Rooxon's WeaponsHD

Yes I agree, such a thing is too complicated to do. I'd rather go with two different hilt designs, and also that we change her dual wielding npc to the alora2 model. The one with less clothing, I'll need to edit the .npc filea anyway.

The only possible way I can think of would be creating some custom animations, where the player seemingly puts two dual-wielding sabers together, and than with the help of a simple script to change the saber the player is wielding (or NPC, if possible, probably not) to a model of the staff variation of those two sabers. I believe this COULD be possible, but it's a ton of work and trying to get it right. Not worth the effort for a single saber, except if this could be used with my dual sabers pack... so that even if the saber was broken and the player wields the two brokensaber single counterparts, he could put them back together into a staff. @@therfiles would this be possible to add?

@@Circa @ here, it's finished, though I went with 512x512 textures for this one. The tag_holster is at the tip of the holster ring:

scrzef3.jpg

@@AshuraDX, how's the texturing?

@ proper testing of this hilt is needed as soon as I finish!

I like that!! Can't wait to see the finalized version -- here's one design for Alora, especially with dual wielding in mind.

I wanted to add some color into this hilt, that same blue & green she has on her clothes, but that didn't look as nice as grey,

and also I took the liberty of adding a name plate to the side of the saber, as she might be a person who names her sabers.

I dunno...

cultistsaber2designz3f.jpg # ALORA'S   SABER

BIGGER  IMAGE BELOW

http://s14.postimg.org/nq3sihzhd/cultistsaber2designz3f.jpg

GPChannel and Rooxon like this

Wow. Dude, I couldn't see this as good as I do now but you've got real talent for saber designing! To me it looks more or less epic. Now if you could do another hilt for her to dual wield, ONE STRONGLY RESEMBLING THIS ONE AND YET BE A DIFFERENT HILT. That'd be awesome and the name plate looks quite good, a nice addition and something I haven't yet seen. I'm working today on touching up the last bits of the texture for the Z3F, I'll just upload the hilt when finished to JKhub as a mod, because now it's also equiped with the tag_holster for the saber holstering script, and because it already has a ring, it's perfect to work on that with it. The tag is at the exact tip of the ring, but you can look up that position in ModView anyway. After this I think I'll manage to finish my pack by today's evening, at least roughly.

So, now I've finished working on the tex, the comparison from yesterday and today:

scrzef3.jpg

scrzef4.jpg

Bek likes this

@@Rooxon  Thankss -- here's a quick copy/ paste   edit of the second saber for Alora, is it too similar?

The idea is to give her 2 similar saber hilts - twins - so having the name plates for both sabers is necessary.

I'd imagine Alora being very devoted to the Sith and that she would see her sabers as a very personal thing.

cultistsaber2designz3f.jpg

BIGGER  IMAGE BELOW

http://s29.postimg.org/t87qi00zr/cultistsaber2designz3f.jpg

For Tavion, I though about making a saber that ressembles Desanns saber, as she was very, oddly fanatic about him.

I wouldn't be surprised to know she found Desann's saber and fixed it -- and made it fit her hands better. I'll try that first.

Edited by zeƒilus
Rooxon likes this

Nice idea! Yeah she always seemed kinda hopelessly in love with him, a saber resembling his would be great, one thing though. Try changing the lower spiky part to something else if you can, it just doesn't seem right. The wielder would what, pierce himself pretty much whenever the hilt's anywhere near the body. :D Maybe for Desann it was okay, he did seem like some sort of big lizard, which do have great regenerative capabilities, but not Tavion. :D

@@Circa, I'll throw in a staff saber, if they wanna try holstering a longer saber also, though I do think I'll need to move the ring upwards when we get that far. Well it can be done in half a minute so no problems there, really.

scrzef7.jpg

2812.jpg

DESANN'S  SABER

As you know, Desann's saber was bigger than usually, because of himself being physically a very strong fighter, thus it would make sense if

his powerful over-the-head style passed on to Tavion, so I took the liberty of creating a saber that's either as long as Kyle's saber, or a bit longer,

since Tavion herself was a normal size human female, she would have to have a saber that has some leverage. Feedback is more than welcome =)

The saber comes out from top

tavionhilts34.jpg# Tavion's saber

Rooxon likes this

Again, it's awesome! :D It has all the parts it needs and it seems like a working saber. Nicely done! Anyway, the Zefilus is uploaded, awaiting approval! ;) There's one problem though, I think. Maybe it's just a little bit too big, but there will be issues with the model when we actually try to holster it, so I'll leave it like that for now at version 0.8 and fix it when I know specifically what parts and to which extent. I gotta move on with the dual pack today at least a bit, I'll get back to those new STUNNING saber designs after I finish the dual sabers and updated the first two packs.

Amazing, thank you for using my design and naming the saber after me. Version 0.8 sounds about right aswel, looking foreward to the final one.

So.. besides Tavion, Alora and Cultist saber designs... was there anything else you need help with? Glad I could help this much.

So, now I've finished working on the tex, the comparison from yesterday and today:

scrzef3.jpg

scrzef4.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the green. Maybe if it were more obvious what the texture/material is supposed to be, but right now it looks kind of awkward. The shaders make it look a bit better, but I think going back and making sure the textures themselves are as good as they can be before relying on shaders. I say this because I know you are a great texture artist and can do it. :P Also I think the hand tag (whatever its called where the hand goes) should be a tad higher. The left hand was at the very bottom of the hilt in-game.

The staff hilts will probably be holstered on the back, is my guess. Still need @@redsaurus to verify this stuff and implement the new tags. I don't think it would look very good for a half meter hilt to be hanging from the belt. :P

@ those look good. Maybe for the Alora hilt on the right, widen the base of the hilt a little bit like you did the top.

Rooxon likes this

No worries @@Circa, I left it like that on purpose. I'm still learning how to create custom metal textures from scratch with brushes and mask use in photoshop, it's a two and a half hour long tutorial, A LOT of info. I was just using the basic shading rules, a little bit of dirt and a routine, which makes the edges fall together a bit nicer. As of right now, I haven't even gone to make it metallic or something like that, that's why it's version 0.8. I need to figure those things out, like I stated in the comment section of the readme in the file, than I'll work on it a tad more to perfect it, also add a bit of enviromental shader to the back metallic silver "shield", and than it'll look 20 times better than it does now. It's imperitive that I learn how to texture from this tutorial very good, because with this knowledge, I'll be able to create much better textures than I do now. Also, I used 512x512 and just resized it later to 1024x1024 resolution before I've started doing the dirt overlays, this is also partly the reason why it looks a bit dull. What's more, try taking a look at the uploaded mod, the textures are even further modified there than in this picture you quoted.

I just need a few more days to learn and later create a few hilts to perfect my teqhnique.

One more thing, do you still remember when we were talking about custom saber sounds? Might be a good thing we'd talk about that sometime soon, as I'll be working probably every day on my sabers, I'll have all the packs finished in the near future and I'd love to include them then.

I'd need to change the green to another tone, though, you're right. It does look too... I dunno, it kinda hurts my eyes. :D And the tag placement is a bit off as usual, it's true I don't think enough about that. It's allright though, that's the whole point of me doing it like that, because others see faults that I don't. That's why none of my mods are final the moment I release them, except the Aegis recreation.. It was just a request for someone who liked my stile of modeling and texturing, wanted to see it done, that's what I did so, book closed.

@ sure, besides those, I can give you the big job right now, if you want, but I ask you to really think those next sabers through a bit before you start designing them. There's a few rules I want you to follow.
I mentioned already before, I'll hit the limit of sabers availible to the player, which means 15 single sabers and 15 staffs. Currently in the game, there's 9 single sabers and 5 staffs, which means, I'd still need 6 single saber and 10 staff saber designs. What I want you to take into account is the style from those in the original game, if you get what I mean. 

@@therfiles I don't mean to rush things, I just forgot to comment to your post. Did you look into it? Just post here when you do, realistically, I'll have all my packs updated probably in a month or even more, so there's still plenty of time.

Circa likes this

@@Circa - that saber reminds me of Buzz Lightyear, yeah? :D  I think it's cool.. I love it - Fits my personal skin. Which isn't Buzz  :P

And @@Rooxon - I've got plently of time to help you out, I may hit a wall eventually but I'll design as many saber as I can -- and hey,

it's your project - as long as I get the proper credit - I'll definetly try to make them ressemble the original sabers already in the game.

Rooxon likes this

I'm still up for experimenting with sounds, yeah, but I can't promise it'll be soon as the end of the semester is basically here and I'll be busy with my school audio projects and other schoolwork. But yeah I'll definitely get to them at latest by my winter break in a few weeks.

Rooxon likes this

@@Circa Ugh I deleted the post by mistake. Anyway, "I don't have any such obligatory things to do for now, so I've mostly got time in the evenings everyday, so I'll have a lot of time for modding" is what it said. :D You just do it when you find the time, I don't mean to rush anything.

One more thing, released Vs. fixed tex:

scrzef8.jpg

IN-GAME WITH FURTHER FIXED SHADER FILES:

scrzef9.jpg

I'm still doing some final touch-ups to the green parts, also I'm thinking about making it seem metal a little bit. After that I'll upload the update.

Circa and Bek like this

I've sent you a PM, though I think what counts is the in-game look, and I think this time it looks a lot better.. Though I'm awaiting your response and see what else I can do, maybe I can quickly fix it before the update is approved.
This is the quality you can look forward to in the updated saber packs!

I don't want it to be changed much more - It's supposed to be green.

Besides, this isn't his main project :)  I'd like to see him focus on the dual pack and everything else he has mentioned here.

Shouldn't need much more change to the color. I like the green, it was just a bit too bright and plain before. Looks better now. All these hilts will be used though, that's why you posted your designs, no? :P

Rooxon likes this