Rooxon's WeaponsHD

K will do, Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I'd love to always get to hear your wishes, so I can do the sabers as you want them, after all the released mods are made for you. I do play with a little bit altered textures to my liking, I gotta admit.

Barricade24 likes this

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I'm busy over my ears, even... I barely find the time to relax a bit in the evening, I either work or learn nonstop so until this rush is over, I'll take a break from modding for a little while. I'm still checking back daily and when I find the time, I'll correct those little things and release the packs I've already done.

EDIT: Misc. Sabers pack is already uplaoded, now I'm working on the Dual Sabers pack! Tomorrow I'm free and will probably use the day to finish it. With those finished, my sabers pack bundle will be complete for now, what still stays after that is retouching the models/textures to make them to your liking, regarding the feedback I am going to get. After that it's pistol/blaster/gun time, whatever you prefer :D I will also upload a small "Rooxon's WeaponsHD Menu integration" mod later on, which will be usable only with all three packs at the same time! It will enable the added sabers as chooseable sabers in SP (I'm thinking on adding a script or some file that makes dual saber brakes more common) ... and with that in mind, I'll add Luke's saber, stinger and desann's to the SP menu, together with 3 single saber counterparts from the dual sabers (the best ones, which sums up the number of sabers chooseable to 15, which I think is the limit). I'll make the names appear correctly and delete the added effects to the ext_data files, so the sabers are still gonna balance out the gameplay, they won't be any stronger than others. I'll get around this with separate .sab files.

That said, I schould probably also mention the saber battles in SP were always too easy. So I modified all of the existing .sab files for all sabers to make them stronger, with stronger parry bonuses, damage, knocback, return damage and more. I took my time and still made it all balanced out though, opponents aren't gods now, though it's much more of a challenge. To give you an example, all reborns damage is 1.5x it was before and the droid's training saber is 0.5x the original damage. Tavion's final saber does 3x the damage done before, kyle 1x5 and kyle_boss 2x more, and so on... What's more, all sabers have return damage enabled, but not all sabers have added bonuses or other additions except the return damage. So don't worry, I think you may now actually have fun battling in SP especially thanks to more difficult saber throw evasions, maybe an addon or even separate mod with new NPC files, which make them much stronger and better fighters, would be a good idea, just to make SP a bit more appealing. I mean including gun npcs.

Regarding blasters @@AshuraDX or @@Circa, one of you two would probably know... other than making the blaster and rigging it like the originals, is there anything else I schould be aware of when making them? To be honest I've done blaster models before but I've never compiled them myself.

Bek likes this

@@Rooxon

Alright, I took the time and properly tested these out.

The single saber pack:

Most of these are great. Very nice job. There are some texture and color differences that I wouldn't do, and I actually went in and fixed them to see if that's all I didn't like, or if it was the model as well. 

• Arbiter: pretty much perfect. I definitely prefer yours over the original. Very nice!
  • Retaliator: same as above. Pretty much just made it better looking, and stuck with the original design.
  • Consul: this is the one that needed the most work texture wise. The purple was basically just too out of place and didn't mix well with the rest of it, and also made it look nothing like the original. I messed with the texture and made it look a lot more tolerable in my opinion. The model is awesome, and would love to have the skin equally awesome. :P
  • Retaliator: this one is great as well, but it's a lot bigger in scale than the rest. You should scale it down a bit to match the others.
  • Praetor: good, though it seems slightly thin and long. Although the original seemed slightly too thick, so maybe split the difference? Not sure, but I like this one a lot, aside from that.
  • Sentinel: I'm not a fan of either the texture or the model. I prefer the original here. I think if you stayed closer to the original design (and color scheme), it would look better.
  • Adjudicator: this one is great as well, looks a lot like the original but different enough for the better. nice job.
  • Defender: same as above, great stuff.
  • Firebrand: this was my favorite of the original sabers. I think you should shrink the bottom slightly (the round part). It looks to bulged. I also think the top (the emitter) should be wider, like the original. It's very slightly wider, and maybe you could even go wider than the original, not sure.

The misc saber pack:

There's a pretty big issue here, which is why I haven't approved it yet. The blade tag is in the wrong spot. See here.

Luke: This one is good, for the recreation of the original, which we all know is very inaccurate. :P Nice work.

Kyle: I feel like this one is slightly too long. If you just scaled it slightly shorter, it would look pretty good.

Desann: I like what you did with it. The original was pretty boring, and I like yours a lot better.

Stinger: Nice. Anything is better than the original black tube they had. I like the direction you took with it.

Scepter and Sword: they look good, not much else to say here.

Overall issues that I noticed:

• Scaling. It seems that they all don't really match each other in size. Some are pretty drastic. This goes for the length of them mostly. They seem too long and skinny in some cases. I recommend revisiting their sizes and double check what they look like when being held in-game.
  • Tags. I'm not sure if this is an issue on your end, or the skeleton's end, but the tags for where the sabers will be held is too low. This is also a major issue with the original sabers so I'm not sure if it's your doing or not (perhaps @@DT85, @@AshuraDX or @@minilogoguy18 could give me more info on that), but it should be fixed. The right hand should be closer to the top, not the bottom or the middle.

Overall, very nice.  :winkthumb:

Rooxon and DT. like this

It could be an issue per-player-model, as you can adjust tag positions when creating a character. Could also be an anomaly with some animations where the tag bones jitter, but I'm just providing ideas at the moment.

Circa likes this

Wow Circa I REALLY appreciate your work! It's also quite fast, I mean, I uploaded the pack, and went to sleep. So yes I'm going to fix most of those things, like size and maybe put the parent tags a bit higher (so the sabers will also be held a bit higher) and fix the stinger's blade tag. I just woke up and actually have time today :)

Also, you do realize this misc sabers pack is some..way.. an evolution of my mod making, kinda, I mean to say I did not have my skills brushed out enough to do such things. Now it's kinda easy but with the lack of time I have, this is the best I could do for now, but OK I'll fix it soon. Already started, actually. The single sabers pack is going to get a nice 1.0 version update with probably all models made the same way as now Kyle's and Stinger.

I need to ask, what do you think about the specmap on the stinger? For one, some may say it's hideous, I think it's kinda... cool..

Regarding the models size, I use the classic katarn's saber, I noticed this sabers is quite thin and long, the SP sabers are mostly shorter and a little bit wider. Also, to look ok in hand, it's even TOO thin I thought and sized my models accordingly.

and regarding the tag placement on the stinger, I see it's a bit to the side, I'll fix that. But the height of the placement is OK I think, is it not? try to take a look with my HD saber blades, it look's ok and not.. cut away at the bottom like your mod

Barricade24 likes this

@@Circa Yes yes I've thought about fixing the position of my blades and make them all original-like and also, just for you, a LITTLE bit more pointy :D they're still not perfected out, if they were, they'd be at least version 1.0. Well today I finally managed to finish the tutorial regarding basic shaders I've been working on for a week or something like that now. I'm sure @@CaptainCrazy will be happy to take a look at it once it's approved. Now I'm off to work on the misc sabers pack today and later maybe a couple more for the dual sabers pack.

That said, guys, now it's a little more than a month that I've been here. Tell me, what do you think of me? and even more importantly, of my work? I would really like to hear the thoughts of all of you who have contributed to me in any way, even if just with feedback!

Bek likes this

@@Circa Yes yes I've thought about fixing the position of my blades and make them all original-like and also, just for you, a LITTLE bit more pointy :D they're still not perfected out, if they were, they'd be at least version 1.0. Well today I finally managed to finish the tutorial regarding basic shaders I've been working on for a week or something like that now. I'm sure @@CaptainCrazy will be happy to take a look at it once it's approved. Now I'm off to work on the misc sabers pack today and later maybe a couple more for the dual sabers pack.

That said, guys, now it's a little more than a month that I've been here. Tell me, what do you think of me? and even more importantly, of my work? I would really like to hear the thoughts of all of you who have contributed to me in any way, even if just with feedback!

@@Rooxon you seem to be a very hard worker who has no problems going back to fix a bug in one of your models, and also you seem to have a huge skill set in Photoshop and Gmax, which is awesome. And don't forget that your'e lightdsbers hilts are the best thing ever since sliced bread  :winkthumb:

Rooxon likes this

scr.jpg   shot0029.jpg

New Desann's lightsaber, coming in Misc Saber pack update 0.6

Today I've also fixed a major problem in the HD Saber Blades mod, many fixes on the Misc Sabers Pack and a few on the Single Sabers pack. I've uploaded updates to the first two, now Dual Sabers pack and the Single Saber pack update are on their way, will be done in 3 days at the most, just to keep you notified!

Also, first page is updated with progress and information I can give you up till now!

Bek likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello guys! I need to post something urgent.

First off, I want to explain why I'm away so much these past two or three weeks. From 11 of June until 16 of July, I have exams at college, I'm learning day-in day-out and this situation will remain until, as I said before, the 16 of July.

Secondly, I got about 6 messages whether I quit my work, whether I won't be doing mods anymore blah blah blah.. Guys, I don't mean to be rude at all, but is this really the only explanation you can come up with? I have a life and I'm busy, that's all.

And last but not least, I'm planning to work on my skills even more before I go around fixing and reworking my released mods. The sabers are finished somewhat, they need a bit more detail editing, after that I'll probably surprise you with a gun mod already when I return to my daily work here at the community. 

I kinda miss you a bit, the urge to take a look at your comments as soon as someone posts it or so. I also love JKA and modding, so one more last message to you: I don't plan to quit modding JKA anytime soon in my life, as things stand now.

Be well!

Barricade24, Circa and Bek like this

@@Rooxon ignore the desperate beggars for your mods. :P Attend to things that actually matter in life and return when you have free time. A few people don't understand that around here.

I get where they're coming from, but they can't annoy the person who is trying to make the mod, they are probably busy or just don't have the time for it... 

Yeah don't worry, I wouldn't dream of putting modding in front of anything else as things stand now. That SCHOULD be the common sense here yeah @ ... Well it's okay for now. But you know, actually now that I think about it, I like those "beggars" for one thing at the least. I love seeing my mods loved. :P

Also fellow students, I welcome you to Slovenia if you want to go through hell with exams. First they let 20 people pass (so they can even take the exams) out of 128 students that are signed into IT. Then we have 5 Writing exams followed by their oral counterparts and 3 seminar documents to write... My head's gonna blow even before I read the books for the seminars, left alone the learning for the other subjects... Well the only good thing is that everything is more or less thought out when it comes to dates. But it's still a huge pain in the butt. -.-

Yeah don't worry, I wouldn't dream of putting modding in front of anything else as things stand now. That SCHOULD be the common sense here yeah @ ... Well it's okay for now. But you know, actually now that I think about it, I like those "beggars" for one thing at the least. I love seeing my mods loved. :P

Also fellow students, I welcome you to Slovenia if you want to go through hell with exams. First they let 20 people pass (so they can even take the exams) out of 128 students that are signed into IT. Then we have 5 Writing exams followed by their oral counterparts and 3 seminar documents to write... My head's gonna blow even before I read the books for the seminars, left alone the learning for the other subjects... Well the only good thing is that everything is more or less thought out when it comes to dates. But it's still a huge pain in the butt. -.-

Sheesh! I feel your only but a fraction of your pain ( :unsure:  :wacko: I only have my Ap Bio exam and final along with all the English 2 honors,Geometry, Chemistry honors, and Principles of Engineering finals  :facepalm:). Did I mention that I don't want to go to Slovenia.

Rooxon likes this

Yeah rather don't, everything is wrong here, going from politics to wheather, prices for everything, a big unemployment percentage (no jobs), no money in the governments institutions, a lot of gymnasiums but it's very hard to actually finish any higher school.. in fact, it's hard to even come by the first year... kinda some soft hell alltogether, no joking. I just wish I could move somewhere far away.

Yeah rather don't, everything is wrong here, going from politics to wheather, prices for everything, a big unemployment percentage (no jobs), no money in the governments institutions, a lot of gymnasiums but it's very hard to actually finish any higher school.. in fact, it's hard to even come by the first year... kinda some soft hell alltogether, no joking. I just wish I could move somewhere far away.

London maybe? I live in the USA, but I hate it here(though that's no reason for me to hate the entire country) I may move to Connecticut when I get older. 

Edit: Does living in Russia have any benefits?

London maybe? I live in the USA, but I hate it here(though that's no reason for me to hate the entire country) I may move to Connecticut when I get older. 

Edit: Does living in Russia have any benefits?

Well just to wrap this country-habitational problem up; I don't know where you got Russia since noone mentioned it I think but.. Ah geez nevermind, I've got family in Germany and Canada. I always thought about going there at least for vacation.

And yes guys, let's return to my weapons. Now in a week or so I'm comming back to working more common than ever before, since I will finally have the exams behind me. Any suggestions, wishes you might have for me? For example, someone messaged me they find some sabers in the first pack aren't as neatly done as the later sabers I've done. You can be as specific as you want, I've got no problem about going back and fixing even the smallest things.

And regarding blaster/gun weapons, @ was nice enough to write me a quick list of what's going on here and I see others have also started creating better models for them. Anyhow, I will do my versions regardless, I just thought this is something you would want to know, especially fellas like @@Circa :)

Bek likes this

Sorry I tend to jump to conclusions.

You don't need to apologize to me for such small things. I'm highly tolerant towards others, especially I understand that we're all human, we all make mistakes... Though your gut was on the right place, I'm from Slovenia and there's a known fact you couldn't even be aware of; Regarding our language, we're closer to russian than any other slavic country. So buddy, good guess nevertheless. ;)

Now, WeaponsHD. Over the days during my absence I came to realize I have to redo a couple of sabers from the Single Saber pack, as they're just to low standard for the newer hilts I've created. Also other good models will get more details modeled in. That's from my perspective, but more than anything, I'd like to know what YOU folks think could be done to improve them further. So, shoot away. Please. :) This will be probably the final plan for now regarding saber hilts, when I'm done with those, I'm moving onto the guns, so help me construct it while I'm still "absent" from modding, so I have clear goals with them and this will enable me to finish them sooner and work faster.

Oh and I almost forgot. @@Omicron, I actually love all those things you mentioned. :D I'm a musician, I like nature and all kinds of weather. Scotland would be a pleasing choice. :D Though I think I'll stick to Slovenia because of our family business, my sister graduated last year from Biology and is going to study Biomedicine further. So there's noone else to take over the bakery. And believe me, if nothing else, it's money. A lot of it, actually. If you don't believe me, just think about it. Everyone eats bread and it's a business that will never die. We're keeping it up already for 2 generations and I'll be the next boss or rather the third generation. :)

This year it's gonna be a hell of a productive summer! :)

Bek and Omicron like this
  • 2 months later...

heya, how have you all been doing?? Well I've had the most difficult time of my life yet comming it seems this summer, lot's of things are making my life hard, so I pushed modding JKA to the very edge of importance. First of all, my faculty life isn't going as it schould as I missed 1 exam, which I schouldn't have but besides this, I haven't even thought about modding further. Then I saw AshuraDX's submitted mods, after which I was stunned for a moment. Well as I know myself, I'm capable of coming to his level with my sabers. I think that taking some more time off, honing my modeling and texturing skills would be good, but since I was absent for so long already, I'll keep modding during this time and posting my mods. There's one wish I want to realize; To give my part to this community, which would be something special. Recreating better versions of the weapons is the start and I think I've been going at it the wrong way, until now, I've just made saber replicas in image of my own skills to only MY liking. As of now, I know the difference between what seems beautiful to me and what is stunning to look at, regardless of who you are. Which is what I saw in @@AshuraDX 's saber mods. 

The shorter message here is this; I'm getting hyped up just thinking about having free time all the time, as it was possible most of my life up until now, but things change. Modding is more like a thing I remember to do once in a few days now. I'm still in the process of sorting things out in my life regarding job and home building, which doesn't leave me much chance to work for you guys. But that's okay to me, as I don't really take it as important as it will be once my mods are something that just leaves you jaw-dropped, so I'll just work on my thinking when modeling and the skills itself. ;)

Please, reply and tell me your thoughts! If anything, I need your support. Might as well thank you for everything so far, even if it was only 10 people all together, it's something I get rarely in my life for... pretty much anything. I love you guys, this community, and JKA which has brought me here today!