Ice Station Wampa

Since I reached 5,000 views on my project I decided to give you guys another in game shot. And yes, even though I know where the enemies are, i get shot on my own maps...hence the low health. Mostly debugging scripts and fixing some stuff. re-arranging some npc positions so you'll get shot easier and stuff like that.

Looks like some half-assed repairs on this catwalk. The answer lies in an e-mail on the computer terminal on the right side of the screen. You'll have to play it to find out the details!!

shot0254_zpsbff533f5.jpg

Looking forward to a full playthrough. Counting down slowly from 1000!

I finally got all 6 maps linked together properly. I did forget I had to add more "objectives" in but decided against it and made one universal objective instead. Since information is given w/ computer terminals in certain areas I figured the player can figure it out if they want to or just blast through it all. All I have to work on now is the final cutscene. Maybe end credits I'm not sure. 

The fog really added quite a bit to the room, even brightening it up a tad. I've narrowed it down to to 4 fog types which I've posted here below. I'm leaning towards the green. I still have to add some type of liquid to the brain chamber but this room is pretty much finished.

shot0245_zps3dcbe8fc.jpg

shot0248_zpsd5efda4f.jpg

shot0246_zpsed7f8d59.jpg

shot0247_zpsbbfb223c.jpg

A lighter green fog with red beams coming from those red lights above. A bit Christmasy but might look good.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the testing phase now. @Ramikad@Boothand have gone through it and I have two I've sent it to. Thought I saw the last of the Max_Shader_Error but that cropped up for one tester.. 

Still don't have the final cutscene done but I do have voices recorded and turned into ones that sound a bit like the Cylons from Battlestar Galactica 78'. I'm going to have to put subtitles on the those because of the distortion. This scene will just reinforce the story a bit and conclude somehow. 

I can't wait until this is released and I can start a new project.

• 2 weeks later...

Halfway done with my finale. Spent a bunch of time on the dialogue the brain speaks trying to get it right. Then, spent even more time trying to figure out how to get a light to flash through scripting but I think it'll be worth it given the the brain is made of brushes and not a model. The flashing light makes the brain seem alive. I then have to script in the camera movements that take the place of the player.  It won't be very long. It's just enough to close the story.. or does it close the story... hmmmm...

Boothand likes this

I'd be willing to test it after the 15th of this month.

You've got the link to it. I think that I sent a PM for a while back.  The final scene won't be in it.

Just check to make sure the levels switch properly w/ items and health and you get no max shader errors. That is the primary concern I may be willing to change some small stuff but its WAY too late for any major re-doings.

• 4 weeks later...

Never thought I'd actually be at this stage, but, I'm roughly 24 hours away from actually, yes actually, submitting my project!!!!  :winkthumb:

There is a project name change. Ice Station Wampa will now be called  " A Plot is Brewing in The Outer Rim "

I am also going to release my original map files with this project so people can make multi player maps and can add on to the SP campaign if they wish, or, use existing architecture for their own story lines. I have plenty of locked doors and areas you can't get to that just beg to be made into maps. The Readme file will explain this in more detail of what you can and cannot do but its pretty loose.

Boothand likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

For those of you that are interested I have 130ish random test .map files I made while building my project of all random stuff from computer terminals to original designs to test rooms for various things. If you want to take a look at any of these to see if they can help you with anything with your own project here is the link. It's only 22mb.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_HRn54BTmRDanY5cEsyTmlVejQ/view?usp=sharing

Circa likes this

Just checked the few latest replies: So even in the futuristic, far far away galaxy, the repairmen can't do their jobs well :)

He can't even do the job! Basically, I wanted to make a place that just seems to have a few bugs in it. Mind you, this is a schism or cabal of sorts within the Empire that is trying to take over the Empire. They don't have access to a lot.

In fact, if I could have had access to some voice over help I would have ended it with Kyle (or the Rebel Agent) dying from some rare lung ailment he picked up from the Waste Treatment aboard a medical ship. There is a terminal you access early on that says something like " Our insurance carrier says helmets must be worn at all times there and filters replaced every shift or the health insurance premiums are going to to up". 

Getting back to the crap fix it job...You read the message that was just being typed ( before you killed him ) explaining his frustrations with maintenance and that this storm trooper had to fix it himself. It was the best he could do...

All this was done just to show that there is a world going on there, good or bad, serious or far fetched, and you got to learn about it a bit. Its something I wish other people would steal and add in to their on own projects in one way or another.

• 9 months later...

Hi!

I'm new here, excuse me if my question is too much simple but... how can I play this mod? I put al the pk3 files in my base folder and, then, what I have to do?

Thanks!

This Mod isn't for Jedi Academy, it's for Jedi Outcast. You will also need the 1.04 Patch for Jedi Outcast as well.

@@IrocJeff You know the mod better than me :).

Yeah, I have the Outcast, I purchased it in Steam. I mean, I don't know how to launch the mod  :wallbash:

Thanks!

I believe you just do /map level1 in console right? I forget now. Is there a readme that comes with the mod, you'll want to check that.

• 1 year later...

Alright..

So I'm going to release this monstrosity for Jedi Academy. I loaded up my first level and its really not too bad. Decent amount of textures and some shaders are missing. Can't compile and run it yet so I don't know how much I actually have to fix over 6 maps. 

My other project is on hold since I can't get Warzone's trees to work and I can't use Blender to save my life to make my own. So for now this is what I am working on and maybe help will come may way with that other project in regards to trees and other stuff.

Don't expect monumental changes. If no one got ladders to work in JA that will be the only design changes to the project. Some textures will be different as i'm not going to mirror it exactly. 

And that's that. :winkthumb:

Bek likes this