Rooxon's WeaponsHD

I certainly do like the hilt design, but I doubt this would make much of a "training" saber, it needs to be a bit simpler or more casual if you want. Just the basic parts put together that make the blade work, at least that's the look I have in mind for the training one. Today I hope I'll find some time to work on my mods.

I thought about this too, they wouldn't get too much stagelight. So it's really debateable if it's worth creating or not, but we could still discuss this. After all, we could add more npcs to the game, whom could be potential users of such a saber. Or maybe give the training saber to Jaden at the start and make it change into her saber after some point in-game, maybe before you choose the first mission. Again, it's a question of possibility and such... all together it's complicated, in short. Well I vote for dropping the training saber idea.

Is it possible to to have Jaden use a specific saber - a newly created training saber - for a specific mission, e.g. at the training grounds?

Say you start a game, choose a saber like Arbiter, and once you and Rosh make it to the Temple and start training, the saber would automatically switch to training saber.

And once u start your first mission, the training saber is once again, automatically removed and you'll have the Arbiter that you chose. Or any other saber from the menu.

I doubt it but that's somewhere the same thing I proposed in the last post, if it could be given to Jaden from the start until the end of the second stage, after this before you start the first chooseable mission, switching to the one you've chosen at the start. I also said it'd be worth doing it if it had more stagelight - if it appeared more in the game. The Jedi Trainer could have it in the final mission, Rosh could wield it in the second and let's say a few of the weaker reborns could be candidates also, why not. It would bring a bit of diversity to the game, as right now in the vanilla game, you see the stinger practically everywhere, which is a bit nerve-taking for me, I confess. And who sais that some of the cultists couldn't be former jedi trainees? they've just decided to use the training saber they've built, that's all. :D

Right, Rosh uses the Stinger in both NPC's that he has. When he's training, and when he turned to the dark side. There should be two different sabers anyway, though he should have the mass produced reborn saber when he's on the dark side though.

Rooxon likes this

@@Circa, you've just given me a great idea for @! THE MASS PRODUCED STINGER! Alora, Tavion and Rosh could use each their own MODIFIED versions of the stinger, if you get my meaning. Giving their sabers somewhere the same look but each changed to their wishes a bit. For example, Tavion's would be the Stinger but maybe the top and bottom changed to Desann's parts or something similliar, as she was obssessed with him. Alora's two hilts could be what Zefilus has already designed, as it kinda reminds of the stinger. Rosh's would be something totaly for itself, with a feature that reminds of Rosh himself. This way, it'd be more believable to look at such sabers.

Though I still like the black design you posted for Tavion, you could either do a few modifications to it OR do an entirely new design and I'll use that hilt for the expansion hilts, you know, as I plan on giving the players 15 single and 15 staff sabers for choice in the final stages of my sabers WeaponsHD mod.

I just drew 4 more saber designs while I was taking a dump.   I'll reveal them later, and no - there's not a goatse saber included :D

So  you need a stinger for Tavion, that has hearts carved into it at the words "Tavion x Desann"  - and a stinger for Rosh that looks like Penis.

Bek likes this

Well do take a bit more time and do some nice designs, I'm afraid I don't want to see those created while taking a dump. :D hahaha laughing my butt off on this side haha. And don't make Tavion's and Rosh's sabers too extreeme - like your last post. :D

The third dual hilt is finished, I hope to finish with the last two today. I'll keep you posted here, afterwards it goes into testing (@)  and I'll make a first release, so I can finally start on doing updates for the first two packs. I've talked with people lately, offering my help for their own projects and I'm gonna try to take a more active role here in our community, as I do find the time to do so, at least lately, currently if you will.

Also, I'm not sure anyone noticed, but I updated my HD Saber Blades yesterday, I took a bit more time and thought the graphics out a bit. I've given it the same "parts" in the texture as the vanilla graphics did, worked on remaking the exact same position of the graphics and I've played with the color around a bit, I noticed that the color of the floor glow and the saber graphics isn't the same for some of the colors, so this is now also fixed. Also, I didn't like the clashing of colors for the fallen hilt graphic, I've now made it blue/dark blue, which goes perfectly with the yellow glowing reflection on the hilt itself when it's on the ground. Updated the first post here with the pic also!

Edited by Rooxon
Bek likes this

Guys I'm losing my nerves, I NEED HELP! @@Circa @@eezstreet @@Archangel35757

So the thing is, something is either really messed up with the exporter or I don't know what else. It happened to me when I exported the Vindicator Single hilt, and here's the deal; the UV Map of two parts of the saber get totally messed up, even though they're TOTALY FINE IN MD3 VIEW and 3DS MAX! I repeat, the textures show TOTALY FINE! But there's more, as soon as I open the GLM file, ModView states some surfaces aren't there, which aren't defined in the skin file at all! I tripple-checked the skin file for any spelling errors or such, but I didn't do them. I checked small/big letters for parts of the model, also, they're correct. For your information, the additional "surfaces" that appear in the error messages are basically parts of the saber with a 01 or 02 at the end.

Here's the list of things I tried to do up until now:
- Tried with another model, the problem persists even in those, which were previously exported just fine!
- Tried reworking a simple hilt and exported, the problem persists. But it did not when I tried porting the model to gmax, smooth and UVmap it there and than exported it as an MD3, allthough the game crashes with this model
- Tried the problematic model in-game with one result each time the model would need to load up: CRASH
- Asked others for help, they had totaly no clue as to why this is happening.

So I'm thinking, the problem could lie in the model itself, which I doubt very much as the problems continue even with previously fine exported models, or either in the MD3 exporter and maybe some of my other softwares causing it to do that. I don't know. I'm totally in the dark, I could've finished the last pack by now if this wasn't happening... If it matters, I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro build 9600 student version. 

In the mean time, I'm gonna try recreating the hilt a third time, this time trying to port it to gmax for smoothing and UVW Mapping before exporting it.

@@Archangel35757 Hm, you're right! You remember when I told you I'm gonna keep this as a second option if need ever arises? Now it's happened and I totaly forgot I have max7... 

But no matter, one more thing I noticed was that this hilt had it's vertcount quite high, the single model was out of 7 parts and the staff 16, the first two hilts were about a third lower in both aspects. Could this be the cause? I just want to resolve this somehow, It's depressing it started making problems now, when it worked already fine for the first two... I will also try to uninstall 3dsmax2012 and installing it again, equiping it with the same plugins and do another run at the exporting. It's just funny that in 3dsmax2012 everything seems fine, as does in md3view. The problem appears in ModView and crashes the game if I try to load the model.

EDIT: Now I'm really confused. I didn't go to the staff counterpart of the Vindicator because of the problems, but I just tried to export it. NO ERRORS. And it was made FROM the single hilt, so now I'm lost even more. Happy it worked this time, though... I'll try to do the routine backwards, delete parts of the staff to make it a single hilt, then try to export it, hopefully it works also.

@@Circa, you've just given me a great idea for @! THE MASS PRODUCED STINGER! Alora, Tavion and Rosh could use each their own MODIFIED versions of the stinger,

Don't get carried away with good ideas :)

I like the idea of mass produced stinger, but Tavion would not use one, as a real sith, she has continued the tradition of building her own lightsaber, something similar to Desann's.

She's wacko, but she's still a sith who has been trained by a Sith Lord. It's only logical she would have a duelling style similar to Desann's - this would show in her saber design.

Other badguys are just crazy cultists, reborns, expendable warriors, so It makes sense that whatever they would be using,  Rosh would be given one of his own to customize.

But how would Rosh personalize his newly given hilt? Make it broken?  " Hey Jaden, I'm stuck... can you help me??"   Any ideas for his customized saber are more than welcome.

I'll work on some staff sabers before continuing with the stinger

She's wacko, but she's still a sith who has been trained by a Sith Lord. It's only logical she would have a duelling style similar to Desann's - this would show in her saber design.

Not necessarily. Look at Maul and Sidious; very different sabre design (and fighting you could say therefor)

@ No, of course she wouldn't put feathers onto the hilt :P I don't like putting "soft" things on them at all, as JKA just doesn't offer any way to make it seem real. It'd be nice if I could, say, animate the hilt to have a bit weaving feathers or a piece of cloth, make it seem like there's a light breeze. But it's not possible, that's why I tend to go around such things when creating hilts. Well then I'll probably go with the posted designs on the previous sites, but listen out what I'm going to write below.

Still, @@Omicron is right; Teachings in SW Universe are passed to others, but people tend to then transform the knowledge to fit their own personal fighting style best. At least that's how it seemed to me while watching the movies, so let's take that into account. Every selfconscious, strong willed Jedi / Sith who's been traditionally taught alone by his Master will probably have it's own Lightsaber. With regards to that, we've made a good list of people needing them; Alora, Tavion and Rosh. I believe Rosh wasn't much more than a pawn to Tavion, but he's been an important student for Kyle, so... I would like to do it like this: Rosh needs 2 different saber hilt designs with little visual difference between them; I imagine a hilt with a small square glass window, which presents the inside of a small "room" in the hilt, the color focusing crystal and one hilt will simply be equipped with a blue one, one with a red one. Alora's designs are somewhat allright and cool, I guess. 

But now we come to Tavion. The design you posted @ze[/size][/font]ƒilus is quite allright, it's just that I can't see Tavion use it for some reason; You know how she uses a saber and the scepter, right? At some point I thought, she's probably best at dual-wielding and it would be logical why Alora chose to switch to dual-wielding. What's more, she must have learnt more about saber fighting herself, too in the time between JKO and JKA. So I thought about giving her a saber, which she would use WITH the Sith sword at the end of the game, if the light path was chosen. At least the final battle would be a bit more of a challenge then, but nevermind that; Just ask yourself, can you see her using a hilt like that? I think she needs something that looks more customized. I know I said I loved the design before, I still do, it's just this thoughts are going through my head a lot. I can try to come up with some more detailed explanations, if you need, but in short, I mean to further evolve her design to make it seem a little bit more complex and WAY MORE customized. To me it just looks like a silver tube, equipped with black-tube like parts to cover it's insides and voila.. here we go... :D

Don't worry about the stinger, though; It's the one hilt I'm gonna keep the model for the finalized version of my packs, it just needs a major retexturing. Or maybe even a completely new texture, as I've been kinda toying around before, giving it some red/white specular reflection and things bwahah :D also that hideous overlay metal picture, right now I'm doing the scratches and dirt completely on my own, I'm not using other pictures as reference or for tricks like that anymore.

Bek likes this

Moving on. I'm satisfied for the time being with my skills, I've got the programs to work correctly, here's the Vindicator (dual 3) hilt, or rather, it's single counterpart in the very first stages of giving it texture, particularly the base:

The Vindicator dual/single counterpart hilt:

dual3scr1.jpg

The Champion single counterpart hilt:

championscr.jpg

I've also solved the problem I had with porting to gmax - I use milkshape3D now :D

But I actually did solve the gmax problem; MD3View seemed to use another old .skin file WITH the new one for some reason, which caused my strange errors. Keep in mind that the .skin file was modified into a new one so I don't really get where the program could even read the data from the old one from... anyhow, I used saber_w.md3 as the name for the md3 before and after I exported the new model I overwrote it, which I schould not have done. This problem wouldn't surface if I'd have DELETED the old .md3 file and the old .skin file beforehand from the directory. I did that, created a new skin file, exported once again and the problem didn't occur, for anyone who would get the same error as me.

@, any progress on the concepts? I've got 2 more hilts to finish texturing, one more to create and I'm done with this pack.

I'll keep you posted on the progress!

Vindicator's finished more or less, just some details missing on the emitter:

vindicatorscr.jpg

I have to ask - do you like the fact that I've made certain parts darker on the hilt? I just thought it could use a little change, so I haven't done anything too big. Also, don't worry about the details, I've gotta fix one face in the UV Mapping that got messed up, to correctly draw on the missing details later.

Edited by Rooxon

Allright, let me see them once they're finished, please. You can post them here, so others can also see them and give their opinions, after all it's a mod for everyone.

Final tex for the Vindicator, onwards I go texturing the Champion and later only the Vanquisher remains.

• 2 weeks later...

The Avenger (dual_2) and the Champion (dual_1):

scrguardianavenger.jpg

The Vindicator:

scrvindicator.jpg

Folowing the Vindicator, I'm texturing the Champion, later off I'm starting the last model, just want to finish the base texture for the Dual 4 saber hilt, which looks about now something like this: (don't mind the hideous screws at the bottom, gotta fix the UV mapping that's why it looks funny. This didn't show until I had a texture to lay on it)

The Champion (base texture WIP):

scrchampion1.jpg

So what do you think? I got practically none oppinions about these from you guys, well to be exact, except from @@AshuraDX who's been teaching me a lot of usefull stuff and helping me get the models into the right shape and UV maps! I hope that at least it can be seen I'm trying much harder than I did before and that's also how I want to make the other 2 packs look like.

z3filus likes this