Bioshock Infinite - The Church of Our Lord

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic architectural work! Then again, your maps have always had great designs to them.

In your latest post Szico, the first two photos you posted are using rend2 and the last are the base game? In the 2nd from the top photo, on the shot with the pillars, is the water shader still in development? Besides the reflection/effect next to the candles it's rather hard to even tell that there is water across the floor. Also, on the right column, the middle cutout looks like it's a lot darker than the rest of the cutouts around the column. It's also apparent on the very base of the pillar, where on the left side it looks like a dark shadow and then to the right of that it immediately cuts off and goes back to the regular texture.

Szico VII likes this

So for someone who has avoided shaders like the plague since he started modding, what's going on here? I know it's a rather broad question but just curious as to what kind of effects are being utilized and in what combination for the different parts of the map. Some of these effects are just gorgeous.

I used alpha fades for the waterfall with an overlying foam shader (tcmod scroll) and that one isnt lightmapped as I havent figured out how to lightmap a transparent and blended surface...

The water on the floor is lightmapped, with an envmap, a glow env map, a caustic effect shader and some displacement of the vertices using deformvertexes. Also tesssize 32 to increase tris count and make the env map look better.

I plan to improve the candle effects but its basically an animmap with around 16 stages

Looks great man.  I am doing a little something similar making a candle flame.  You've got a few there I see.  I would like to see a little variance with them.  It would give it a little more realistic feel to them.  With so many maybe having 3 shaders mixed around in there to make them look a little different I think would be awesome.  I've been busy just testing shaders and fog and stuff for the last few days not getting much structural work done until today.  It takes a lot of time to get a simple looking shader to look just perfect.  Nice work!