How much longer do you think JKA will last?

JKA Years (how long it will last)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How much longer do you think JKA will last? (theoretically speaking)

• 1 year or less
    • 2 years or less
    • greater than 3 years
    • greater than 5 years
    • greater than 10 years
    • I have no clue...
    • Other (please specify)
    • Between 2-5 years
    • Between 5-10 years
    • I think it won't completely die off
    • It's Toast
    • Seriously? Why all the stupid questions?

It's possible, but it's also possible that the new Battlefront game will soak up most of the attention if it releases around that time (which I suspect) not to mention how many people JKA will lose to Battlefront.  I don't think JKA will get that much attention unless a LOT of modders band together to give this game a face-lift or when JKG is ready.  Even then, you'd need to advertise a bit.

Well it all depends if Battlefront will be all that moddable. Most games these days aren't. It's being made by DICE, so I'm kind of assuming it won't.

Plus, JA has the most unique gaming style of the Star Wars games, with the best saber system. This motivates a lot of people (including myself) to stick around and keep modding for it.

katanamaru likes this

Well it all depends if Battlefront will be all that moddable. Most games these days aren't. It's being made by DICE, so I'm kind of assuming it won't.

You got a point there.  It's too bad mainstream games are becoming like that. I don't mean to sound SO pessimistic, I want the glory days back as much as the next person. Still, I won't get my hopes up.

Onysfx likes this

Any word on the new Battlefront game having saber fighting? If it doesn't, and if the movie does, then I think we'll see some resurgence.

We may, as a community, want to keep up with all the news about the movie we can so we can start an epVII mod/s asap. If there is no movie tie in then we could get something out that fans would like.

I'll keep my ears and eyes open for saber combat stuff.

As much as I would like to see a new battlefront game....and I think DICE will do well on it....Microsoft is trying to get involved and well...if the game is made purely for the X-BOX one....well then...good job big brother....good job....

Any word on the new Battlefront game having saber fighting? If it doesn't, and if the movie does, then I think we'll see some resurgence.

We may, as a community, want to keep up with all the news about the movie we can so we can start an epVII mod/s asap. If there is no movie tie in then we could get something out that fans would like.

I'll keep my ears and eyes open for saber combat stuff.

I doubt it will have any saber fighting at all. If they do, they'd be smart to keep it at a minimum. Most people hated the inclusion of Jedi and Sith. It left the game a bit unbalanced, even if it made it feel accurate with the Star Wars battling atmosphere.

I think JA will be just fine. We were worried TFU would steal the community, but it didn't at all. It's when a Jedi/saber based game revolved around online multiplayer (a new JK) comes, that's when the community might suffer. And especially if it's moddable.

I think JA will be just fine. We were worried TFU would steal the community, but it didn't at all. It's when a Jedi/saber based game revolved around online multiplayer (a new JK) comes, that's when the community might suffer. And especially if it's moddable.

TFU was terrible though. As long as you count on new SW games being as bad as TFU, it could be safe.

Circa and Omicron like this

TFU was terrible though. As long as you count on new SW games being as bad as TFU, it could be safe.

Exactly. :P But I think it could have been better if it had online multiplayer like JA. Imagine if JA didn't have MP. It would have been one of the worst rated games ever made probably. :D I would still love it, not because of the story, but the gameplay. But most people like this game for the MP.

• 1 month later...

I be surprised to see it still around when...dare I say..the Jedi take over! xD
Ah anyways. It just one of them games where its easy to mod the fuck out of it to either make it better or worse. Everyone already said the same answer, Modders. They are the Gods of Mount Taspir. Throwing down their mighty powerful stuff to the earthly people in the servers to use or abuse.

I would guess that it will always have at least some presence unless/until JK4 is made and released (and highly modable) I think its a safe bet that is JK4 is released and is relatively easy to mod, it will be the final nail in the coffin of JK2 and JA as most if not all of us might refocus our attention on playing and making mods for JK4. Of course that WOULD require Disney, EA and Lucasfilm getting their collective heads out of their asses and realizing that the JK franchise it their most successful and biggest cash cow and continuing the saga of Kyle Katarn guarantees them sales and a devoted player base for at least 10 years.

Merek likes this

I would guess that it will always have at least some presence unless/until JK4 is made and released (and highly modable) I think its a safe bet that is JK4 is released and is relatively easy to mod, it will be the final nail in the coffin of JK2 and JA as most if not all of us might refocus our attention on playing and making mods for JK4. Of course that WOULD require Disney, EA and Lucasfilm getting their collective heads out of their asses and realizing that the JK franchise it their most successful and biggest cash cow and continuing the saga of Kyle Katarn guarantees them sales and a devoted player base for at least 10 years.

Say, you've been thinking what i've been thinking for the last few years. we ought to duel this out sometime.