Rooxon's WeaponsHD

yes I agree, I also stated before the colors seem wrong.. actually I've already done that. ;)

And if you thought the retaliator is amazing... imagine what the adept looks like, made in style like those sabers before. ;) it's becoming really cool, all shielded and stuff :3 almost done with the modeling

EDIT: Guys I'm thinking about going onward with the modeling of other sabers, anyone wants to give a shot at texturing? I can send you the needed files, I'm so or so gonna do them myself anyway, but.. if anyone wants to take a bit of work off of my hands, I'll just be all the more happy. ;)

I'll try to experiment with them, but I have no real experience, if you want me to do them just PM me 

Well it's not really that I NEED someone to do it, it's more like if anyone wants just to have a go. ;) As I'm planning to release more choices to the saber's skins alon with the mod, I would actually need some alternative skins and if I do all those by myself, I'll slowly but surely dry out my ideas. I haven't yet mapped the adept, so if you want, I can send you the models and templates for my arbiter, retaliator and consul. ;)

Here, I packed it for you (or anyone, really) who wants to have a go. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r73a8p8yxs4r4mp/sourcepack_sp1-3.rar

When this SP pack is released, it will contain an "addon" folder, which will contain separate PK3 files with optional skins for the sabers. I'll equip each file with it's respective screenshot.. I think it's a cool feature, dunno, I don't get much feedback.

The arbiter is the only one that is mapped according to the original textures (together with the previous Reborn and Kattarn), but I let go of this system. It was nice to see new models with original textures, though the addon will contain textures just copy-pasted from the original ones, I don't really need to trouble myself with mapping it that way.

I hope to finish the Adept today, as it's the coolest saber I've created for this pack yet, in my opinion. ;)

Bek likes this

hahaha :D k I started blushing as I read that... no. I wasn't doing that on purpose, I confess... I'm just gonna silently go delete a t :D Don't ask me, cause I don't know the answer... I just thought the whole time he was kattarn :P

Circa likes this

well next time, I ask you to do this, please! :D I can be a fool sometimes, making small mistakes like this :D I don't want to end up like a noob or something :P

EDIT: Circa, are you gonna take a shot at the textures also? I'd be happy to add your textures to my addon as optional skin choices. 

Circa likes this

well next time, I ask you to do this, please! :D I can be a fool sometimes, making small mistakes like this :D I don't want to end up like a noob or something :P

EDIT: Circa, are you gonna take a shot at the textures also? I'd be happy to add your textures to my addon as optional skin choices. 

I could take a stab at it, but I'm not very skilled in such things.

Guys, has anyone played my reborn 2.0 and katarn 1.0? Toasty has messaged me about a bug with the saber blade length with the reborn one, I'm curious as to whether everything else is ok.. to me it seemed it is, but it seems it's... not :D

Yeah thanks guys, you're giving me great motivation :) Don't worry, It's a work in progress. The released sabers won't have too many scratches like you say, they'll be top-of-the-class hilts, before that, I ain't gonna be satisfied. :P that's just how I work and in my opinion, the only one ready for release may be only the arbiter as of yet. I was busy the last days, today I'll have some pics of the adept and praetor models ready. ;)

EDIT: I realized what you told me about the scratches, and first of all before finishing the other sabers, I'm gonna go fix the textures up a bit... and the consul needs a bit of model fixing anyway.

EDIT2: 
The fixed-up consul. I'm gonna add two more buttons to the model to give it a bit of detail.

scrconsul.jpg

next up: sketches of other sabers... I've also started sketching the single-versions of the dual sabers (I'm gonna feature also them as broken-sabers... if you know what I mean).

20140422170019.jpg
20140422170034.jpg

Oh and worry not, I'm gonna re-do the consul... It's just not what I want for this pack.

Circa and Boothand like this

Well thanks @@Circa, though... yes, the design itself was also pretty hard to make... I mean the modeling of course. It's just... blueeeh.

Here's one more thing I managed to make a bit better today on the Consul hilt, I plan on adding a button or two at the top of it, just for the sake of looks and detail.. somewhere around the locations the original hilt has it's buttons.

scrconsul.jpg

Bane_Ross likes this

-.- to be honest, it's hard for me to keep track of all details, but... that's why I have you guys. :D opening photoshop back *goes drawing a dark purple tint* :P

Actually you can see I copied that part from the original texture and made it blue, right? I'm gonna go do a leather texture, add some shadows and over that I'll try to redraw the same patterns from the original saber... and make them gold, not too much and over the whole thing, I'll apply a dark-purple/purple cloud render, blending set to hue and opacity to around 20-30%, which will make the purplish leather back and the lines more... cohesive, as you've tought me they schould be. How does this sound? Oh, I hope it's not gibberish to you and I was clear enough what I mean :D I could also show you in a few minutes.

Circa likes this

@@Circa, what say you now? :P going the right way?

conscr.jpg Update:conscr2.jpg

I have to make the orange metal-like lines over those black ones, give them a good blending and a bit of filtering to flow into the texture under it... and voila. I also kinda like that I've made parts darker, if you disagree with me, I can still remove it.

conscr3.jpg Now I've yet added those little button.like thingies and I'm gonna redraw this top brown part also... I hope it comes out better than it looks now, else I'm gonna do this model again.

Maybe it's just me, but I think I lost the track of the original look somewhere in the making.

GPChannel and Bane_Ross like this

well yeah, sory, forget this model. Gonna do it tomorrow anew, made totaly in spite of the original. This model would need just too much fixing.

Also, a big update awaits, the praetor model is done. :3 I think I'll have enough time to make and finish the consul and texture the praetor.