How much longer do you think JKA will last?

JKA Years (how long it will last)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How much longer do you think JKA will last? (theoretically speaking)

• 1 year or less
    • 2 years or less
    • greater than 3 years
    • greater than 5 years
    • greater than 10 years
    • I have no clue...
    • Other (please specify)
    • Between 2-5 years
    • Between 5-10 years
    • I think it won't completely die off
    • It's Toast
    • Seriously? Why all the stupid questions?

I don't think it'll ever die. I can't think of a single modding community that has actually completely died off (there's still Sims 1 and Starcraft 1 modders about, so I mean..)

I am not saying completely I am referring to the high activity level such as what we have now.

How long is a piece of string :P?

As long as modders and communities exist in this game, which I can't see changing any time soon, then this game will continue to run even without a master server (If that gets switched off someday soon). We should probably try pushing for n unofficial patch that includes the JKHub master server as soon as possible.

@@Onysfx, the Q3a source has been out since 2005, where have you been? It's the whole reason people have been able to code for MP for so long but needed the acutal JO/JA source since the SP engine was too different.

Ah shoot you're right, WHAT AM I THINKING, I KNEW ABOUT THIS FOR AWHILE, LOL!

I guess I forget sometimes because no-one has bothered to raise the entity limit on maps...

I think it will stay alive as long as "WE" modders keep it alive.

Now the full codes are released i hope to see some new mods coming for sp and mp. 

Every time a new mod comes out ,the community has a revitalisation ,I remember how movieduels 2 brought sp back to life.

Moviebattles 2 (love it or hate it) keeps mp alive and im sure the advent of JKG will bring new and old members back on the scene.

Onysfx and Omicron like this

Fairly certain once ep7 is out, we will see a lot more activity. Don't forget, Ep3 came out not long after JKA and can be held responsible for a lot of the activity.

Yeah, just think of all the prequel related mods made during the "glory years". They were the most made mods, and also the most loved/appreciated/downloaded ones. Especially the Hapslash models and @'s map packs. I'm excited to see some new movie content flow through here. Maybe we'll even get some old modders to return just to make movie related mods.

Fairly certain once ep7 is out, we will see a lot more activity. Don't forget, Ep3 came out not long after JKA and can be held responsible for a lot of the activity.

It's possible, but it's also possible that the new Battlefront game will soak up most of the attention if it releases around that time (which I suspect) not to mention how many people JKA will lose to Battlefront.  I don't think JKA will get that much attention unless a LOT of modders band together to give this game a face-lift or when JKG is ready.  Even then, you'd need to advertise a bit.