Ice Station Wampa

Hey Jeff. Did you know you can open up .map files in notepad so you can quickly and easily replace textures? The only thing you can't do is edit them on axis.

Didn't know that, but, by going through the maps themselves in Radiant, along with using Jedi Academy textures/shaders I didn't have originally, this version of the project will look much better. I also went back and added more consistency in the textures used and where they were used. That is something that I got better with since the projects release. It's getting done so don't worry.  :lol:

The brewery map is finished minus one elevator and I just started that last evening. I'm starting map 4 tonight and that should be textured and finished today as well. Then I just have to go through and make all my elevators to replace ladders. Then some testing which some lucky person will help me with and I'm free to start working on other things. 

Map 4 is all textured minus these two areas. I decided to get rid of the pipe you crawl through since the mine monsters don't work right and I had them in there. So, I decided the two rooms with water in them need to be redone. I wasn't happy with them anyway. No compiled shots since its not all light and textured. I'm not going to have rails here. Also, you will be able to jump in the water, shoot the bars in the one pipe and go to the next area, Or, you'll be able to jump back up on the walkway. 

I'll post compiled images when its finished.

YG2MuXR.jpg

tuZ7SZz.jpg

Don tpick me to test a new mod, I hate exciting new adventures.  :P

Thanks for volunteering.

Now, I don't expect a full gameplay video from you  like Boothand did during its initial release when testing. Just to make sure it all works. It loads, npc's aren't walking through walls, stuff like that.

You'll get a PM when its finished.

Thanks again.

Some compiled shots of the first room. Going to make the blue lights smaller.

I decided to nix the joining of the two pools since I got all weird hall of mirrors crap regardless what I tried to a design change happened. Hard to tell in image but there are red lights on the side of the water tank there. 

q1r7MU8.jpg

ujHZ0EV.jpg

This is just the reverse of the room.

I'm not happy with the white lights but nothing else I made looks good so they'll stay for now.

I should be able to start going back and fixing the door switch shaders and finishing up the minor construction in map 2 tomorrow. Then, I'll change all the elevators at once since they are all going to be identical. Should be quick to cut a paste them in. Test, and then that should be it. Oh, and getting the datapad messages to work. 

Its the ladder structure which i converted to the 1 man elevators that i meant. Not working ones.

Hl2 design works well for this sort of area. Grungy, dirty. Lower light. I think thats the secret to making good looking maps for this engine. Grungy, dirty, and lower light.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the last posting I've been working on Map 2 almost daily to get it all working properly. I just have a few scripts to tweak. Not sure why but some stuff didn't work properly like the Imperial R2 unit at the tram station. Not sure why but I just moved the NPC and it works. I dunno. Its little quirks like that that bug me.

Tomorrow I'll fire up map 3 and give it a playthrough. It short and I don't have much to add other than some tram details and an elevator. Same with map 4. An elevator and some NPC's and some little details here and there.

Here's a shot of where you come out of the air duct and jump down at the start of the second map. New textures and some beams on the right side of the image. Made a huge difference from original.

5tVdnMS.jpg

Wasa and Futuza like this

Just finished up map 4. I was running into some issues with the water shader and it crapping out with the hall of mirror effects and entity leaks. I have no idea why or how since it compiled and worked fine 30 times or so before the issues. But, its all finished now.

Started up map 5 and did a run through. Very few texture issues. The two TIE pilots that run to attack you want to just stand there for some reason so I have to look into that. Some sound issues, probably soundsets that aren't in JA that were in JA. I do have to pull the Stormtrooper dialogue over as well as the music that was created for the keyboard. Outside of that it runs pretty well and don't have to rebuild anything.  

Anyway, its all little stuff.

So as of now i'm pretty much finished. All 6 maps are done. I'm in the process of getting the objectives working. I only had objectives in the beginning of the game since I wanted those who played it to draw their own conclusions and put stuff together with the terminals you read in-game. Also, I have to make sure my ending credits work. Then, pack it all up.

Ran into more problems with scripted NPC's from JO to JA so changes were made yet again which delayed me by 1 day.

Getting closer.  

Lazarus and RAILBACK like this

What is the texture you used for floor here?

TT0oToi.jpg

That texture is from the Yavin set and is met_floor01. Now, I do have blue spotlights there and the color value of those are #9BECFF. 

I'm hoping to get this finished this weekend and I am including all the .map files again so you'll be able to load it all into radiant.

Grab likes this

That texture is from the Yavin set and is met_floor01. Now, I do have blue spotlights there and the color value of those are #9BECFF. 

I'm hoping to get this finished this weekend and I am including all the .map files again so you'll be able to load it all into radiant.

Thanks! I already used that texture but it was looking different because of the lightning.

Edit: I already got some inspiration from your maps.