Master servers are going down on 31st of May 2014

That's the part I'm confused about. Let's say all the master servers (except for JKHub) went offline, would I have to use openjk to get the servers to appear in the list?

Or something which allows you to use other master servers, such as the All Seeing Eye mod, yes. The jamp.exe client doesn't allow you to see other master server's content.

BTW: Regarding JK2, I believe that it and JA can use the same master, just using different protocols. It's entirely possible that Raven's server is just one big one that serves EF, SOF, SOF2, JK2 and JA. Currently the JKH master server serves 1.00, 1.01 and JKG. Maybe @@Didz could tweak it to handle JK2 as well.

@@Assassin, something tells me you can't even come up with a good reason not to like OpenJK. Sure it's buggy now, it's incomplete but it's the future.

that's not the point @@minilogoguy18. I have attempted to use OpenJK in the past and I had nothing but issues with it. It messed up Japlus and the JA++ client, errors still were inplace despite me being told specifically they were fixed, and it wouldn't allow me to start up a server or connect to one and i had the latest version. also without a modificition to the directory of openjk it would not of allowed me to launch it.

that's not the point @@minilogoguy18. I have attempted to use OpenJK in the past and I had nothing but issues with it. It messed up Japlus and the JA++ client, errors still were inplace despite me being told specifically they were fixed, and it wouldn't allow me to start up a server or connect to one and i had the latest version. also without a modificition to the directory of openjk it would not of allowed me to launch it.

hi,

1. What issues with the JA++ client, and how long ago was this?

2. What errors specifically do you say were fixed but weren't?

3. What issues did you have with connection? What mod were you trying to use? (most mods work fine except MB2 and the JA+ client as far as I'm aware) Again, how long ago was this?

4. Why wouldn't it let you launch? There are two ways to launch OpenJK, they are:

- Pop OpenJK exe into gamedata (not recommended, but doable)

- Store the OpenJK exe somewhere else and use a .bat which provides the mod as well as the fs_basepath argument which points to your JA gamedata folder (optimal)

but both should work just fine as far as I'm aware.

Omicron and Raz0r like this

By the way added my server to JKHUB master server, just in case.

This doesn't affect us until Raven shuts it down, but I guess they would give out a solution but even that we've got already a solution.

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

But its one of the master servers. The only ones remaining now are ravensoft and qtracker. Once those 2 go down, arent we done for?

Just to clear this up properly. Jedi Academy doesn't use Qtracker or GameSpy as master servers at all, those are only added in by some server owners in their configuration files.

Or something which allows you to use other master servers, such as the All Seeing Eye mod, yes. The jamp.exe client doesn't allow you to see other master server's content.

BTW: Regarding JK2, I believe that it and JA can use the same master, just using different protocols. It's entirely possible that Raven's server is just one big one that serves EF, SOF, SOF2, JK2 and JA. Currently the JKH master server serves 1.00, 1.01 and JKG. Maybe @@Didz could tweak it to handle JK2 as well.

I think the JKHub Master Server already supports JK2. If it doesn't, I can just enable the protocol.

EDIT: I've now enabled JK2 support on the JKHub Master Server. It should work with 1.03 and 1.04. Just set sv_masterX to "master.jkhub.org" as you would with JKA.

Edited by Didz
Circa, Shadzy, Evulant and 1 other like this

Bots have same ping, don't they?

Most have 0 but there are ways to give them like 30-50 ping (some clans do).

It'd be amazing if you could sort by players and have the server list ignore the damn bots :P (Or do something similar to Gametracker which is that it says 5(3)/8 which indicates that 3 are bots basically.

EDIT: Actually when looking through the Server Info, all bots have 0. So can't someone create a way to filter players with 0 ping?

Speaking of servers...

Is there any mod or any way to see players and filter out bots in the server lists? Would be really grateful if anyone knew something about this.

This is possible in a couple ways.

1) When querying servers for their information, the server will return the number of actual human players vs total number of players. This means a client mod can tell you how many slots are taken up by humans vs bots. (Servers could fake this information if they're so poor that they need to do that)

2) To actually hide the bots from the player list will require guesswork based on the players with 0 ping though. This could hide the server host from the list if the server is a home server.

1) When querying servers for their information, the server will return the number of actual human players vs total number of players. This means a client mod can tell you how many slots are taken up by humans vs bots. (Servers could fake this information if they're so poor that they need to do that)

2) To actually hide the bots from the player list will require guesswork based on the players with 0 ping though. This could hide the server host from the list if the server is a home server.

Either way: Can someone/Has someone made something like this? Would really come in handy for me lol.

Just to clarify Didz, you may get >0 ping on dedicated homehosts due to the fact that you're still doing NAT and such, but I've only seen my ping top out at like..2ms before using this setup.

OpenJK wouldn't support it though if it involves modifying menus. I've heard through the grapevine that this may change at some point soon though. Also it doesn't stop using a cvar for it either.

FYI: Servers running OpenJK dedicated will have a g_humanplayers entry in the infoResponse when sending a getinfo request to it.

Best bet would be to add bots count too or abuse a serverinfo cvar that stores the number of bots in mod code.  Depending on type of filter you want specifically I guess.

FYI: Servers running OpenJK dedicated will have a g_humanplayers entry in the infoResponse when sending a getinfo request to it.

Ah, I didn't realise g_humanplayers was an OpenJK-specific info entry. This method won't work for Raven's game servers then.

• 4 months later...

Sorry if this is an unwanted bump, didn't see anything in the rules about month-late replies, but if the master servers went down, wouldn't people still be able to connect by just adding a server's IP address into the favorites section or doing the connect command?