i was planning and it ruins fun :(

Skiffs but sail barge... Well i was thinking about it but i dont think this is a good idea here. I can say that this whole arena is a ... sail barge. It will have screens , tables with drinks and with some rooms i think (always many many MAAAAnnyy things on mind... Those Who remember my project cloud city will understand... But i know that there are many mappers who made sooo much maps and these maps are amazing - Szico , Living Dead Jedi ( He is one that inspired me to make a cloud city) and of course SJC. I dont know where they find time to create these masterpieces... i am very immpressed by their work.

I just created one map from scratch to finish but for Team Fortress 2 ( not rly because i didnt gave it any hint brushes and areaportals which caused too much FPS ) and well Cloudy 1.

This one i wanted to create very fast and just upload it on this site for You to play. But my life and school problems which i have a lot lately (because i prefer mapping and drawning :S ) ... About life problems sometimes very serious for me because i am ... sensitive person ( wow i am writing this here...)

RAILBACK likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HEYO

New pics ! I dont know how but this map is kinda huge right now O.o . Hope for some new ideas . Enjoy!

shot0910.jpg
shot0912.jpg
shot0915.jpg
shot0920.jpg
shot0922.jpg
shot0923.jpg
shot0924.jpg
shot0925.jpg
shot0926.jpg
shot0927.jpg

I have a little problems with the space to fill and with goddamn light :/ It looks like it get through the patches many times and it is annoying

Ramikad and Syko like this

Does the map use Rend2 ? Those lights in the first screenshot too good to be from base JKA.

I just made this on jpg texture and useed trans + glow and added it on the nodraw brush :)

I think it's "just" a trick with gradients. Cheap but effective.

Yep cheap but effective. These orange lights from previous pics are made with the same method

I made the wall pipes ,i made a spikes and  a new tower (i dont know how many people prefer to play with the weapons but i think this map would be cool for sniper because of the large area  :/ ) and basket model which can be modified with single modelscale_vec option. On the screen there are 3 diffrent types but it is the same model :)

Still dont know how to make the second side of the map and the terrain (mostly cliffs... i am thinking about making my own cliff models ) It is a little too big and it start to be a very hollow place without any sense. Maybe i will add some on wall posters or screens :/ (and i deleted the transport model... i thought it is not in the atmosphere :

shot0929.jpg
shot0930.jpg
shot0931.jpg
shot0932.jpg
shot0933.jpg

Any ideas? (and for Your information i have lately a not good time with my life so this models.. are made because i dont have anything to do with my life)

Aura likes this

@@Langerd It would be cool to see have like pipes that lead into the inside of the sarlacc pit, almost as if the palace or whatever this place is, is using the sarlacc pit as a way to dispose of their garbage or waste or whatever it is. 

So You would escape from the stomach by sewers... @@Jolly great idea!!!

I might have missed it, but a good map requires good sounds!

I just hope, that while in the centre of the arena you can actually hear sandy wind (sand storm approaching). Or a rondo or dew back roaring in the distance. A small fly passing by. =)

Tatooinish sounds can be found throughout the Internet, so I hope they will be present in the map.

Syko and Langerd like this

I might have missed it, but a good map requires good sounds!

I just hope, that while in the centre of the arena you can actually hear sandy wind (sand storm approaching). Or a rondo or dew back roaring in the distance. A small fly passing by. =)

Tatooinish sounds can be found throughout the Internet, so I hope they will be present in the map.

I didnt add any ambient sounds yet but i made the sarlacc yells :) .

Maybe some cantina music , The sandy wind are in the original files.

@@Langerd

Believe it or not, I came to the idea, that various planets have different sounds of similar things. Dantooine birds are not like Yavin birds, and Sulon wind is not like Tatooine wind. :)

Traffic on Coruscant is not the same as on Nar Shaddaa, and Bespin has twin pod engines heard more than often (the only other place with this sound - Taris).

Langerd likes this

@@Langerd

Believe it or not, I came to the idea, that various planets have different sounds of similar things. Dantooine birds are not like Yavin birds, and Sulon wind is not like Tatooine wind. :)

Traffic on Coruscant is not the same as on Nar Shaddaa, and Bespin has twin pod engines heard more than often (the only other place with this sound - Taris).

I agree . Diffrent vehicles , ships , atomosphere . Some planets have lava , diffrent animals . I will check them soon :)

Ok! New things! I started to make stomach and made a MD3 from the weequay model (changed texture a bit) . It is ... hard to do :/

I also made a gong but i cant find a way to make it use target speaker when i hit it with lightsaber or blaster.

Jolly gave me very interesting idea - to make the sarlacc as the sewer and garbage (originally its point is to be an entertaiment ) So! i also made a drawing with a small plan to image how it would looks like

Here are screens! :

shot0954.jpg
shot0958.jpg
shot0959.jpg
shot0960.jpg

shot0961.jpg

shot0962.jpg

shot0963.jpg
shot0964.jpg
shot0966.jpg

And here is the plan (on the left) XD :

20150517192914.jpg

PS

Btw ... i am goin to the outdoor paintings for week so ... I will not make any models and maps for now. A week break

Boothand, Jolly, Artemis and 1 other like this

This is looking awesome.  Is it still just a duel map, or is it becoming a full-fledged ffa/rp map?  :P

And I really like your sketches, btw.

FFA map or just a map where You just walk and explore . For RP i dont exaclty know what to do ... This is a map for the clans right?