Kualan's Kitbash Workshop

The texture change looks much better, the original looked too much like rope.  :P  The secondary arms, what did you weigh them too? I'm not sure without testing it out, but if you weighed them to lhumerus and rhumerus at 100% I would think as short as they look the clipping should'nt be an issue. 

At the moment they're just weighed to the upper_lumbar bone so they move in line with the torso (I've changed the angle of the arms somewhat since that last picture so it looks a little more natural). I tried them with their original weights - including the humerus bones- and they just freaked out. However I didn't think to try them with 100% humerus weights. I may give it a go and see the results. Thanks for the tip Jeff.

Jeff and NoOne like this

At the moment they're just weighed to the upper_lumbar bone so they move in line with the torso (I've changed the angle of the arms somewhat since that last picture so it looks a little more natural). I tried them with their original weights - including the humerus bones- and they just freaked out. However I didn't think to try them with 100% humerus weights. I may give it a go and see the results. Thanks for the tip Jeff.

You may have to leave a small portion of the upper part weighed to the upper_lumbar if it looks funky. I'm just spitballing ideas without testing them so I could be talking out my ass.  :D

NoOne likes this
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A progress pic on Oppo Rancisis:

ConceptOppoRancisisv3.jpg

I've given his snake-tail a brand new texture which I'm pretty happy with (and removed the more ornamental parts of the tail completely), and tightened up some of the head/hair meshes to avoid gaps during animations. Weights in the beard and hands have also been overhaul to allow for a smoother transition during animations, and lastly added a 'battle' variant where Master Rancisis sheds his outer robes to expose his two lower arms during combat.

The secondary arms are not rigged as duplicates to the main arms as this causes too many issues, but have been positioned and rigged in such a way that they should work best with the 'dual wielding' animations - clipping with several of the single saber and practically all of the staff-saber animations is unavoidable. I decided to optimise the arms for the dual animations as that style seems to cater more towards the character's fighting style in canon as seen HERE .

Thoughts / critiques / feedback on how to improvement is always welcome.

that looks badass

• 1 month later...

Hey, is there any chance of seeing that Oppo Rancisis out anytime? Been dying to round out every jedi from the prequels, and seeing him in the screenshots has been making me excited for weeks.

I don't have much free time these days, as I've started a new job and what little free time I have I tend to spend on my upcoming Skyrim mod.

Jeff likes this

I don't have much free time these days, as I've started a new job and what little free time I have I tend to spend on my upcoming Skyrim mod.

Wish I could hear about your skyrim projects in these forums, since it's such a fun moddable game. 

Jeff likes this

Wish I could hear about your skyrim projects in these forums, since it's such a fun moddable game.

If you're genuinely interested, this is the mod in question: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-game-of-thrones-adaptation-mod-for-skyrim

Not going to lie though, seeing Rogue One has kind of re-ignited my Star Wars enthusiasm at the moment so I may be able to fit a kitbash or two in before returning to Skyrim.

swegmaster, ZanderNao, Jeff and 3 others like this

Had to scratch the itch since that last post, so here we go:

ConceptKrennic.jpg

woohoo, finally!

now forgive me if I'm misunderstanding the point of a concept and you intend to add and refine details later on but one thing that immediately stands out is the hair colour which is more of a greyish brown - and the face. I believe one of the HS Imperial heads is closer but the only problem with that is his scalp is missing because it's meant to have a cap on it :P. I attempted something before Rogue One which I'm not completely happy about but it should give you an idea:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u241gs3gis61ms7/krennic_hair1.JPG?dl=0

woohoo, finally!

now forgive me if I'm misunderstanding the point of a concept and you intend to add and refine details later on but one thing that immediately stands out is the hair colour which is more of a greyish brown - and the face. I believe one of the HS Imperial heads is closer but the only problem with that is his scalp is missing because it's meant to have a cap on it :P. I attempted something before Rogue One which I'm not completely happy about but it should give you an idea:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u241gs3gis61ms7/krennic_hair1.JPG?dl=0

Hm, I can't say any of the current HS Imperial heads look particularly like Krennic to be honest.

Hey Kualan, I didn't know that you had a Patreon, you should post it here, I left a small donation since you deserve that and more for your contributions to the modding scene of Jedi academy. I'm sure that more people will donate if you post it here. Here's hoping that you come up with more cool projects for JKA.

EDIT: I'm kinda new to this Patreon thing so I'm not really sure how it works, let me know if you received the funds please. 

swegmaster likes this

Hey Kualan, I didn't know that you had a Patreon, you should post it here, I left a small donation since you deserve that and more for your contributions to the modding scene of Jedi academy. I'm sure that more people will donate if you post it here. Here's hoping that you come up with more cool projects for JKA.

EDIT: I'm kinda new to this Patreon thing so I'm not really sure how it works, let me know if you received the funds please.

Thank you Peneke, appreciate it. I haven't posted the Patreon here before as I don't think the Hub allows that sort of thing (is that right, @@Circa ?) The donations are collected on a 'per creation' basis so nothing will be taken until I release the big project (the Game Of Thrones mod for Skyrim).

Even though I've released individual kitbashes and stuff for JKA in the meantime, it wouldn't feel right to me to claim them as 'creations' and take a round of donations every time one of them is done since they only take a few hours' work each compared to the (literally) hundreds upon hundreds of hours invested in the GoT Skyrim mod.